Why LiftMaster 8500W is Preferable?
- This fabulous garage door opener comes with a backup battery to give you backup while the power is out. But 8500 does not come with such an option.
- LiftMaster 8500W comes with a Smartphone Control feature to control this opener with the built-in wifi connection with the myQ app. But Liftmaster 8500 does not come with this feature.
- It has a remote LED light feature, which is 1,500 lumens. On the other side, LiftMaster 8500 remote light comes with only 380 lumens.
- The maximum weight capacity to lift the door in LiftMaster 8500W is 850 pounds, so lifting much weight is simple with it. But LiftMaster 8500 can lift 650 pounds only.
- Liftmaster 8500w is a faster garage door opener than the 8500. It opens 8.4 inches in one second, while LftMaster 8500 opens 7.6 inches. So, your time will be saved with Liftmaster 8500W.
These are all the features that make LiftMaster 8500W a better choice rather than the 8500. The LiftMaster 8500W is clearly the best garage door opener comparing these two. So, have a clear look at both of them and buy the best one.
Similarities Between LiftMaster 8500 and 8500W
- They have an automatic garage door lock system.
- Both have a timer option to close the door.
- Their wall mount design decreases vibration and sound. This design also unleashes up ceiling spaces.
- These two have a light turn-on option while entering the garage.
- Both make sure of a soft start or soft stop.
|Specification||Liftmaster 8500||Liftmaster 8500w|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 Out of 5||4.8 Out of 5|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||650lbs||850lbs|
|Smart Phone Control||No||Yes|
|Timer To Control||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Light Turn On||Yes||Yes|
|Accessories Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years||5 Years|
Difference and Similarity Between LiftMaster 8500 vs 8500W
The motor in both LiftMaster 8500 and 8500w is a DC motor, making sure of an extremely noiseless functioning. So, they assure you to give you a peaceful and durable service, most preferable in a garage door opener.
LiftMaster 8500W has a backup battery with itself, which is there for you to give a backup service while your power is out. This is a big plus point for the LiftMaster 8500W, as it can work in no power situation too. While LiftMaster 8500 does not offer you this privilege.
Maximum Weight Capacity
The maximum weight capacity in both of them is quite different. LiftMaster 8500W can lift almost 200 pounds more than LiftMaster 8500. Also, 8500W lift faster than LiftMaster 8500. LiftMaster 8500W’s maximum weight capacity is 850 pounds. Besides, it opens the door 8.4 inches in one second. LiftMaster 8500’s maximum weight capacity is 650 pounds, while it opens the door 7.6 inches in one second. So, dealing would be much easier and time affordable with LiftMaster 8500W.
LiftMaster 8500’s built-in wifi permits you to manage this garage opener with your Smartphone. You can manage it from your car or even from your home. It operates with the myQ app on your phone. You can have this same feature in LiftMaster 8500 too. For this, you have to buy the 828LM internet gateway separately. While LiftMaster 8500W offers it right after you purchase it. So, smartphone control is hassle-free in the 85p0W.
Automatic Garage Door Lock
They come with this automatic garage door lock function. This feature deadbolts your door right after it closes it. It locks the door by itself, so you do not have to lock it further. This feature offers you trouble-free and effortless managing of your garage.
The timer option is another cool and handy feature for a garage door opener. You can set the timer to close the door whenever you want. It really helps when you are multitasking or busy with your work. Both of these LiftMaster’s garage door openers come with this beneficial option.
Auto Light Turn On
These two garage door openers also have this feature of auto light turn on. This feature works while entering the garage. It is a must-have feature in a garage door opener as garages are most likely to be windowless or darker in daylight. So, this feature helps and makes your work less difficult.
The warranty is the best deal on these two garage door openers of LiftMaster. LiftMaster offers you a one-year warranty on the accessories of the openers. 5 years warranty for the machines’ parts and a lifetime warranty on the LiftMaster 8500’s and Liftmaster 8500W’s motor.
LiftMaster’s these two garage door openers have a lot of similarities. But the 8500W offers you the best and updated options with itself. It comes with all the new and updated features in it. So, my recommendation would be to go with the best and upgraded version of a garage door opener, definitely the LiftMaster 8500W. Therefore make the best decision for you and invest in the better one.
Frequently Asked Questions About LiftMaster 8500 and LiftMaster 8500W
|Is the Smartphone control works without paying any additional service in LiftMaster 8500W?|
Yes, the smartphone control option is built-in on the LiftMaster 8500W.
Does LiftMaster 8500 come with a lock?
Yes, LiftMaster 8500 and 8500W both come with an automatic garage door lock system.
Does LiftMaster 8500W come with a battery?
Yes, LiftMaster 8500W comes with a backup battery.
Does 8500 work with a roll-up garage door?
Yes, 8500 work with a roll-up garage door.
Will LiftMaster 8500W pick up a 12 feet tall by 14 feet wide door?
Yes, LiftMaster 8500W will pick up a 14 feet tall and 12 feet wide door. It lifts up to 14 feet tall and 18 feet wide.
Read other comparison articles here.