Nikon D3300 vs D3400 – Which One is Best Camera Between Them?
Nikon D series’ two excellent cameras are Nikon D3300 and D3400. If you want to invest in one between these two, we suggest you go for the Nikon D3400.
Why We Suggest to Get Nikon D3400?
- The maximum ISO of the Nikon D3400 is 25,600, while Nikon D3300’s maximum ISO is 12,800. A higher ISO range provides the greatest photos even in low light situations.
- Nikon D3400 also comes with an excellent 13.9 dynamic range that allows having a more bright highlight and an extensive range of color details in photos. In contrast, Nikon D3300’s dynamic range is 12.8, which isn’t much adequate for impressive image quality.
- This D series digital SLR camera comes with a Bluetooth connection. So, you get a short-distance wireless connection to transfer photos from the camera with Nikon D3400. But this facility is not available in Nikon D3300.
- With Nikon D3400, you can capture almost 1200 photos with a single charge. On the other hand, Nikon D3300 can shoot 700 pictures in this duration.
- D3400 supports the smartphone remote feature that allows you to take photos without holding the camera or a self-portrait. In comparison, Nikon D3300 does not support this function.
- Lastly, Nikon D3400 is 40 grams lighter than the Nikon D3300. As a result, you can handle the camera precisely to capture photos comfortably. On the opposite, Nikon D3300 is a heavy-weight digital SLR camera, it may feel a little exhausting carrying the camera and capturing photos.
All these particular reasons make the Nikon D3400 a far better digital SLR camera than the Nikon D3300. To know further details about these two cameras.
Similar Features of Nikon D3300 vs D3400
- Their resolution is the same 24.2 megapixels that providing breathtaking image quality.
- They have 11 focus points that give precise focus, even during high-speed shooting and low-light situations.
- Their continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second. So, you can transform a moment of fast action into a magnificent photo series.
- Nikon offers a 1-year warranty for each of these.
Quick Comparison: Nikon D3300 vs D3400
|Specification||Nikon D3300||Nikon D3400|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.99×3.86 inches||2.99×4.88×3.86 inches|
|Battery Life||700 shots||1200 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.5 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarity Between Nikon D3300 vs D3400
Design and Display
Nikon D3400 and D3300 come in different weights. The weight of the Nikon D3300 is 430 grams, and Nikon D3400’s weight is 395 grams. The D3300 can be hard to carry around the time of shooting for a long time. However, they come in the same size. Their size is 2.99×4.88×3.86 inches.
Additionally, their displays are also the same. These two D series cameras’ display size is 3”. Certainly, they do not come with a touch screen option. Nikon did not include any touch screen option for most of their beginners’ cameras.
These two cameras have a dissimilar quality of shooting performance. They come in different color depths and divergent dynamic ranges. The color depth is better in Nikon D3400. It is 24.8 while, Nikon D3300’s color depth is 24.3.
Dynamic range is another crucial factor for good photography, which is also better in D3400. The dynamic range of the Nikon D3400 is 13.9, whereas Nikon D330’s dynamic range is12.8 only.
Another essential difference between these two is their maximum ISO. The maximum ISO makes photos better. Nikon D3400’s is 25,600, and Nikon D3300 is almost half of Nikon D3400’s. It is 12,800. Their continuous shooting speed is the same. It is 5 frames per second in both of them.
They come with 11 focus points. Eleven focus points are pretty okay to capture any moving objects. It may not be the best shot, but it will work if you can make use of all of them. But if you are focusing on capturing moving objects, you may look for another camera that is available with a lot more focus points.
Nikon D3400 comes with a powerful battery between these two cameras. It will serve you for almost 1200 shots with one single full charge. Nevertheless, Nikon D3300 can only serve you 700 photographs at one time with a single charge. Nikon D3400 wins in this feature without any doubt.
The video quality in the two of them is similar. Nikon D3400 and D3300 can record full HD videos. Both can record for 30 minutes at a time without any obtrusion. The video resolution of Nikon D3400 and D3300 is 1920×41080. You can easily start learning videography with these two.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
Nikon D3400 and D3300 are a little down in the connectivity section as none of these are capable of connecting to a WiFi connection. However, Nikon D3400 is capable of connecting to a Bluetooth connection, while Nikon D3300 is not.
Although, nothing to worry about because Nikon offers an Android and iOS device app for transferring images from cameras to a phone or PC. The app is called SnapBridge, which is available for all Nikon cameras.
The manufacturer gives a 1-year limited warranty for both Nikon D3300 and Nikon D3400. In this time duration, they cover manufacturer default along with repair or replacement.
If you want the best camera between these two, you should choose the Nikon D3400 for all the described reasons. Nikon D3300 can do better in some ways, such as viewfinder magnification or broader flash coverage. Still, ultimately Nikon D3400 is the best one for better shooting performance, max ISO, more color depth, and better dynamic range.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3300 vs D3400
|What is the focus type of Nikon D3400?
The focus type of Nikon D3400 is manual and auto.
What is the video capture resolution of the Nikon D3300?
The video capture resolution of the Nikon D3300 is 1920 1080 pixels.
What is the viewfinder type of Nikon D3400?
The viewfinder type of Nikon D3400 is optical.
Does the Nikon D3300 support UHS cards?
Yes, Nikon D3300 does support UHS cards.
Does Nikon D3400 come with a built-in wireless connection?
No, Nikon D3400 does not come with a built-in wireless connection.
Check related articles from the below links –