MacBook Pro has some high-end models, and we pick the MacBook Pro 13 to compare with the Dell XPS 13. Both of them are very famous laptops but when it comes to choosing, we suggest the MacBook Pro 13 for you.
Why do we suggest the MacBook Pro 13?
- The MacBook Pro 13 is a portable powerhouse, the device features an M1 chip including a 10th generation core i5 processor. It delivers you 2.8x faster processing speed than the XPS 13 11th generation core i7. Because the XPS 13 doesn’t have an M1 chip.
- It combines with the Intel Iris Plus graphics while the XPS 13 is built with Intel Iris Xe graphics. However, the Iris Plus of the MacBook Pro 13 boosts its efficiency like a beast. This graphic produced 5x horsepower to the device.
- You can find a machine learning function on the MacBook Pro 13 but its competitor missing this. However, the ML feature increases the task-smashing speed, image processing, and much more. The ML feature increases your device speed 11x than XPS 13.
- The MBP 13 works with the Mac OS while the XPS 13 has Windows 10. Since the MBP 13 has an M1 chip and Mac OS increases your device security plus privacy. Also, it makes the device snappier.
- You will get a massive 1TB storage from the Pro 13, besides the XPS 13 built with 512GB. Therefore, storing files on this device is a breeze since it gives huge storage.
- It gives the longest 20 hours battery life whereas its rival has 8 hours. Its battery life ensures you get out-of-the-box performance from your device.
- The Pro 13 has a Retina Display with a 500-nits brightness that automatically adjusts the brightness when the sun goes down in your location. But the XPS 13 does not offer this feature.
MacBook Pro 13 will boost your device performance to everything in between. If you are serious about upgrading your device, you should consider this.
MacBook Pro 13 vs Dell XPS 13: Similar Features
- Both provide wifi 6 so that you get the fastest speed.
- They make sure you stay productive all the time because they have a backlit illuminating keyboard so that you can see the keys in a low-light environment.
- MacBook Pro 13 and XPS 13 have a 500-nits display.
- These two have a one-year limited warranty if you face any manufacturer issues then you can repair them for free within this period.
MacBook Pro vs XPS 13: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||MacBook Pro||Dell XPS 13|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Graphics||Intel Iris Plus Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics|
|Battery Life||20 hours||8 hours Approximately|
|Processor||10th generation core i5||11th generation core i7|
|Operating System||Mac OS||Windows 10|
|Hard Disk Size||Up to 1 TB||512 GB|
|Auto Display Brightness||Yes||No|
|Dimension||8.36 x 11.97 x 0.61 inches||7.82 x 11.64 x 0.58 inches|
|Weight||3.1 Pounds||2.80 lbs|
|Wireless||Wifi 6||Wifi 6|
|RAM||16GB||16 GB LPDDR4|
|Display||13 inch||13 inches|
|Camera||720p HD camera||720p HD camera|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between MacBook Pro vs XPS 13
MacBook Pro 13 can deliver you all-day-long battery life because it can last for 20-hours which is the longest than the XPS 13’s 8 hours battery.
You can take the Pro 13 on the go for any task and this won’t drain much battery even with heavy streaming. But its competitor drain battery so you cannot use it for an extended time.
You can expect the best performance from the MacBook Pro 13 because it combines with Apple’s M1 chip including the 10th generation core i5. The M1 CPU feature 8-core that is extremely powerful and fast perfect for heavy workloads.
Also, it can process data 2.8x faster than MacBook’s previous generation plus XPS 13.
On the other side, the XPS 13 is built with the 11th generation core i7 but is not faster like the MacBook because it has no M1 chip. Hence, to get out the best performance and heavy-duty tasks the MacBook Pro 13 is the best.
In terms of the graphics, MacBook Pro is a beast since you will find the most advanced graphics processor in it ever built. Pro 13 combines with the Intel Iris Plus Graphics that work with the M1 chip.
Its eight-powerful core makes the device breathtakingly beautiful and smoother, as well as 5x faster. The intensive workflows will be done in the blink of an eye.
At the same time, the XPS 13 feature Intel Iris Xe Graphics that also ensures the laptop runs smoothly. But this graphics is slower than MacBook Pro 13’s graphics.
Hence, if you are a workaholic and need to done multitasking within a matter of time plus required a heavy-duty device the MacBook Pro 13 would be the best choice.
MacBook Pro 13 has Mac OS while the Dell XPS 13 includes Windows 10 OS. Undoubtedly, the Mac OS is better than XPS 13’s OS because it increases your phone’s security plus privacy. But the Windows 10 cannot give you a security feature.
In MacBook, the operating system works with the M1 chip that makes the whole system is a breeze. Your MacBook will instantly wake up from sleep plus you can browsing faster.
Besides, the Windows 10 OS does not do the job like the macOS. It may take some time to browse or wakes the device.
These two devices have 16GB of RAM that helps data processing quicker, also multitasking easier. But the MacBook Pro 13 comes with 1TB storage whereas the XPS 13 features 512GB.
You can also upgrade the internal storage if need. However, the MacBook offers heavy storage so you can grab it.
Both devices combine with the Wifi 6 which is very convenient because these two can work in 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time. Furthermore, it ensures you get the fastest download and upload speeds and much more.
Dell XPS 13 has a touchscreen display with a 500-nits brightness. The screen has an anti-reflective function so that you can see everything properly. In addition, the screen is highly damage and scratch-resistant.
MacBook Pro 13, on the other hand, also has a 500-nits brightness Retina display but it doesn’t offer touch. The MacBook screen is very smart because it has true tone technology that can automatically adjust the brightness when the sun goes down in your location.
Both devices are built with a backlit keyboard so that you can stay productive all the time. You can see all the keys in the low-light environment or in a dark room when typing. And it won’t harm your eyes because these two laptops have a blue-light protector screen and the keyboards backlit is not very light.
Dell XPS 13 and MacBook Pro 13 are built to last, they use high-end materials to makes them durable so that you can use them for years to come.
Moreover, they offer a limited one-year warranty that gives you free repair service against any manufacturer issues. But if you damage the device then you won’t get a free repair service.
MacBook Pro 13 and XPS 13 are the latest laptops in the industry combine with high-end features to give users the best performance.
But compared to the features, MacBook Pro 13 is ahead of the Dell XPS 13 device. It includes the world’s highest-speed M1 chip with the Intel Iris Plus graphics. The GPU increases the performance up to 8x and full of amazing properties as you can see.
Dell XPS 13, on the other hand, also has great performance capacity yet the MacBook Pro is the best way to go. But if you like the Dell XPS 13 then choose this instead.
Frequently Asked Questions about MacBook Pro vs XPS 13
Can I connect the MacBook Pro 13 to a portable monitor?
Sure, it can be connected to another monitor by using the Apple USB-C digital multiport adapter.
What is the chip of the MBP 13?
It uses Apple’s latest and tiny M1 chip that boosts up the device performance 2.8x than any device’s traditional device.
What is their operating system?
MacBook Pro 13 combine with the Mac OS while the Dell XPS 13 has an Android 10 operating system.
Can I upgrade the SSD in XPS 13?
Yes, you can upgrade the SSD up to 2TB on this device.
Do they have a backlit keyboard?
MacBook Pro and XPS 13 offer the same magic backlit keyboard.
Which has a touchscreen?
You will get the touchscreen function on the Dell XPS 13.
Check other articles from the links below –