You may get confused to choose the best one between Megaboom and Megaboom 3 as they look the same. If you want an upgraded speaker then you should go for Megaboom 3.
Why You Should Pick Megaboom 3?
- Megaboom 3 comes with a Bluetooth range of 150-ft, whereas the other one comes with a range of 100-ft. You will get decent flexibility while using the Megaboom 3.
- This device features a magic button that can be used for accessing the device with a single button. Megaboom doesn’t have a magic button.
- The Megaboom 3 has a lower frequency of 60Hz. This device will deliver you a better and deep bass than the other one as Megaboom has a lower frequency of 65Hz.
- This Bluetooth speaker is waterproof with IP67 standards, while its rival is waterproof with IPx7 standards. IP67 rating is more durable and protects the device from water or even dust.
- There are 5 color variants of the Megaboom, including a Jungle grey variant. On the other hand, Megaboom has only single color variants of 4 different colors.
- You will be able to charge your Megaboom 3 with a wireless dock system. The other device doesn’t have this feature.
These are the unique specs that made the Megaboom 3 winner in this comparison. There won’t be any limitations while using this premium speaker.
Similarities between Megaboom & Megaboom 3
- Both the speakers come with a standard waterproof rating. So, no more worry about water or spills.
- The products are available in a variety of color options. So, you can choose your desired color.
- You can pair both the speakers with other speakers or devices easily.
- They have a bungee hanger for carrying purposes.
You will get these similar functions with both Bluetooth speakers. But if you want the best sound quality with improved features then you have to pick Megaboom 3.
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Color||4 Variants Available||5 Variants Available|
|Frequency Rate||65Hz – 20 kHz||60Hz – 20 kHz|
|Product Dimension||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.75 inches|
|Product Weight||1.93 pounds||2 pounds|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery||1 Lithium-ion Battery|
|Battery Life||20 Hours||20 Hours|
|Waterproof||IPx7 rated||IP67 rated|
|Pair Speakers||150+ Boom 2/Megaboom||150+ Boom/Megaboom|
|Bluetooth range||100 ft||150 ft|
|Warranty||2-Year of Limited Warranty||2-Year of Limited Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between Megaboom & Megaboom 3
The Megaboom 3 is an updated version of the Megaboom, and they have an almost similar outlook. The speakers are covered with advanced water and stain-resistant acoustic skin. The 360-degree design will provide you the same performance from any orientation.
There are two large volume adjustment buttons on the front side of the speakers, and other controls are mounted on top of the speakers. The machines have a bungee hanger on the top so that you can conveniently hold them.
Battery & Variants
You will get a decent backup from the battery of the speakers. Both the devices will provide you 20 hours of backup with a single charge. The Megaboom 3 has a separate dock station available that can be used to charge the device wirelessly.
The speakers are available in different color variants. Megaboom is available in 4 different color variants. The other device, Megaboom 3, has five color variants, including a Jungle Grey variant that looks unique.
Sound & Bass
The speakers come with a very powerful sound and bass. You will get a rich deep bass with a powerful sound on the Megaboom. On the other hand, Megaboom 3 comes with a thundering bass that will be great for any party or outdoor purposes. Megaboom has a lower frequency range thus, you will get a better bass on this device.
If you want to pair your devices with other nearby speakers during a party, you can do that so by using the PartyUp feature. This feature allows you to pair your device with 150+ other Boom or Megaboom speakers. Pairing your speaker with such a large number of devices will surely provide you with a monstrous sound and bass. There is a dedicated app available to pair the devices. You will get the updates through the app.
You should not worry about playing these devices in any pool or beachside parties. They are completely water and splashproof. There are two big volume adjustment buttons on the front side of the devices, and other controls are positioned on top of the speakers. Megaboom 3 won’t get defective in any water or dust contact.
Durability & Warranty
The speakers are built with premium components, and they will give you a long service for sure. The waterproof rating & the acoustic skin will protect you in any extreme environment. You are okay to use them at any party or occasion. Ultimate Ears will provide you with a 2-year of warranty for the speakers.
Both of the products are great for music. They will deliver you a natural sound and a strong bass. UE Megaboom 3 is the better one because of the IP67 rating and the updated features. Megaboom can be an option for you if you prefer only the sounds.
Frequently Asked Questions about Megaboom & Megaboom 3
|Does the Megaboom 3 have a speakerphone?
Unfortunately No. The speakerphone is available on the Blast/Megablast of UE.
Are they compatible with Samsung devices?
Sure. They are compatible with almost all smartphones.
Is Megaboom 3 suitable for the beach?
Yes. Pair them with PartyUp for better performance.
Can I turn the speaker on through the app?
Yes, you can. You can even modify the EQ by the app.
Is it possible to check the battery’s health?
The battery health can be checked through the app.
Read more articles from the below links.