Why Get The Nikon D3400?
- The battery life is longer in Nikon D3400. It can capture almost 1200 photos with a single charge. On the other hand, Nikon D3300 can capture 700 pictures in this duration. The Nikon D3400 literally can take 500 more frames with its battery than the Nikon D3300.
- Nikon D3400 comes with a higher maximum ISO than the Nikon D3300. The maximum ISO of Nikon D3400 is 25,600, while Nikon D3300’s maximum ISO is 12,800. This demonstrates that you can get better photos with Nikon D3400 in low light than Nikon D3300.
- The color depth is one step ahead in Nikon D3400. Its color depth is 24.8. In comparison, Nikon D3300’s color depth is 24.3. Therefore when you capture a photo, you get better color contrast in Nikon D3400.
- Nikon D3400 also comes with a more excellent dynamic range than the Nikon D3300. Nikon D3400’s dynamic range is 13.9. In contrast, Nikon D3300’s dynamic range is 12.8. That allows having a more bright highlight and an extensive range of color details in photos taken by Nikon D3400. However, Nikon D3300’s images can not be that much adequate.
- This D series digital SLR camera comes with a Bluetooth connection. That is not available in Nikon D3300. So, you get a short-distance wireless connection to transfer photos from the camera with Nikon D3400.
- Nikon D3400 supports the smartphone remote feature. In comparison, the Nikon D3300 does not support this. Therefore, if you want to take photos without holding the camera or a self-portrait, then Nikon D3400 is your camera.
- Last but not least Nikon D3300 is a heavy-weight digital SLR camera. It may feel a little exhausting carrying the camera and capturing photos. On the opposite, the Nikon D3400 is 40 grams lighter than the Nikon D3400. You can easily carry it with you and take pictures.
All these particular reasons make the Nikon D3400 a far better digital SLR camera than the Nikon D3300. To know further details about these two cameras, click the buttons below.
Similar Features in Nikon D3300 and Nikon D3400
- These two cameras’ display size is 3”.
- They have 11 focus points.
- Their resolution is the same 24.2 megapixels.
- Both have the raw support feature.
- They also arrive with a face detection feature.
- Nikon D3300 and D3400 support UHS cards.
- They are compatible with Nikon F lens mounting.
- Their continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second.
- Nikon offers a 1-year warranty for each of these.
|Specification||Nikon D3300||Nikon D3400|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.99×3.86 inches||2.99×4.88×3.86 inches|
|Battery Life||700 shots||1200 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.5 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity Between Nikon D3300 and Nikon D3400
Design and Display
Nikon D3400 and D3300 come in different weights. The weight of Nikon D3300 is 430 grams, and Nikon D3400’s weight is 395 grams. The D3300 can be hard to carry around in the time of shooting for a long time. However, they come in the same size. Their size is 2.99×4.88×3.86 inches.
Additionally, their displays are also the same. These two D series cameras’ display size is 3”. Certainly, they do not come with a touch screen option. Nikon did not include any touch screen option for most of their beginners’ cameras.
These two cameras have a dissimilar quality of shooting performance. They come in different color depths and divergent dynamic ranges. The color depth is better in Nikon D3400. It is 24.8 while, Nikon D3300’s color depth is 24.3. Dynamic range is another crucial factor for good photography, which is also better in D3400. The dynamic range of the Nikon D3400 is 13.9, where Nikon D330’s dynamic range is12.8 only.
Another essential difference between these two is its maximum ISO. The maximum ISO makes photos better. Nikon D3400’s is 25,600, and Nikon D3300 is almost half of Nikon D3400’s. It is 12,800. Their continuous shooting speed is the same. It is 5 frames per second in both of them.
They come with 11 focus points. Eleven focus points are pretty okay to capture any moving objects. It may not be the best shot, but it will work if you can make use of all of them. But if you are focusing on capturing moving objects, you may look for another camera that is available with a lot more focus points.
Nikon D3400 comes with a powerful battery between these two cameras. It will serve you for almost 1200 shots with one single full charge. Nevertheless, Nikon D3300 can only serve you 700 photographs at one time with a single charge. Nikon D3400 wins in this feature without any doubt.
The video quality in the two of them is similar. Nikon D3400 and D3300 can record full HD videos. Both can record for 30 minutes at a time without any obtrusion. The video resolution of Nikon D3400 and D3300 is 1920×41080. You can easily start learning videography with these two.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
Nikon D3400 and D3300 are a little down in the connectivity section as none of these are capable of connecting to a WiFi connection. However, Nikon D3400 is capable of connecting to a Bluetooth connection, while Nikon D3300 is not. Although, nothing to worry about because Nikon offers an Android and iOS device app for transferring images from cameras to a phone or PC. The app is called SnapBridge, which is available for all Nikon cameras.
The manufacturer gives a 1-year limited warranty for both Nikon D3300 and Nikon D3400. In this time duration, they cover manufacturer default along with repair or replacement.
If you want the best camera between these two, you should choose the Nikon D3400 for all the described reasons. Nikon D3300 can do better in some ways, such as viewfinder magnification or broader flash coverage. Still, ultimately Nikon D3400 is the best one for better shooting performance, max ISO, more color depth, and better dynamic range.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D3300 and D3400
|What is the focus type of Nikon D3400?|
The focus type of Nikon D3400 is manual and auto.
What is the video capture resolution of the Nikon D3300?
The video capture resolution of the Nikon D3300 is 1920 1080 pixels.
What is the viewfinder type of Nikon D3400?
The viewfinder type of Nikon D3400 is optical.
Does the Nikon D3300 support UHS cards?
Yes, Nikon D3300 does support UHS cards.
Does Nikon D3400 come with a built-in wireless connection?
No, Nikon D3400 does not come with a built-in wireless connection.
Check related articles from the below links –
- Nikon D5300 vs D5600
- Sony a7 vs a7r
- Sony a7riii vs a7riv
- Sony a9 vs a7iii
- Fuji XT2 vs XT3
- Nikon D3400 and D5600