Both KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus and Artisan are very impressive stand mixers. And you need to select one, so I suggest you go with the Professional 5 Plus because it contains handy features. In the following, I’ve put together everything that made it the best choice.
What made the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Better than Its Competitor?
- This machine’s wattage power is the main difference; this comes with a 450 watts power; on the other side, the Artisan runs at 375 watts. The wattage of the mixer ensures power, as well as longevity.
- Both share the same 5 qt stainless steel bowl, but the Pro 5 plus bowl is wider than its competitor. It offers a 67 point planetary mixing action, which means the machine will rotate quicker through the ingredients into the bowl. While the Artisan has 59 touchpoints, so you will get the perfect mixing in it.
- It has a bowl-lift design that offers sturdy bowl support while mixing the ingredients so that the bowl stays in position. At the same time, the Artisan doesn’t contain this handy feature, which is a little hassle.
- Since it has a wider bowl than the Artisan, it allows you to prepare the 10 dozen mixes at one sitting. Besides, the Artisan has 9 dozen cookie yields, that is another reason I recommend the Artisan.
As you can see, the convenient features make this mixer an impressive machine for you, and you can consider this machine. If you love the functions and wanna check its best price, go through the button below.
Similarities Between the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus vs KitchenAid Artisan
- The bowl capacity of these two machines is 5 qt, and they are made from stainless steel material that makes sure durability.
- KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus and Artisan have 10 mixing speeds.
- They feature a one-year limited warranty, but you can use them for a long time with confidence.
|Specification||KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus||KitchenAid Artisan|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out 8||4.6 out 5|
|Planetary Mixing Action||67||59|
|Usage||10 dozen||9 dozen|
|Commercial Auto Reset||Yes||No|
|Bowl Capacity||5 qt||5 qt|
|Dimension||14.63 x 11.31 x 16.5 inches||14.1 x 8.7 x 13.9 inches|
|Weight||25 pounds||22 pounds|
Differences and Similarities Between the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus vs Artisan
The mixer’s motor power ensures you get a quick recipe that the Professional 5 Plus can provide. As it is made with the 450 motor, which is sufficient to prepare your favorite recipe in a matter of time. On the other side, the Artisan was built with 375 watts that is less powerful. Furthermore, the motor power of a machine also ensures longevity so that you can consider this.
Planetary Mixing Action
KitchenAid Artisan made with 59 points planetary mixing action while the Pro 5 Plus has 67 touchpoints, so the Pro will rotate quicker. However, the mixer will rotate thoroughly around the bowl to prepare the recipe. The touchpoints give incredible bowl coverage for the comprehensive mixing.
Both have a stainless steel bowl, and the capacity of the bowl is 5 qt. But compared to the Artisan, the Pro 5 Plus contains a wider bowl. It lets you use 10 yield, whereas the Artisan offers 9 yield. You can prepare a large number of recipes in the upgraded version, which is very convenient. But if you don’t want to prepare a large batch recipe, you can go with the Artisan version. Also, the bowl is made with a comfortable handle that makes sure handling the machine easier.
You can find the KitchenAid mixers contain 10 different mixing speeds so that the user can effectively prepare the recipe. Always start the machine slowly, then start increasing the speed level. However, you can adjust the speed level while kneading the dough, whipping the cream, or stirring the wet and dry ingredients together.
Both features a tilt-head design, which is very convenient as it lets you quickly access the bowl, including the attached accessories. And when it comes to preparing a recipe, it’s very convenient because the head will be in place while operating the machine.
The KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus is 14.63 inches long, 11.31 inches wide, and 16.5 inches tall. But the Artisan is 14.1 inches long, 8.7 inches wide, and 13.9 inches high. Compared to the Artisan, the Pro 5 Plus will take a little more space on the countertop; if you have any space issues, you can consider the Artisan.
You can make everything you want in both of these machines, and the power hub makes them a culinary center for your kitchen. They both include more than 10 attachments that let you prepare the ice-cream, cake, burgers, noodles, green juice, pasta, to everything in between.
You will get all those attachments that you’ll need for the recipe you want to prepare, from kneading bread to the cookies. The mixers come with a user manual, 6-wire whip, 1 pouring shield, flat beater, dough hook. And the attachments are dishwasher-safe, which makes cleaning very convenient and more manageable.
In terms of warranty, the machines have a one-year warranty; you can repair or replace the machine within the warranty period if there are any manufacturer issues. But if there are any damages, then you cannot repair it. The machines are made from high-quality material so that you can use them with confidence for years to come.
After reviewing these two KitchenAid stand mixers, you can clearly see that the Professional 5 Plus is the best. It is rich with handy features to make the machine useful and more straightforward. I highly recommend the Professional 5 Plus for you rather than the Artisan. And there are any budget-issue, you can select the Artisan for your countertop; it is also a very sturdy machine.
Frequently Asked Questions About the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus vs Artisan
|Do they provide grinder attachment? |
Yes, both of them come with a high-quality aluminum grinder, which is excellent, plus it’s very durable.
Can I knead bread dough in the Artisan?
Yes, it allows you to knead bread dough in it, as well as, you can mashed potatoes in it.
Will they run at 220v?
The mixers are made of the USA and Canadian electrical standards, so you will need an adapter if you want them to run at the 220v.
Does the Artisan blend all the ingredients?
Yes, it will blend all the ingredients perfectly compared to other mixers.
What is the motor power of the Pro 5 Plus?
It is equipped with 450 watts of motor power; on the other hand, the Artisan has 325 watts of motor power.
Check more kitchen Mixer Comparison from below.
- Kitchenaid Classic vs Classic Plus
- Kitchenaid Classic Plus vs Artisan
- KitchenAid professional 5 plus vs 600
- KitchenAid Classic Vs Professional