If you are looking for the best Espresso machine between Nespresso Pixie and Citiz, then choose the Citiz it will be the best option for you. Pixie is also a good Espresso machine but some extra features made the Citiz best.
Why Nespresso Citiz is Best?
- A huge water tank comes with the Citiz. It is much larger than the Pixie. It can take up to 34 ounces of water. And the Pixie can take only 24 ounces of water. So the Citiz takes much longer to finish the water. You are not getting water refilling hassle if you choose it.
- The Citiz comes with 100 cm of cable, and the Pixie cable is 80 cm. If you choose the Citiz, you can manage the machine in different places while it has a longer line than the Pixie. You may have trouble setting up the machine if you choose Pixie as it has a 20 cm shorter cable than the Citiz.
- The Capsule container capacity of Citiz is 11 capsules. And the Pixie container capacity is 10 capsules. More capsules allow you to serve more cups of Espresso. So Nespresso Citiz will be the best option for you.
- You are getting a premium warranty with Citiz, while it has 2 years of warranty. On the other hand, Nespresso Pixie has only a 1-year warranty. So you don’t have to pay extra for further problems with the Citiz Espresso machine.
The Nespresso Citiz is a heavier machine than the Pixie. A large water tank and other remarkable features made the Citiz best. The Pixie is also a good machine; you can choose it if you don’t need the features mentioned above.
Specifications Chart: Nespresso Pixie vs Citiz
|Specification||Nespresso Pixie||Nespresso Citiz|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Weight||6.6 pounds||8.9 pounds|
|Water tank||24 ounce||34 ounce|
|Power rating||1160 Watt||1710 Watt|
|Water tank type||Removable||Removable|
|Cable Length||80 cm||100 cm|
|Dimensions||12.8 x 4.3 x 9.2 in||14.7 x 8.6 x 10.8 in|
|Capsules container capacity||10 Mug capsules||11 Mug capsules|
|Pump Pressure||19 bar||19 bar|
|Automatic power time||9 mins||9 mins|
|Heat uptime||15 sec||15 sec|
|Warranty||1 year||2 year|
Differences & Similarities Between Nespresso Pixie vs Citiz
The Pixie is 6.6 lbs. And the Citiz is 8.9 lbs. We see the Citiz is more massive than the Pixie while it has many great features added. So it will be best for professional use. You can have the machine if you like the features.
Water tank capacity
The most important part of an Espresso machine is its water tank. If it is larger, it can serve you more Espressos. The Pixie’s water tank capacity is 24 ounces, and the Citiz’s Water capacity is 34 ounces. It is a great feature for home use.
In the power rating comparison, Pixie consumes less power than the Citiz. It consumes 1160 watts of current. And Citiz consumes 1710 watts of current. So in this feature, the Pixie can save some electricity.
The Dimensions of the Pixie Espresso machine are 12.8 x 4.3 x 9.2 in. And the Vertuoplus is 14.7 x 8.6 x 10.8 in. So The Citiz has a larger dimension than the Pixies.
The cable length of Citiz is 80 centimeters. And the Pixie is 100 centimeters. The Citiz will be best if you like to adjust the machine in different places, as it has a longer cable than the Pixie.
Capsules container capacity
The capacity of the Pixie capsule container can take 10 mug capsules. The Citiz capsule container is capable of 11 mugs. You have more capsule spaces in the Citiz than the Pixie.
Energy-saving mode and time
It is excellent that both of the machines have the Energy-saving option them. The power of these machines automatically goes down after 9 minutes. No way to worry about it if you forget to turn off the machine.
The features of these machines you are going to love. Both machines can heat up quickly; you will see the result in about 15-25 seconds. So you can have a faster service with these Espresso machines.
You will get one year of warranty for the Pixie machine. It is not so great. But you will get a warranty for two years if you choose Citiz. It has a double-time warranty as the Pixie that you will love to have.
Discussing and comparing all the features, I am going to suggest you buy the Nespresso Citiz. It has better options as well as a better warranty than the Pixie. The Pixie is also a good machine. It has a more fantastic version than the other Espresso machines. If you are satisfied with its feature, then you can have Pixie too.
Frequently Asked Questions of Nespresso Pixie and Citiz
|Can I use the Nespresso Pixie and Citiz for home use?
Yes, you can use it. Both will be best in your restaurant or home use. There are cool home features you’re going to love.
Is the espresso-making process easy with these machines?
Yes, it is much easier than handmade Espresso. Anyone can make a great Espresso with this machine.
Where can I store the Capsules?
It would help if you stored Capsules in a dry or cool place. Then the capsule will be suitable for next time use.
Can I add milk and other ingredients with Espresso?
Yes, you can add milk and other ingredients with Espresso.
How much would it take to make an Espresso with this machine?
About one minute to get an Espresso done.
Is there any problem if I leave the Espresso machine open?
There is no problem if you, unfortunately, leave the machine open. But for better service, you need to handle these Espresso machines with care.
Read more Espresso machine comparisons below.
- Nespresso Vertuo vs Vertuoplus
- Keurig k select vs k classic
- Keurig mini vs mini plus
- Nespresso Vertuoline vs Original
- Keurig k select vs k elite
- Nespresso Inissia vs Essenza Mini
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?