Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2 are incredible drones from the DJI, but some advanced features impressed me to recommend Mavic Air 2.
Why We Recommend Mavic air 2?
- Mavic Air 2 features a 48mp camera with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor that ensures impressive photo or video quality. Besides, the Mini 2 is built with a 12MP camera. However, with the improved camera of Air 2, you can click smooth and stunning photos.
- It can fly for 34 minutes while Mini 2 has 31 minutes of flying time. With its max battery life, this delivers you enough time for clicking perfect shots.
- The 3-axis gimbal offers the user 4k video at 60fps on the Air 2 which ensures smooth video and sharp photos even during high-speed motion. On the contrary, Mini 2 is built with 4k video at 30fps.
- Air 2 can fly safer since it combines three obstacle senses, including obstacle avoidance. The device can change its direction itself. Besides, the other one has one obstacle sense and doesn’t have an obstacle avoidance function, so it could be a hassle for you, as you need to change the direction when the device notifies you.
These are the improved features of Mavic Air 2 that make it better it better choice than mini 2, so if you are seeking the best one, this should be your consideration.
Similar Features: Mavic Mini 2 vs Mavic Air 2
- The max transmission distance of these drones is OcuSync 2.0, 6.2 mi, it allows your device to fly farther and see everything clearer.
- The wind resistance level of the Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2 is 5, and they can resist 29-38kph winds plus be able to take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters to ensure the footage you take is stable in a windy situation.
- They include the Panorama feature so that you can generate a panoramic instantly by selecting from a wide angle of 180-degree.
- The drones give a one-year limited warranty, hence, if your device has any issues, they will provide you free repair service.
You will find all these similar functions with Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2. But we suggest Air 2 because of its advanced features. If you still wanna pick Mini 2 then you can go with your choice.
Quick Comparison: DJI Mini 2 vs Mavic Air 2
|Specifications||Mavic Air 2||Mavic Mini 2|
|Buywithme’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Drone Dimension||71×31×33 in. (Folded)||55×32×22 in. (Folded)|
|Weight||20.10 oz.||8.78 oz.|
|Photography||1/2” CMOS, 48MP, JPEG/RAW||1/2.3″ CMOS, 12MP, JPEG/RAW|
|Max Flight Time||34 min||31 min|
|Video||4K/60 fps||4K/30 fps|
|Obstacle Sensing||Forward + Backward + Downward||Downward|
|Max. Speed||42.50 mph||35.79 mph|
|Wind Resistance||Level 5||Level 5|
|Stabilization||3-Axis Gimbal||3-Axis Gimbal|
|Comes with Battery||Yes||Yes|
Differences and Similarities between DJI mini 2 vs Mavic air 2
Mavic Air 2 is built with a 48mp camera resolution with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor. Besides, the Mini 2 has a 12mp camera with the same CMOS sensor.
Since the Air 2 comes with an upgraded camera, you can capture impressive photos with this. This will help to take your aerial photos to the next level compared to the Mini 2. Even if you zoom on an image, this will give support for a high megapixel.
However, both drones feature a 3-axis motorized gimbal that ensures you constantly take smooth photos.
Furthermore, the Air 2 and Mini 2 include built-in OcuSync 2.0 that supports up to 10km HD video transmission. Also, it allows the drones to fly farther plus see clearer.
Compared to the Mini 2, the Air 2 has better video quality. It can effortlessly record smooth video at 4K/60fps. The device also features a D-Cinelike flat color profile, and it will retain more information for the post-procession.
Mini 2, besides capturing video at 4k/30fps hence, the Air 2 would be a better choice.
Both drones may be small but these packs have tons of power to ensure your aerial photos are stunning. The DJI Mavic Air 2’s max battery life is 34 minutes which is enough time for you to click perfect shots.
The Mavic Mini 2, on the other hand, stays 31 minutes to get some fantastic capture with its max flight speed of 35.79 mph.
Additionally, these devices feature level 5 wind resistance to ensure your photos are stable in a windy environment.
Mavic Air 2 includes three directions of obstacle sensing, whereas the Mini 2 has one side. Air 2 has forward, backward, and downward sensing, while the Mini 2 has forward sensing only.
They have an auxiliary light that improves visibility. The Air 2 also features obstacle avoidance, which is ideal for you as you can push the limits of what is possible. And the device can change its way if it notices any obstacle.
Mavic Mini 2 doesn’t have obstacle avoidance, thus it’s a little bit of a hassle for the users. When the device finds any obstacle on its forward, this will notify you, and you need to change the direction to avoid any danger.
The drones are lightweight, they weigh as much as an apple that will fit in the palm of your hand. The compact plus convenient design makes them travel-friendly.
The dimension of the Mavic Air 2 is 71×31×33 inches when folded and it’s 20.10 oz. In contrast, the Mini 2 is 55×32×22 inches when it is folded plus the weight is 8.78 oz.
If you need a very compact drone, the Mini 2 could be your best pick.
DJI Fly App & Remote
The drones are compatible with the DJI Fly App, making controlling the devices very convenient. You can control the device right from your smartphone.
It also allows you to edit photos instantly plus share them on social media.
They provide a remote control as well, the remote can stay for 240 minutes. It is designed with a new clamp so that you keep your smartphone on this.
They support Hyperlapse in 8k, it allows the drone to warp space and time as well for stunning footage.
Both featured with FocusTrack which helps you effortlessly take professional-quality footage. The devices are built with Spotlight 2, Active Track 3, and Point of Interest 3 to ensure you unleash your creativity.
Generally, the DJI provides a one-year limited warranty when you purchase a drone device. They will cover any manufacturer issues but if you damage the device due to overuse. Or if you broke any parts, the warranty will not count.
The Mavic Air 2 has some improvements over the Mavic Mini 2. It’s such a powerhouse for aerial photography. That’s why we strongly recommend Air 2 for you. But if you are okay without these improvements, the Mini 2 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mavic Air 2 vs Mini 2
|What is their wind resistance level?|
Mavic Air 2 and Mini 2 level 5 wind resistance level so that you can take stable images.
Do they have the app?
Both are featured with the DJI Fly App, allowing you to control devices easily from your smartphone.
Do they do active track?
You will find the active track on the Mavic Air 2, but the Mini 2 doesn’t have an active track.
Do they assure a warranty?
Yes, they come with a limited one-year warranty from the day you purchase them.
Read more related articles from the below links –