We pick MacBook Pro 13 to compare with the Dell XPS 15, both are packed with amazing functions, but MacBook Pro 13 has top-notch features that made it the best.
What Makes the MacBook Pro 13 the Best?
- It has Apple’s latest M1 chip, which is very powerful and effective. The M1 chip delivers incredible user performance. At the same time, the XPS 15 is built with the Core i7 processor that doesn’t work like the M1 chip.
- MacBook Pro 13 combines with the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645, whereas the XPS 15 has Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti. Though NVIDIA has the latest graphics, the Mac graphics offer 80% faster performance since it has an M1 chip.
- You can use it for 20 hours seamlessly since it has the most extended battery than Dell devices. And the other one offers approximately 9 hours back up per charge.
- MacBook Pro includes 1TB storage, and the XPS 15 has 512GB. You will get more extensive storage to keep all your data without deleting them.
- It has a macOS operating system, and the XPS 15 includes Windows 10 OS. macOS is an advanced operating system that will make your device more versatile and work smoothly.
- You can easily carry the MacBook Pro because it is only 3.01 pounds, on the other side, its competitor is 6.27 pounds. So you can consider the MacBook Pro 13.
MacBook Pro 13 can deliver faster performance, so if you want to get a premium feel from your device, this would be the best choice.
Similar Features between the MacBook Pro vs Dell XPS 15
- The Pro 13 and XPS 15 are built with the Wifi 6, which means the devices can work on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz ranges.
- Both have 500 nits display brightness with an anti-reflective feature so that you can see everything properly and it won’t affect your eyes.
- These two offer a one-year limited warranty which works against manufacturer issues.
MacBook Pro vs Dell XPS 15: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||MacBook Pro 13||Dell XPS 15|
|Buywithme.org’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Processor||M1 Chip||5 GHz core i7|
|Battery Life||20 hours||9 hours|
|Weight||3.1 pounds||6.27 pounds|
|GPU||Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti|
|Operating System||macOS||Windows 10|
|RAM||16 GB||16 GB LPDDR4|
|Camera||720p HD camera||720p HD camera|
|Display||13 inch||15 inch|
|Backlit magic Keyboard||Yes||Yes|
|Display Brightness||500 nits||500 nits|
|Bluetooth||Yes, BT 5 technology||Yes, BT 5 technology|
|Ports||3 Thunderbolt||4 Thunderbolt|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty||1 year limited warranty|
Differences and Similarities between Macbook Pro 13 vs Dell XPS 15
MacBook Pro 13 will deliver you outstanding performance because it has an M1 chip with the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645.
The M1 is a small CPU, yet it makes the MacBook very powerful and fast. For example, it has 2.8x faster processing than the XPS 15. Also, its graphics is 80% faster than the NVIDIA GeForce of the XPS 15.
Furthermore, the macOS of the Pro 13 gives a smoother function than Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 OS.
The MacBook Pro 13 gives the most extended 20 hours battery life while XPS 15 provides 9 hours.
You can use the MacBook for heavy streaming, but this won’t drain the battery life. Whereas XPS 15 drains the battery quicker and may need to change frequently.
Therefore, Pro 13 is the best option as you can take it wherever you are going without worrying about the battery.
Both have 16GB RAM so that the device works smoothly. But the MacBook Pro 13 has 1TB storage compared to the 512GB of the XPS 15.
And 1TB makes your device very productive and lets you save all your important data and experience more with it.
While the XPS 15 cannot perform like the MacBook because storage also plays a vital role for a computer. That’s why our recommendation is the MacBook Pro for you.
Both have 500 nit displays that adjust the brightness automatically to your location when the sun goes down. Moreover, they have an anti-reflective feature so that you can properly.
MacBook Pro 15 has a brilliant Retina display that takes the images to an incredible level of detail. As a result, you can see clear and sharp texts. Furthermore, the P3 wide color of the MacBook brings a more vibrant color than sRGB.
At the same time, the Dell XPS 15 covers a wide color so that you can see more in real life.
The magic backlit keyboards of the MacBook Pro 13 and Dell XPS 15 are very responsive and comfortable to type. While typing, the devices won’t make noise and give you a quiet typing experience.
Additionally, the backlit makes you productive as you can see the keys in a dark room or lower light.
However, MacBook Pro 13 has inverted-T arrow keys that help you navigate the game easily or the spreadsheet. While the Touch ID offers fast authentication.
Both have the next-gen Wifi 6 that is faster and gives the user a strong network. Also, they combine with the Thunderbolt that lets you charge the device, connect to an external monitor. Transferring data at 40Gb/s plus connect another device to your laptop.
They combine with a one-year warranty, whereas the Dell XPS 15 offers a 60-days trial period. If you do not like using the device, you can return it and get a full refund. The warranty covers any software or hardware damages.
MacBook Pro 13 is undoubtedly the best choice here because it has the latest features than Dell XPS 15.
If you want to upgrade your laptop, we strongly suggest the MacBook Pro 13. It has the best processor, GPU, and other features. The Dell XPS 15 is also a good choice but not updated like the MacBook Pro.
So think about the features of these devices and then make your best decision.
Frequently Asked Questions about Macbook Pro vs Dell XPS 15
What is the RAM type in the MacBook Pro?
It comes with a DDR4 16GB RAM, including 1TB storage.
What is the XPS 15 graphics?
The Dell XPS 15 has the latest Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics.
Can I connect a portable monitor with the MacBook Pro?
Yes, the device comes with a digital AV multiport adapter, so you can connect a portable monitor with this.
Can I upgrade the RAM on the Dell XPS 15?
Yes, you can since it provides an LPDDR4 RAM, so it has a double RAM slot. So you can upgrade the RAM if you need it.
What is the OS of the Dell?
It has Windows 10 installed while the MacBook Air is built with macOS.
You can check some other comparisons here-