Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Pro 2 both are powerful and portable drones, but Mavic Air 2 offers more advanced features.
What are the advanced features of Mavic Air 2?
- The camera resolution of Mavic Air 2 is equipped with a 1/2″ sensor with 48 megapixels, while the Mavic Pro 2 comes with a 20-megapixel camera with a 1″ sensor. So, Air 2 can shoot the perfect aerial shoot with better color accuracy.
- It pairs with the 3x Low-Noise Propellers; the users can use the drone anywhere they want. Mavic Pro 2 isn’t equipped with this fantastic feature.
- Mavic Air 2 has QuickShots so that you can automatically capture cinematic video clips with just a few taps; in contrast, Pro 2 does not feature QuickShots.
- It has an impressive battery so it can fly up to 34 minutes. On the other side, the Mavic Pro 2 can fly for 31 minutes.
- Mavic Pro 2’s price is two times higher than Mavic Air 2. So, Air 2 provides all the improved features at a very lower price.
- The air 2 drone’s weight is 20.1 oz; on the other side, the Pro 2 is 31.99 oz. So, Air 2 is much comfortable to carry, while the Pro 2 is a little heavier.
Mavic Air 2 features these handy and upgraded functions, which made it the best drone for you. If you are serious about a drone device, then Mavic Air 2 can be your best pick.
Similar Features in Mavic Air 2 vs Mavic Pro 2
You may interest to know their similar features & benefits as well, we’ve shared some of them here –
- They use GLONASS and GPS satellite systems, these allow the devices know their locations from satellite to perform functions properly plus return home safely.
- Both drones can be used for professional workflows since they offer flat video profiles, moreover, the
- available video resolution to film is 4K, 2.7K, FHD with the GoPro plus other cams of these devices.
- These two use a 3D sensing system that can recognize facial and object as well.
- Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Pro 2 feature 3-Axis Gimbal which ensures the camera motion is stabilized when it’s in use.
- They come with a-12 months warranty so that you can use them without worry.
When it comes to drones, the Mavic Air 2 and Pro 2 are two fantastic devices you can choose from. However, as you already know the best features that made the Air 2 better than Pro 2, but after knowing their similar features if you think the Pro 2 would be an ideal choice, you can go with this.
|Specifications||Mavic Air 2||Mavic Pro 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.9 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Max Flight Time||34 min||31 min|
|Comes with Battery||Yes||Yes|
|Go 4 App||Yes||Yes|
|CMOS||1/2″ CMOS||1” CMOS|
|Video||4K, 2.7K, FHD||4K, 2.7K, FHD|
|Max. Speed||42.5 mph (S-mode)||44 mph (S-mode)|
|Stabilization||3-Axis Gimbal||3-Axis Gimbal|
|Dimensions||7.4 x 3.8 x 3.3 in. (Folded)||8.4 × 3.6 × 3.3 in. (Folded)|
|Weight||20.1 oz||31.99 oz|
Differences and Similarities of Mavic Air 2 vs Mavic Pro 2
Ultra-Clear Details Camera
The Mavic Air 2 captures more impressive photos than the Pro 2 since it has a 48MP feature; besides, the Pro 2 includes a 20MP camera. Mavic Air 2 uses an incredible HDR video that performs a Quad Bayer image sensor.
While the Mavic Pro 2 features the Hasselblad L1D-20C camera, it offers natural color solution technology. The Pro 2 has a 20MP camera, and you can capture 20MP aerial shots with stunning detail.
In terms of the CMOS sensor, the Mavic Pro 2 is better since it has a 1-inch sensor, while the Mavic Air 2 includes a 1/2-inch sensor. So the Pro 2 can give you a larger area for better performance even in low-light environments.
Mavic Air 2 comes with this unique feature, while the Pro 2 misses the QuickShots. The QuickShots automatically can capture cinematic video clips that Pro 2 cannot do for you. The drone requires a few taps, and the Air 2 plans to fly for the complicated aerial route and ensure you get professional-quality shots. Furthermore, it let you add effects to the video, music, and you can filter it.
Mavic Air 2 supports the 8K Hyperlapse function; it allows you to warp the time plus space, especially for stunning footage. Additionally, to achieve amazing shots, you do not need to go through complex post-processing. It has four different modes, as Waypoint, Course Lock, Free, and Circle modes. Your job is only a select location, and the rest DJI Fly App will do for you.
Both feature the FocusTrack function, and effortlessly it gives the user professional-quality footage every time. It is effortless to use; moreover, it suits other intelligent tracking modes as well. These are Point of Interest 3.0, Active Track 3.0, and Spotlight 2.0, so now you can unleash your creativity with all the tracking modes you want.
Now you can see the whole picture with the HDR Panorama feature of Mavic Air 2. It is the DJI’s advanced mode and not available on Pro 2. The panorama captures perfect color photos with a higher dynamic range, and these are accurate.
Dimension and Weight
In terms of size and weight, these two are a little bit different. Mavic Air 2 weight is 21 lbs while the Pro 2 has 31 lbs, hence the Air 2 is effortless to carry. And the dimension of the Mavic Air 2 7.4 inches long, 3.8 inches wide, and 3.3 inches tall. Mavic Pro 2 is 3.3 inches tall, 8.4 inches long, and 3.6 inches wide. Fortunately, these two are foldable devices, and they won’t take much space to store.
Mavic Air 2 can fly up to 34 minutes, while the Mavic Pro 2 can fly for 31 minutes. Both have obstacle sensing in three different directions that improve safety. Anyway, the max speed of Air 2 is 42.5 mph; on the other side, the Pro 2 has 44 mph.
These two come with a remote as you can control the drones. Mavic Air 2 plus the Pro 2 is compatible with the Go 4 app, and the app helps you share photos instantly on social media and makes the drone simple to use.
You will get a few handy accessories with the Mavic Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro drone machine. When you unbox them, you will get an Intelligent Flight Battery, Battery Charger, Power Cable, Remote Controller, AC Power Cable, Spare Control Sticks, RC Cable (USB Type-C Connector), USB adapter, Manuals, Communication Cable (USB3. 0 Type-C). And the Mavic Air 2 also has 3x Low-Noise Propellers (Pair); it keeps the drone noiseless when in use to ensure you can use it anywhere you want.
Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Pro 2 provide a one-year warranty, and they will last for many years to come. If the drone has any manufacturing defects, the company will repair it within the warranty period.
These two drones are perfect for anyone seeking a drone device, and I suggest you select the Mavic Air 2. Since it has some convenient plus unique features that are missing in the Pro 2. It ensures you capture perfect images or videos than the Mavic Pro 2. So if you also love the Mavic Air 2, go with this one. Otherwise, the Mavic Pro 2 is also an excellent choice.
Frequently Asked Questions of Mavic Air 2 vs Mavic Pro 2
|Does Mavic Air 2 have waypoint mode?|
This device supports Waypoints as a sub-mode of the hyper-lapse, but the waypoint is not available in normal mode.
Can I charge the Mavic Pro 2 under 220v?
It comes with a standard US outlet, so it charges 120 volts. But if you travel outside the country, you’d need an adapter if that country does not support 120v.
How many feet does the Mavic Pro 2 can go?
The max allowable height is 400 ft, and it can travel about 5 miles from you but need to be kept in line of sight for safety.
Can I use Mavic Air 2 on windy days?
Yes, you can, as the drone will work fine in 20 mph winds.
Are they app compatible?
Yes, both of them are compatible with the APS3.0.
Here are other comparison articles that you can check