Why Pursue Nikon D3500?
- Its battery life is way better than the Nikon D3200. Nikon D3500 works for 1550 shots after getting a full charge while the other one works for only 540 shots after a single charge. Therefore, if it is more extended in terms of taking photos.
- Nikon D3500 has a larger viewfinder magnification than the Nikon D3200. The viewfinder magnification on Nikon D3500 is 0.56x, while Nikon D3200’s is 0.53x. You would get a viewfinder image larger in Nikon D3500 than the Nikon D3200’s.
- The maximum ISO of Nikon D3500 is 25,600, and D3200’s is 6,400. So, you get better photos in less light with Nikon D3500 rather than Nikon D3200.
- This Nikon D series camera comes with Bluetooth connectivity. On the other hand, Nikon D3200 does not come with Bluetooth connectivity. So, transferring images are quite more effortless with the Nikon D3500 than the Nikon D3200.
- Continuous shooting speed is better in Nikon D3500. It has 5 frames per second, while Nikon D3200 ‘s shooting speed is 4 frames per second. Nikon D3500 is definitely superior when it comes to continuous shooting speed.
- The Nikon D3500 is compatible with the smartphone remote, but Nikon D3200 is not. If you want to click a photo away from your camera, Nikon D3200 can not provide you this service through your smartphone.
- The weight of the Nikon D3200 is super bulkier than the Nikon D3500. Its weight is 505 grams, while D3500’s weight is 365 grams. That is why you get a lighter experience carrying a Nikon D3500 while taking photos.
These particular reasons make the Nikon D3500 a more appealing digital SLR camera than the Nikon D3200.
Similar Feature in Nikon D3200 and Nikon D3500
- They have an identical display size of 3”.
- Their display resolution is also the same 24.2 megapixels.
- These two have a similar number of focus points, 11.
- Nikon D3200 and D3500 have RAW support options.
- They also have the face detection focus.
- Both of them support UHS cards.
- Their lens mount compatibility is Nikon F.
- Both have a warranty of 1 year.
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Nikon D3200|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.76×3.82 inches||2.99×4.88×3.86 inches|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||540 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||4|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and similarity Between Nikon D3200 and Nikon D3500
Design and Display
Nikon cameras are renowned for their super slick design. Nikon D3500 and D3200 are perfect examples of them. They are incredibly user-friendly and give you a better experience in taking photos with their super flexible grips. They have different weights. Nikon D3500 is 365 grams, and D3200 505 grams.
They come in different sizes too. The Nikon D3500’s size is 4.88×2.76×3.82 inches, and Nikon D3200’s size is 2.99×4.88×3.86 inches.
These cameras come with a display of 3” size. It is a broad enough display to click and review photos. They do not come on touch screens. However, this is not a significant matter if you can make the best use of these LCD screens.
In terms of shooting performance, the Nikon D3500 undoubtedly gives the best result. It comes with a larger viewfinder magnification of 0.56x, while Nikon D3200’s viewfinder magnification is 0.53x not only that, the maximum ISO is also higher in the Nikon D3500.
Its max ISOis 25,600, which is a lot compared to Nikon D3200. Nikon d3200’s max ISO is only 6,400. In the matter of continuous shooting speed, Nikon D3500 wins this again. Nikon D3500’s continuous shooting speed is 5 fps, and Nikon D3200’s is 4 fps.
Among so many differences, they share the same number of focus points. Both have 11 automatic focus points. This helps to get a good picture of moving objects. For beginners, this number of focus points is enough to get a good photo.
The battery of the Nikon D3500 is longer lasting than the D3200’s battery. It runs up to 1550 shots. On the other hand, Nikon D3200 runs up to only 540 photos. Therefore, the Nikon D3500 will be with you in the long run, unlike the Nikon D3200.
They can capture the same quality videos. The video resolution in both of them is 1920×1080 pixels. It is an HD-quality video resolution. They can take video for up to 30 minutes without any interruption. That is a good feature comparing most beginner cameras.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
None of these cameras connects with a wireless connection except Nikon D3500 has Bluetooth connection eligibility. Bluetooth connection is not included in Nikon D3200. Nikon has the SnapBridge app for Android and iOS devices, which helps to transfer photos from cameras to devices quickly.
Nikon provides a 1-year warranty for both Nikon D3200 and D3500. This warranty takes care of any manufacturing defect and any necessity of replacement or repair for one year. But if you damage anything in the camera, they won’t repair it.
In general, the Nikon D3500 is more acceptable than the Nikon D3200. For its better shooting performance, better connectivity, lighter weight, and a long-lasting battery that you will not get in the Nikon D3200, so we suggest you get the Nikon D3500.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D3200 and D3500
|What is the video resolution of the Nikon D3500?|
The video resolution of the Nikon D3500 is 1080p.
Can you shoot videos with Nikon D3200?
Yes, you can shoot videos with Nikon D3200.
How many focus points are available in Nikon D3500?
There are 11 focus points on the Nikon D3500.
Does the Nikon D3200 have a tripod mount?
Yes, the Nikon D3200 does have a tripod mount.
Does Nikon D3500 have the raw photos option?
Yes, Nikon D3500 does have the raw photos option.
Learn more comparison articles about cameras from the below links –
- Sony a6000 vs a6100
- Sony a9ii vs a7riv
- Fuji XH1 vs XT3
- Sony a7rii vs a7iii
- Canon 80D vs M50
- Nikon D3400 vs D3500