Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 bikes are two excellent recumbent bikes that will help you stay fit. They share almost the same features, but I recommend you check out their differences to make your purchase decision easier.
What Are the Differences Between Nautilus R618 vs Schwinn 270?
|Nautilus R618||Schwinn 270|
|Nautilus R618’s max user capacity is 325 lbs.||Schwinn 270’s max user capacity is 300 lbs.|
|The R618 provides a chest strap.||The 270 doesn’t offer a chest strap.|
|It has a gel seat feature.||It has no gel seat feature.|
|Check Nautilus Price at Amazon||Check Schwinn Price at Amazon|
Why Should You Pick the Nautilus R618?
- Its maximum user weight capacity is 325 lbs, while the Schwinn 270’s capacity is 300 lbs. Both bikes are perfect for heavy people, but the Nautilus R618 is safer than its competitor, so you can go with this.
- Nautilus bike includes a chest strap so that you will get an accurate heart rate during each workout session. In contrast, Schwinn also has an HR feature but doesn’t offer a chest strap. You have to purchase a strap separately.
- This bike gives a comfortable ride since it is built with a padded Dynamic Recline Nautilus Gel seat. You can easily adjust the seat for your back support, and it won’t hurt your back. In contrast, the Schwinn seat is not comfortable, plus it can cause severe back pain.
- They have a dual backlit LCD screen, but Nautilus will always show your workout progress when in use. In comparison, the Schwinn screen will show workout stats when you touch it. Also, the streaks lines will disappear within a minute, which is weird.
Nautilus R618 is a great bike for serious cyclists. It operates seamlessly plus includes more quality features than its rival. So, if you want to improve your physical fitness at home, you should invest in the Nautilus R618 bike.
- They have 29 customizable workout programs and 25 resistance levels. Hence you can choose the exercise you want. Also, switching between different resistance levels is very easy on these bikes.
- Both of them have a built-in media rack and a water bottle holder. Furthermore, they have a speaker, including a USB port. So, you can keep your device to it or listen to music on the bike during the workout sessions.
- Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 combine with famous app tools, such as MyFitnessPal and Explore the World. These apps have tons of free exercise tutorials that will help you to reduce weight soon.
Other Specifications Chart of Nautilus R618 vs Schwinn 270
|Specifications||Nautilus R618||Schwinn 270|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||67.3″ L x 26.4″ W x 48.8″ H||13″ L x 67″ W x 27″ H|
|Heart Rate||Contact & Telemetry Enabled||Contact & Telemetry Enabled|
|Display||Dual Blue Backlit LCD||Dual Blue Backlit LCD|
|User Profile||4 Profiles||4 Profiles|
|Built-In Bottle Holder||Yes||Yes|
|USB Charging Port||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||15 Years on the Frame||10 Years on the Frame|
Features and Benefits of Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270
Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 bikes run smoothly and quietly. You won’t hear the squeaks of the parts of these bikes. These are so quiet that you can watch TV while riding on the bike.
And you don’t need to increase the volume of your TV. Both bikes are almost silent when in use, so you can also use them at midnight.
They offer 29 customizable built-in workout programs so that you can choose the exercise from a variety of options. Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 have 25 resistant levels. The resistance levels can change from effortless to difficult easily on them.
When it comes to the user profile, Nautilus and Schwinn let you create up to 4 user profiles. So, your family members can also use these bikes. Additionally, these machines will track workout data for each user.
Therefore, you can track the distance, speed, how many calories you burn to everything in between.
Nautilus R618 has the maximum weight capacity compared to the Schwinn 270. This bike can load up to 325 lbs, whereas Schwinn’s max load capacity is 300 lbs.
Both of them are perfect for heavy people. Since Nautilus has slightly more load capacity, it will be safer for you. However, people who are 4ft 11 inches or more than 6ft will easily fit on these bikes.
Display and App Feature
These exercise bikes are equipped with a dual backlit LCD screen. It will show you your heart rate and your workout stats. And you can explore the app via the screen easily. In addition, Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 bikes have Bluetooth features, and thus you can connect to the app.
The apps have tons of free exercise video tutorials. Moreover, you can also choose your route and share it virtually with others instantly.
Anyhow, once you choose your favorite workout, the app will track your session. Also, it will help you to adjust the speed automatically.
These exercise bikes are compatible with Explore the World, MyFitnessPal, and other famous apps.
Easy to Assemble
Nautilus R618 and Schwinn 270 bikes are easier to assemble. This may take one or two hours to assemble them fully. These machines include a manual on how you can assemble them. Furthermore, these two include the tools you need.
In addition, you can move them effortlessly from one room to another because they have wheels on the front. You just need to lift the back part of the bike and move it!
Compared to the Schwinn 270, the Nautilus R618 seat is more comfortable to ride on. It is built with a gel-based pad that is also easier to adjust to support your back. You won’t have back pain after each workout since the Nautilus seat will fully support your back.
Schwinn 270 bike, by contrast, also has a padded seat, but its’ not comfortable. Moreover, the Schwinn seat is not adjustable and doesn’t support the back. That’s why you may feel back pain while riding on Schwinn.
While purchasing an exercise bike, you should consider the warranty. The Nautilus R618 offers 15 years warranty on the Frame and labor for one year, while other parts & electronics are warranted for three years.
Besides, the Schwinn 270 offers ten years warranty on its Frame 90-days on labor; parts have two years, while electronics are one year. These periods will cover any manufacturer defects.
Nautilus R618 is a comfortable, sturdy bike that is perfect for intense workouts and serious cyclists. However, if you still do not make up your mind, we highly recommend Nautilus R618 for you.
And if you are impressed with the Schwinn 270 features, go with this either. This is also built with quality features a bike should have.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nautilus R618 vs Schwinn 270
Can I move the Nautilus R618?
Yes, you can easily move the bike because it has wheels on the front, making it easier for you to move from one room to another.
What is the max weight limit for Nautilus and Schwinn?
The Nautilus R618 offers 325 pounds max weight capacity, while the Schwinn bike’s max limit is 300 pounds.
How is the Schwinn 270 for a 5.1-inches person?
This bike has an adjustable seat, so it is comfortable for a short or tall person to ride.
Does the Nautilus have a media rack?
Yes, this bike has a media rack and a bottle holder.
Do they make noise while riding?
Schwinn 270 and Nautilus R618 bikes are quiet and won’t disturb other people in your home.
Check other related articles from the below links –
- Schwinn IC3 vs. IC4
- Proform 440 ES vs. Schwinn 270
- Nautilus U616 vs Schwinn 170
- Schwinn AD6 vs. AD7
- Schwinn IC3 vs Peloton
- Schwinn IC2 vs. IC3
I'm Fahad Hasan author of Buywithme.org & I have been working in the fitness industry for the last 6 years, I'm dedicated to helping people to fix & choose fitness equipment. My greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help his readers to get the best equipment for their needs under their budget.
Click the below links to find him on social media
- Home Gym Machine2022.09.08Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2 – Check what makes Xtreme 2 Better!
- Air purifuer2022.08.31Dyson AM11 vs TP02 – What’s the main difference between them?
- Jacket2022.08.31Apex Bionic vs Apex Risor – Which one is Comfortable & Fittest?
- Nordictrack Bike2022.08.29NordicTrack S15i vs S22i – Check Why NordicTrack S22i is Best!