Nikon D3200 and D3300 SLR cameras work great for both photos as well as HD videos. But we recommend you pick the Nikon D3300.
Why You Should Pick the Nikon D3300?
- Nikon D3300 has a longer battery life that allows you to capture 700 shots on a charge. Whereas the D3200 gives you up to 540 shots, so you can confidently capture photos for an extended time on the D3300.
- It is combined with 5 fps, while the earlier version offers 4 fps. Therefore, the device lets you click stunning photos more quickly.
- The D3300 gives you clearer and sharper images with details in low light because it is built with a 12800 ISO Range. Besides, the D3200 has a 6400 range, that’s why it cannot deliver results like the later version.
- It has an ultra-compact design plus is lighter than its competitor since it weighs 0.95 lbs. In contrast, the D3200 is 1.11 lbs. Hence, you can more comfortably hold this device.
These quality features will take your photography to another level that’s why we highly suggest you pick this camera.
Similar Features of Nikon D3200 vs D3300
- They have a 24.2-megapixel image sensor which is the most powerful CMOS sensor for an SLR device. Hence, you can capture exceptional images with the D3200 or D3300.
- Both have an external microphone port; if you want to search for a device for vlogging, then either of them could be your best bet.
- Nikon D3200 and D3300 have fixed-type LCD screens.
Nikon D3200 vs D3300: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Nikon D3200||Nikon D3300|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||540 shots||700 shots|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||4 fps||5 fps|
|Weight||1.11 lbs||0.95 lbs|
|Size||4.92 x 3.03 x 3.78 inches||4.88 x 2.99 x 3.86 inches|
|Autofocus||11 focus points||11 focus points|
|Image Sensor||24.2 megapixel||24.2 megapixel|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Yes||Yes|
|Screen||LCD screen||LCD screen|
|Warranty||One Year||One Year|
Differences and Similarities Between the Nikon D3200 vs D3300
With the Nikon D3200 and D3300 cameras, it is fun to capture moments. They have a stunning 24.2 megapixel that gives you fast operation and will deliver you rich, sharp images even in the lower lights.
These two are integrated with the EXPEED 3 image-processing function, which has in-camera image filter effects. Additionally, they offer 11 focus points. So, the devices will automatically focus on certain areas. You can also manually add focus points while capturing images.
The ISO range makes sure you have clear photos even in low light with details. Here, the Nikon D3300 has a 12800 ISO, whereas the D3200 has a 6400 ISO. So, the D3300 can deliver you sharper, crisper, and more detailed pictures than the little one. Moreover, the D3300’s ISO lets the user always capture outstanding images, so you can think about this device.
Nikon D3300 can give you up to 700 shots of battery backup. On the other hand, the D3200 offers 540 images on a charge. Therefore, you can rely on the D3300 since you will get more shots out on a single charge.
These Nikon devices can also record awesome 1080p videos. Both have an external microphone port, and you can record video with sounds. The microphone port is a great thing because if you are searching for a device for vlogging, choose either of them.
Additionally, the device will input the fast-moving object in the video as the D3200 has 4fps whereas the D3300 has a 5fps continuous shooting speed.
Anyhow, both of them can record smooth yet sharp HD movies, and there’s no time limit for recording. So you can keep recording until the battery dies. In addition, the cameras have special effects too that can be applied.
These two are wifi-compatible SLR cameras so that you instantly can share images to your smartphone or other electronic devices within a matter of time. However, you need to purchase a wifi adapter to connect your device. Or either connect to wifi via the smartphone. But for that, you need to install the Nikon App, and then it will enable you to connect your camera.
Nikon D3200 and D3300 are compact and lightweight devices even when you will pair them with the lens. These devices are easier to carry, and also will fit in your hand.
Anyway, the measurement & weight of D3200 is 4.92 x 3.03 x 3.78 inches and 1.11 lbs. At the same time, the D3300 measures 4.88 x 2.99 x 3.86 inches while it weighs 0.95 lbs.
Nikon devices are built with high-end material to ensure durability. Furthermore, they provide a one-year limited warranty for USA users. This one-year period works for any manufacturer’s workmanship.
Hopefully, you understand why we mention the Nikon D3300 as the best. It has a longer battery life, better continuous shooting speed, ISO range, as well as being lightweight. Therefore, you can depend on this device with your eyes closed.
But if the Nikon D3300 doesn’t suit your budget, then choose the Nikon D3200 either. It has the same image sensor as its brother, plus other things in common. So, investing in this would also be worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3200 vs D3300
What comes with the Nikon D3200?
This will provide you a battery, charger, strap, USB cable, Eyepiece cap, lens caps, Audio Video Cable, and lens.
What is the zoom type on the Nikon D3200 device?
It is a DSLR camera; thus, it has an optical zoom.
Do the D3200 support wifi?
Yes, it supports wifi, but first, you have to download the Nikon App onto your smartphone to give the wifi access to your camera.
Does the Nikon D3300 have an external microphone jack?
Yes, the device combines with an external stereo 3.5mm jack.
How long is the D3300 battery life?
This DSRL can last for 700 shots on a charge.
Find out related articles here –
- Sony A6400 vs A7iii
- Canon M6 vs M50
- Nikon Z50 vs Canon M50
- Canon M50 vs M50 Mark ii
- Canon M6 Mark ii vs M50
- Canon Sl3 vs M50
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best