Microsoft Surface pro 6 and 7 are top-rated tablets, but I recommend you choose Microsoft Surface Pro 7.
See the reason of my recommendation-
- Surface Pro 7 shares 10th generation intel core i5 processor while Surface Pro 6 shares 8th generation intel core i5 processor. The 10th generation processor is faster than the Surface Pro 6. It offers more thread, improving the efficiency and providing a fantastic gaming experience.
- Both have 16GB RAM, but the Pro 7 includes LPDDR4x RAM, which is newer, also makes the device faster compared to the Pro 6.
- This device supports Bluetooth 5.0 technology and the other one has Bluetooth 4.1 technology. With Bluetooth 5.0 technology, you will get higher bandwidth, longer range, transfer faster than 4.1 technology and save battery power.
- It weighs 770g, besides Surface pro 6 weight is 775g. There is little difference in their weight, but Surface Pro 7 would be the best choice if you want a portable laptop.
- This device has a touch autofocus system that sets the subject automatically by just touching on the screen. On the other hand, the Surface Pro 6 does not have this feature.
These features made the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 the best in this comparison. So, go for this laptop.
- Both devices have 16 GB ram. Those are used to save all data and machine code.
- Their screen size is 12.3 inches. A bigger screen gives the user better experiences.
- They have a stereo speaker that allows creating a richer sound and better experiences.
- Both devices have battery level indicators. It warns you whenever the battery gets low.
|Specification||Microsoft Surface Pro 6||Microsoft Surface Pro 7|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.84 out of 5|
|Dimension||11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches||11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches|
|Battery Life||13.5 hours||10.5 hours|
|Processor||intel core 8th generation processor||intel core 10th generation processor|
|Graphics card||Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (i5)
Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (i7)
|Intel® UHD Graphics (i3)
Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics (i5, i7)
|Sensor||Ambient light sensor
|Ambient light sensor
|It has a battery level indicator||Yes||Yes|
|It has a stereo speaker||Yes||Yes|
|Screen size||13.2 inches||13.2 inches|
|weight||2 pounds||1.7 pounds|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences between Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and 7
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and 7 both have excellent design and build with silver-gray magnesium formed. These devices look like solid chunks of glass and metal. They have the same height and thickness. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 has a detachable keyboard that makes the device lighter and allows you to switch easily between laptop and tablet mode.
Both device screen sizes are 13.2 inches and 3:2 aspect ratio, their screen resolution is 2736 x 1824. The screen uses Microsoft’s latest pixel lenses technology, which creates a very thin panel for pictures and a fingertip system. They have a touchscreen feature. Surface Pro 6 has an anti-reflection coating that is useful for decreasing the reflection from your device.
Surface pro 7 improved its connectivity over the prior generation. Both have come with the Same USB-A port and Surface connect ports. The Surface Pro 6 has a mini display port for USB-C connectivity.
There are big differences between the two models. The Surface Pro 6 includes the 8th generation intel core processor besides Surface Pro 7, which includes the 10th generation intel core processor. CPU is faster with intel iris pro graphics that rival entry-level discrete graphics in performances. The Surface Pro 7 does not use a gaming laptop, but it can handle casual games. In this section, Surface pro 7 gives better performance than Surface Pro 6.
Storage and memory
They have some differences in storage. Surface Pro 6 comes with four solid-state driver options. The smallest of 128GB storage, but you can extend it to 256GB,512GB, or even 1TB. You can also increase RAM from a base of 4GB,8GB, or 16GB. On the Other side, Microsoft Surface Pro 7 provides only 8GB or 16GB Ram. It provides 256GB storage only.
Surface Pro 6 provides longer battery life than Surface Pro 7. This device offers 13.5 hours of video playback, while Surface Pro 7 gives 10.5 hours of typical device usage. Both devices have a battery level indicator so, if the battery gets low, the device warns you. These batteries are rechargeable, and you can charge them and use them again.
Both devices have the same 8 megapixels as the main camera; it mainly describes the resolution of images with the main camera. Surface Pro 7 has a built-in HDR mode; it can take pictures automatically with a dynamic range. Besides, the Surface Pro 6 does not have this feature.
Both devices come with soma accessories that enhance the capability of the device. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 comes with- Surface Pro 6, power supply, quick start guide, safety, and warranty document. On the other side, Surface Pro 7 comes with- Surface Pro 7, a quick start guide, and a warranty document.
Both devices are suitable for work purposes, but I strongly suggest choosing Microsoft Surface Pro 7. It gives you faster performance compared to the Pro 6, so you should consider this tablet. But if you are under budget then choose the Pro 6 instead!
Frequently question asked about Surface pro 6 VS 7
Does this come with a pen?
Surface Pro 7 does not come with a pen, but Surface Pro 6 comes with a pen.
Can we use a type C port for charging the Surface pro 7?
Yes, you can use a Type-C port for charging Surface Pro 7.
Does it come with a keyboard?
Surface Pro 7 does not come with an external keyboard, but it does have a pop-up keyboard that you can use with the touch screen.
Is this the matte black version of the Surface Pro 6, and does it include the platinum type cover?
If you select the Black version, the black Type Cover looks excellent with the tablet. I have to say that this is a superior keyboard; I did not have to make any adjustments with my entry. Do your research, and you can find bundling deals with Type Cover and Pen included. I didn’t think I would use the Pen, but I am using more than my mouse or mouse pad!
You may have interest in –