Why Should You Choose The Nikon D3500?
- Nikon D3500 has stronger battery power than the Nikon D3300. It is eligible for working up to 1550 shots, while Nikon D3300 serves for only 700 pictures. So, you can cover a more extended event with Nikon D3500.
- The maximum ISO is twice more extensive in Nikon D3500 than the Nikon D3300. Its maximum ISO is 25,600. On the other hand, the maximum ISO on the Nikon D3300 is 12,800. Therefore in low light Nikon D3500 will accompany you with a good picture rather than the Nikon D3300.
- The Nikon D3500 is compatible with Bluetooth connectivity. In contrast, Nikon D3300 does not support a Bluetooth connection. That makes the Nikon D3500 an easy device to transfer images to your phone or personal computer.
- This camera is open to remote-controlled smartphones since it supports smartphone remotes. Therefore, it is easier to manage your camera with a phone and get pretty good photos. The Nikon D3300 does not arrive with a smartphone remote option.
- Nikon D3300 is a heavy camera. Its weight is 430 grams. However, the Nikon D3300’s weight is only 365 grams. So, it is a lot less bulky than the Nikon D3300. You can experience photography in a lightweight digital SLR camera with the Nikon D3500.
These are the features that make Nikon D3500 a remarkable digital SLR camera. Press the buttons below to know these two cameras’ price range.
Similar Feature in Nikon D3300 and Nikon D3500
- Their display size is 3”.
- The resolution in these two cameras is 24 megapixels.
- They also share the same number of focus points, 11.
- Both cameras have raw support features.
- Also, they come with a face detection option.
- They are compatible with Nikon F lens mounting.
- Both support UHS cards.
- Their continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second.
- You get one year of warranty with both of these cameras.
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Nikon D3300|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.76×3.82 inches||4.88×2.99×3.86 inches|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||700 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarities Between Nikon D3300 and D3500
Nikon D3500 is better at shooting photos since it has a higher maximum ISO. The maximum ISO in D3500 is 25,600. It helps you get more exemplary images in the dark. Nikon D3300’s maximum ISO is 12,800. Almost half of the Nikon D3500’s. So, it could be a bit tricky capturing a photo in the dark with a Nikon D3300. Apart from all the differences, they have the same continuous shooting speed. Their continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second.
Nikon D3500 is well known for its more extended battery power. Nikon D3500 can shoot 1550 without any disturbance, while Nikon D3300 only stays with you only for 700 shots. So, if it is a long event to capture photos, you would get the Nikon D3500 with your side.
Design and Display
These two Nikon D series cameras come in different weights and sizes. D3500’s weight is 365 grams, while Nikon’s D3300’s weight is 430 grams. Their size is 4.88×2.99×3.86 inches for Nikon D3300 and 4.88×2.76×3.82 inches for Nikon D3500. Nikon D3500 is lighter in weight, so it is easy to carry and use.
Their display size is the same. It is 3” wide. It is comfortable to use. These LSD screens are not touch screens. It may seem like a lack of features, but it is generally not a big deal.
Video and Focus Points
These two Nikon D series cameras can give you good service on beginners’ videography since Nikon D3300 and D3500 capture Full HD videos. Their video resolution is 1920*1080 pixels. They can record up to 30 minutes at one time.
When it comes to clicking moving objects, they both show the same result as they have the same number of focus points. Nikon D3300 and D3500 have 11 autofocus points. They perform pretty well when they capture moving objects.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
Nikon D3500 can connect to a Bluetooth connection, while Nikon D3300 can not. They can transfer images through the SnapBridge app to Android and iOS devices. None of them connects to a WiFi connection.
Nikon offers one year warranty on all their cameras. They cover any manufacturer default, repair, or replacement if you need during this time.
In the end, it is up to you what you are choosing for you. In some cases, Nikon D3300 could be better than the Nikon D3500. Such as in the matter of viewfinder magnification and flash coverage. However, ultimately Nikon D3500 is more appealing because of its more exemplary good battery power, maximum ISO, better connectivity, and lighter weight.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3300 and D3500
|What is the max ISO of Nikon D3500?|
The max ISO of Nikon D3500 is 25,600.
Does Nikon D3300 have a mic input?
Yes, Nikon D3300 does have a microphone port.
Is the Nikon D3500’s continuous shooting speed higher than the Nikon D3300?
No, They have the same continuous shooting speed of 5 frames per second.
Does Nikon D3300 arrive along with a battery and charger?
Yes, Nikon D3300 does arrive along with a battery and charger.
What is the viewfinder type of Nikon D3500?
The Nikon D3500’s viewfinder type is an optical one.
Read more camera comparison here.
- Fujifilm xt3 vs xt30
- Nikon d750 vs d850
- Canon R5 vs Sony a7RIV
- Sony a7 vs a7S
- Sony Nex 7 vs a6000
- Canon T100 vs T7