It may seem that Nikon D3400 and D3500 are two similar digital SLR cameras. But some advanced features made Nikon D3500 better than the other one.
Which Features Made Nikon D3500 Better?
- Nikon D3500 has an advanced Auto Mode that delivers stunning results in nearly any condition. Even, you can learn while you shoot, just turn on Guide Mode and follow simple on-screen guidance. But Nikon D3400’s Auto Mode doesn’t work like this way.
- Both cameras can capture 1080/60p Full HD video. Thus, D3500 includes a Live View lever that helps to shoot video instantly and effortlessly. In contrast, D3400 doesn’t have this button.
- The grip of the Nikon D3500 is more sustainable and comfortable than Nikon D3400. Therefore, the grip makes Nikon D3500 easy to handle and ensures ultimate convenience while using long with dense lenses. In comparison, Nikon D3400 does not have this good grip on it.
- The battery life of the Nikon D3500 is far better than the Nikon D3400. It can run up to 1550 shots after a full charge. In comparison, Nikon D3400 can run for only 1200 shots after getting a full charge. So, you get more time to capture with Nikon D3500.
- These two digital SLR cameras are different in weight. Nikon D3500 is 30 grams less weight than the Nikon D3400. That means it is more user-friendly, easier to carry and click than Nikon D3400.
These few but strong reasons make Nikon D3500 a more satisfactory option than the Nikon D3400. I hope this will help you to find the best camera for you.
Similar Features in Nikon D3400 and D3500
- Nikon D3400 and D3500 have 11 focus points that lock onto your subject and keeps it in focus to capture amazing shot after shot.
- Both Nikon cameras’ viewfinder magnification is 0.56x. As a result, you will get a sharp, glare-free view of the world.
- Nikon D3400 and D3500 support Bluetooth. So, sharing photos or albums will be fun and easy.
- These two also arrive with a face detection focus option, which quickly acquires your subject and provides precise results.
- Their continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second. Thus, they will transform a moment of fast action into a thrilling photo sequence.
- The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty for both of them.
If you are impressed with these similar functions then you can pick any of these two cameras. Otherwise, you have to choose Nikon D3500 to enjoy the best quality and performance with improved features.
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Nikon D3400|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.76×3.82 inches||2.99×4.88×3.86 inches|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||1200 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity Between Nikon D3400 and Nikon D3500
Nikon put on the best design in these two beginner digital SLR cameras. Both of these have a user-friendly weight. Nikon D3400 is almost 400 grams, and Nikon D3500 is 365 grams in weight. So, Nikon D3500 is lighter and handier.
They have different sizes, D3400 is 2.99×4.88×3.86 inches in size, and D3500 is 4.88×2.76×3.82 inches. The D3500 comes with a more sustainable grip so that you can carry heavy lenses easily with this.
Their shooting performance is perfect as a beginner’s camera. They provide a premium continuous shooting feature. Their constant shooting speed is 5 frames per second. While most beginners’ digital SLR cameras offer only three frames per second in this feature.
These two share the same number of focus points. Each of them comes with 11 focus points. So when it is about getting a good capture of moving objects, both come with a similar result. Eleven focus points are quite a good catch in beginners’ cameras.
Nikon D3400 and D3500 show up with one lithium-ion battery. But their capacity is different. Nikon D3400 only stays with you for 1200 shots at a time, while Nikon D3500 stays up to 1500 shots. That means Nikon D3500 stays longer with you when it is about capturing photos.
They have an identical display of size 3 inches. This ensures that you get almost the same viewing quality in these two digital SLR cameras of Nikon. These LCD screens are not touch screens. It is not a negative side if you can use it the best.
D3400 and D3500 can shoot videos for almost half an hour without any problem. They are capable of capturing full HD quality videos. Their video clips are 1920×1080 pixels. For occasional videography, this would be more than enough.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
There is no built-in wireless connection between Nikon D3400 and Nikon D3500. They only support Bluetooth connections. To have your photos easily on your iOS or Android device, Nikon has an app called SnapBridge. With this, you can share your pictures on your phone super easily.
D3400 and D3500 come with a one-year warranty. Nikon gives you back up for any manufacturer defect for a whole year. The manufacturer company holds the right to replace or repair the camera at this time duration.
For a new start in photography, these two are the best cameras. You will obtain everything that you are looking for in the cameras for the beginning of photography. They have the perfect focus points, enough megapixel sensors, and an appropriate display for this.
However, ultimately Nikon D3500 is the more exemplary camera between these two as it has better battery capacity, more outstanding grip, and lighter weight than the Nikon D3400.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3400 and Nikon D3500
|Does the Nikon D3500 come with the option of a raw photo?|
Yes, Nikon D3500 does come with the option of a raw photo.
What is the video capture resolution of the Nikon D3400?
The video capture resolution of the Nikon D3400 is Full HD 1920×1080 pixels.
What is the viewfinder type of Nikon D3500?
The viewfinder is an optical type in Nikon D3500.
Does the Nikon D3400 connect with the Macbook?
Yes, with a USB cable, you can attach a Nikon D3400 with a Macbook.
Does Nikon D3500 come with a disc?
Yes, this digital SLR camera does come with a disc.
Read more articles from the below links –