Logitech MK520 and MK540 have a few similarities; thus, it would be better to pick the convenient one if you know their differences.
What Are the Differences Between Logitech MK520 vs MK540?
|Logitech MK520||Logitech MK540|
|Logitech MK520 does not have adjustable tilt legs.||Logitech MK540 has adjustable tilt legs.|
|It has no media key.||It has a media key.|
|The palm rest of the MK520 is not convenient.||The palm rest of the MK540 keyboard is very convenient.|
|Check MK520 Price at Amazon||Check MK540 Price at Amazon|
Why Logitech MK540 is Best?
- The keyboard of MK540 has Adjustable tilt legs for suitable positions to adjust the device; however, the other keyboard doesn’t have this feature.
- Logitech MK540 comes with convenient and essential hotkeys that provide direct access to media, calculator, and battery check functions. These features enhance productivity at your fingertips; on the contrary, MK520 lacks this function.
- There is a Textured palm rest on this keyboard, which will allow you to type comfortably, but the palm rest of Logitech MK520 is not well-designed.
- Logitech MK540 has dedicated media controls with beautiful round-edge keys, but the other keyboard’s media keys are very cramped and designed.
These are the features that made MK540 better than MK520. So you can pick MK540 without any hesitation.
- A full-sized keyboard with a number pad and other keys
- Longer battery life than the usual devices
Other Specifications Chart
|Editor’s Rating||4.2 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||7.9 x 2.7 x 18.3 inches||17.99 x 7.6 x 0.94 inches|
|Product Weight||2.2 pounds||1.82pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal Batteries||3 AA Batteries|
|Warranty||3 Years Warranty||3 Years Warranty|
Features and Benefits of MK520 and MK540
With an ambidextrous design and compact structure, your hands will fit easily with the mouse that comes with the combo. There is rubber gripping on both sides of the mouse to give you comfort. Also, the scroll wheel is designed such that you can use or browse more smoothly than before.
There is no mentionable disadvantage of the MK540 combos mouse. The mouse with MK520 is designed well, but the top’s surface may disturb users with sweaty hands. So users should be careful before choosing this one.
The keyboards of both the combo are very well-structured, and no question can arise about durability. The keyboard that comes with the MK540 combo is a full-sized keyboard with all the functionality.
The keys are well organized, so you won’t have any issues with accurate typing. The access of the last rows is designed specially so you will be able to type with a better experience.
All the necessary keys are presented on this keyboard, so whether for excel sheet work or office work, you can do any task on this keyboard.
On the other hand, the MK520 combo’s keyboard is the same keyboard size as this one. But the buttons are not designed for users who search for something unique.
The combo will last for a long time with its powerful pre-installed batteries. You will get 3 years of battery backup for the keyboard and 2 years of battery backup for the mouse.
The MK540 comes with a pre-installed 3AA battery, and the other device, which is MK520, comes with a pre-installed Lithium Metal battery.
The keyboards of this combo come with some dedicated keys for media and other controls. There are buttons for volume and playlist control on the top of both keyboards.
But in the MK540, the keys are round-edged, which will be very comfortable to type. There is also a power button on this keyboard.
Dedicated buttons for media control are also present in the MK520, but keys are very small and not designed for regular users. Your fingers won’t fit these keys.
As these keyboards are made for especially long sessions, the use so a palm rest was necessary, and there is one. A fixed palm rest is included with the keyboard.
But the wrist-rest of the MK540 is quite textured, which will give you more comfort than the MK520.
Durability and Warranty
You can use these combos overlong. Both the mouse and the keyboards are built with premium quality materials. You can pick these models without any doubt for any office work or personal work.
Also, you are getting three years of warranty for the devices. In case of any inquiry or replacement issue, you can always contact the support page from Logitech’s official site. They always do listen to their customers.
In both the category – mouse & keyboard, the MK540 is the winner. No compromise in terms of design or quality.
All sorts of consumers were considered while designing the devices to face any challenges when using the products. The final recommendation for anyone confused about picking one is can choose the MK540 without any doubt.
Frequently Asked Questions about MK520 & MK540
|Can I connect this device via a USB dongle?
The dongle is located in the mouse. You will see it after removing the battery cover.
Is there any indication/light on the caps lock keys?
Yes, you can see a green indicator on the switch.
What about the keyboard and mouse click? Are they silent?
The devices are very quiet. You can work in any workplace. Both devices are obnoxious.
Is the combo compatible with windows 10-devices?
It may not. This is compatible with XP, Vista, 7 & 8. You can visit Logitech’s official site for any updated version.
Does the mouse have an auto-off feature?
Yes, it does. If you need, you can trigger this option.
Is this combo compatible with a Desktop or just a Laptop?
As long as there is a USB receiver, you can work with this combo on any device.
Check out related articles here.
- Logitech MK540 vs MK545
- Logitech mk270 vs mk320
- Logitech mk235 vs mk270
- Logitech mk710 vs mk735
- Logitech K350 vs MK550
- Corsair k55 vs k70
- Logitech mk550 vs mk570
- Jahidul Islam is mostly an expert in computer accessories and smartwatches. He is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43 – Check Why Sony XB43 is Best?
- Gaming Headphone2022.08.31Hifiman Sundara vs HD650 – Which headphone performs better?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.31Wonderboom 2 vs Boom 3 – What makes Boom 3 a Better Choice?
- Bluetooth Speaker2022.08.30JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3 – Which one is Best?