MacBook vs MacBook Air – Check Why MacBook Air is Best!
MacBook is the older version, whereas MacBook Air has the latest technology. So, we suggest you choose MacBook Air if you want to get the best performance.
Why Should You Choose MacBook Air?
- MacBook Air is integrated with the Apple M1 chip, while the MacBook has an Intel Core M3 processor. Its M1 chip combines with the 8-core CPU, whereas the Intel M3 delivers 2-core. So, it can deliver you up to 3.5x performance compared to the earlier version.
- This device is built with Apple 8-core GPU graphics, besides its competitor has Intel HD Graphics feature. The Air graphic offers 5x faster speed while you open any intensive games or apps in seconds.
- It has a 13.3 inches display with 400 Nits brightness, so you can see everything clearly with detail. At the same time, the MacBook device has a 12 inches screen with 353 Nits brightness.
- You can use this laptop for 18 hours on a single charge which will be very convenient especially when you are out of home for a long time. On the other hand, the earlier version offers only 9 hours of backup.
- MacBook Air has a built-in backlit keyboard, so you can see each key in the dark. But the other one doesn’t come with this magical keyboard. However, the Air version makes you more productive than ever.
- It is only 2.8 pounds, thus you can carry this laptop effortlessly on the go. On the contrary, the MacBook weighs 3.4 pounds which is slightly heavier.
- MacBook Air combines with the Touch ID, but its competitor isn’t compatible with this amazing function. However, this facility makes the device easier to use, you just need to use your fingerprint to access the device, purchase a movie, buy an app, and much more.
If you want to upgrade your experience, then MacBook Air would be the best choice for you. But if you want to grab the older MacBook, then you can go with this instead.
Similar Features: MacBook & MacBook Air
- These MacBooks combine with 8 GB RAM so that the devices are responsive.
- MacBook and MacBook Air have Dolby audio, thus you will be immersed in the music or video.
- Both come with the macOS operating system, which improves the security system of the devices.
Comparison Chart: MacBook vs MacBook Air
|Editors’ Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Processor||Intel Core M3||Apple M1|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 615||Apple 8-core GPU|
|Keyboard||Built-in||Backlit Magic Keyboard|
|Display Size||12 Inches||13.3 Inches|
|Brightness||353 Nits||400 Nits|
|Battery Life||9 hours||18 hours|
|RAM||8 GB||8 GB|
|Hard Disk Size||256 GB||256 GB|
|Dimension||12.1 x 2.1 x 8.7 inches||11.97 x 0.63 x 8.36 inches|
|Size||3.4 pounds||2.8 Pounds|
|Wireless||Wifi 6||Wifi 6|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities: MacBook vs MacBook Air
When it comes to performance, MacBook Air is the best because it has the M1 chip. On the other hand, the MacBook includes an Intel Core M3 processor. However, the M1 chip provides industry-leading performance and also lets you customize the technology on your device.
In addition, this tiny chip gives your Air an extra boost to load compared to the Intel processor. In addition, it is integrated with the Apple 8-core GPU so that you can play intensive games seamlessly. Besides, the MacBook has Intel HD graphics which is slightly slower than the Air version.
MacBook and MacBook Air have macOS operating systems which improves the device’s effectiveness. This operating system improved the security system of your MacBook. In addition, the OS makes sure the device loads data quicker.
They have 8 GB RAM, which makes these laptops responsive and speedy. On the other hand, the 256 GB storage capacity ensures the device works fast and fluidly. The combination of the RAM and internal storage capacity takes the performance to another level.
You will get 18 hours of most extended battery life on the MacBook Air, while the MacBook delivers 9 hours backup. Hence you can use this device for an extended amount of time. Also, this device is perfect for taking on the go effectively.
Both have a Retina display technology, yet there are some differences. The MacBook Air has a 13.3 inches display with 400 Nits brightness. Besides, the MacBook screen is 12 inches with 353 Nits brightness. Hence, the Air version color detail will take your experience to another level. It delivers sharp, clear and details compared to the MacBook.
MacBook Air has a backlit illuminated keyboard so that you can stay focused on your work. You can see each key even in a dark environment. Unfortunately, the MacBook doesn’t come with this handy keyboard which is not convenient.
These Mac laptops come up with a one-year limited warranty, also they deliver a 30-days return policy. So, if your device has any manufacturer defects, you can ask for free repair service. But, keep in mind, if you damage it, you cannot claim for the warranty.
MacBook Air is the latest version combined with an industry-leading Apple M1 chip. This chip makes sure the device runs faster and also lets you customize the technology. Whereas the MacBook is older, which is missing the latest technology. That’s why we highly recommend the MacBook Air.
Frequently Asked Questions about MacBook vs MacBook Air
|What is their average battery life?
MacBook 12 inches deliver 9 hours charge on a single charge, besides, the MacBook Air offers 18 hours backup.
What is the MacBook Processor?
The MacBook is integrated with the Intel Core M3 processor, besides, the MacBook Air has the Apple M1 processor.
Do they have a backlit keyboard?
MacBook Air has a built-in backlit keyboard, but the earlier device doesn’t have the magic keyboard.
Can I connect an external monitor with the MacBook Air?
Yes, you can use a portable monitor with the MacBook Air device.
Is there any return policy?
Yes, they deliver a 30-days return policy if you do not like your device, you can return it.
You can also check some other laptop comparisons below:
- iPad Pro vs MacBook Pro
- iPad Pro vs MacBook Air
- Surface Pro vs Macbook Pro
- MacBook Air vs Pro
- Surface 3 vs Surface Pro 3
- MacBook Pro 13 vs 16