Lightspeed Zulu 3 and Bose A20 aviation headsets have an excellent reputation, but some advanced features made Bose A20 the best.
Which Features Made Bose A20 the Best Headset?
- It has a 45+ hours long battery life, and its competitor can stay 40 hours per charge. The longer battery life ensures you a safe flight, plus you can be tension-free about the battery of the headphone.
- Bose A20 features a side-swappable mic which is convenient for you because you can connect the mic to either the right or left earcup. Besides, the Lightspeed Zulu 3 doesn’t have a swappable mic.
- Both feature noise reduction, but A20 has 30% greater active noise reduction than the Zulu 3 aviation headphone. thus, it enhances the ability of what you hear plus understand everything properly of audio communications.
- The A20 headphones combine with the active equalization that will automatically equalize and shape the incoming signals for enhanced intelligibility and clarity. Unfortunately, the other one doesn’t include this function.
- It’s just 12 ounces, and the Lightspeed is 48 ounces. So it is a very comfortable aviation headset you will get to wear for the long haul.
You can’t go wrong with the Bose A20 aviation headset. Therefore, if you want to enjoy a peaceful flight, this would be an ideal pick.
- These headsets come with two AA batteries, and you don’t need to purchase them separately, thus you would save some bucks.
- Both feature Active Noise Cancellation that reduces unusual sounds and provides proper communication.
- They have both wired and wireless connectivity technology to use in the way you are comfortable.
- The headsets feature Bluetooth connectivity, also they are built with auto shut-off.
Quick Specifications Chart: Bose A20 vs Lightspeed Zulu 3
|Specifications||Lightspeed Zulu 3||Bose A20|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||13 x 11 x 5 inches||8.43 x 6.34 x 3.15 inches|
|Weight||48 ounces||12 ounces|
|Battery Life||40 hours||45+ hours|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required (included)||2 AA batteries required (included)|
|Warranty||5 years||7 years|
Similarities and Differences Between Lightspeed Zulu 3 and Bose A20
The Bose A20 has improved sound quality rather than the Zulu 3. It features acclaimed noise reduction, but the A20 has 30% greater noise reduction plus has built with active equalization for clear audio. This one is 30% less clamping force compared to the Zulu 3.
Furthermore, the Bose A20 delivers customizable audio prioritization control. So far, it allows you to mute an audio signal when you receive communication.
Lightspeed Zulu 3, by contrast, has great sound quality as well but not much like the A20. However, you can enjoy excellent call clarity from both headsets.
Speaking about the battery life, the Bose A20 might last longer than you think. It mentions, the device provides 45+ hours with its two lithium-ion batteries per charge. But you can use the headset for 50 hours straight, which is better than other aviation headsets.
The Zulu 3, on the flip side, delivers up to 40 hours of battery life per charge. This cannot provide you a fantastic battery lifespan like the other one. That’s why we recommend you go with the Bose A20.
However, both headsets feature auto-shuts off, which saves battery life by turning off the headset when you are not using it.
The Bose A20 is the clear winner in terms of comfort because this one is the lightest headset. It is only12 ounces, while the Zulu 3 is 48 ounces that are slightly heavier than this one, plus not ideal for wearing for a long time.
These two are built with a taller head pad to ensure maximum comfort and performance, even for the smaller head shapes. Anyhow, the size of the Zulu 3 is 13 x 11 x 5 inches, while the A20 is 8.43 x 6.34 x 3.15 inches. Hence you can see the A20 is also sleeker than the Zulu 3.
Therefore, you should consider the comfort, size & weight of an aviation headset before purchasing so that you can wear it comfortably for a long haul.
Since these headsets are built for aviation only, obviously, there will be a microphone. Here also, the Bose performs better because it gives a swappable microphone.
But the Zulu 3 does not have a swap feature. You can connect the mic to the right or left earcup, whichever you want to communicate convenience or personal preference.
Both headsets come with two AA batteries, plus an attractive carrying case and a control module for volume control. While the Zulu 3 comes with a foam windscreen, cord clips, and patch cords.
At the same time, the A20 includes an Aux-in cable adapter and an in-line clothing clip.
The Lightspeed offers a 7-years warranty for the Zulu 3 headset, and the Bose gives a 5-years limited warranty on A20. Additionally, both provide a 30-days return policy. If you do not fit on these headsets, you can replace them with a new one.
And if there are any manufacturer defects, the companies will provide you free repair service.
Lightspeed Zulu 3 and Bose A20 headsets are made in the USA, plus both of them have a good reputation. But the Bose A20 has impressive features which are perfect for a peaceful flight.
Moreover, this headset can last for ten years without any significant issue. And Zulu 3 would be an outstanding choice if you are seeking a less expensive aviation headset.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lightspeed Zulu 3 & Bose A20
|Do they come with a case?|
Yes, both headsets include a case, the case is formed rigid style, ensuring good protection to the headsets.
What is the warranty period?
Lightspeed provides a 7-years warranty on the Zulu 3, and Bose gives a 5-years limited warranty for the A20.
Are they Bluetooth compatible?
Yes, both devices have Bluetooth compatibility so that you can pair them with your phone.
How long is the average battery life?
The Zulu 3 has 40 hours, while the Bose A20 can stay for 50 hours per charge.
How comfortable are they to wear?
Compared to the Zulu 3, the A20 is very comfortable because it is the lightest headset.
Read related articles from the below links –