Why do we suggest the D5600?
- The screen of this camera is a premium quality screen as it is a touch screen. On the other hand, Nikon D3400’s screen is not a touch screen. It can be a little more tricky using Nikon D3400 than the Nikon D5600.
- It has 39 focus points, while Nikon D3400 has only 11 focus points. So, Nikon D5600 gives you the best result of capturing a moving object rather than the Nikon D3400.
- Nikon D5600 has a wider display than the Nikon D3400. The display size in Nikon D5600 is 3.2” on contrast, display size in D3400 is 3”. Therefore, while using the camera, you get a broader view of the screen with Nikon D5600.
- This camera comes with is a microphone port. That means you can attach an external microphone to it. This feature helps you get super professional videos with your camera. Nikon D3400 does not have any such part.
- Nikon D5600 also comes with a timelapse feature. With this feature, you can experiment with time-lapse photography. But the other one does not combine with this feature.
- Its flash coverage is 12.0m, while Nikon D3400’s flash coverage is 7.0m. The flash coverage in Nikon D5600 is better than the Nikon D3400. It gives you extended coverage in a flash than the Nikon D3400.
- The Nikon D5600 comes with built-in wireless connectivity, while Nikon D3400 does not come with this, and it only supports Bluetooth connectivity.
These unique features make Nikon D5600 a better camera than the Nikon D3400. The Nikon D5600 will give you the most satisfactory photography experience.
Similar Features in Nikon D3400 and D5600
- They have an exact resolution of 24.2 megapixels.
- Both connect with a smartphone remote.
- Nikon D3400 and D5600 come with a face detection feature.
- They are compatible with Nikon F mounting.
- Both have the same continuous shooting speed of 5 fps.
- The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty for each of them.
|Specification||Nikon D3400||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Dimension||2.99×4.88×3.86 inches||12.9x6x8.9 inches|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 Mp|
|Battery Life||1200 shots||820 shots|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity between Nikon D3400 and Nikon D5600
Nikon D3400 and D5600 come with a sleek design. However, they come in different weights. The weight of Nikon D3400 is 395 grams, and Nikon D5600’s is 465 grams. It may seem that the Nikon D5600 is slightly heavier, but it does not make much of a difference. The size of the Nikon D5600 is 12.9x6x8.9 inches, and Nikon D3400’s is 2.99×4.88×3.86 inches. Both are very easy to handle.
In shooting performance, the Nikon D5600 is undoubtedly better than Nikon D3400. Their continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second. Comparatively, it is a better constant shooting speed among most beginner’s digital SLR cameras.
Nikon D5600 has so many focus points, unlike Nikon D3400. It has 39 focus points on the camera. So, you get the best moving object picture with it. Nikon D3400 only has 11 focus points. It can capture moving objects but not as well as the Nikon D5600.
If you are considering focusing on battery life, you can think of Nikon D3400 as your camera. Its battery life is comparatively better than the Nikon D5600. It will accompany you for 1200 shots after a full charge. However, D5600 will only be with you for 820 photos. So, you get a longer running time with the Nikon D3400.
Displays are an essential feature in Digital SLR cameras. Between two cameras, it is wider in the Nikon D5600. The display size of the Nikon D5600 is 3.2,” and in Nikon D3400, it is 3”. You get a bigger screen in Nikon D5600. Therefore, it is easier to work with it. Besides, it is a touch screen display which makes it way more user-friendly than the Nikon D3400.
Both have the same video capturing quality. These two cameras provide full HD quality videos with 1920×1080 pixels. They can capture for 30 minutes at a time. It is not a bad quality if you are experimenting with videography and a beginner.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
In the case of connectivity, Nikon D5600 wins again. It has built-in wireless connectivity. So, you can connect it with WiFi. Bluetooth connectivity is also included in it. In contrast, Nikon D3400 only supports a Bluetooth connection. It does not support WiFi connectivity. Nikon provides the SnapBridge app that can transfer all images from the camera to your Android and iSO device without any problem.
Nikon gives a one-year limited warranty for all their cameras. This warranty covers any manufacturer defect and replacements or repairs the camera if necessary in the camera for one year. Nikon reserves the right to replace or repair them for one year.
Finally, I would recommend you to buy the Nikon D5600 without any second thought because your money is worth the best, the durable and the perfect camera for you. This camera will be with you for a long time with its good features, which are not available in Nikon D3400.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D3400 and D5600
|How many focus points does the Nikon D5600 have?|
Nikon D5600 has 39 autofocus points.
What is the weight of the Nikon D3400?
The weight of the Nikon D3400 is 395 grams.
Is the battery of the Nikon D5600 removal?
Yes, the battery of the Nikon D5600 is removal.
Does Nikon D3400 support WiFi?
No, Nikon D3400 does not support WiFi.
What is the viewfinder magnification of Nikon D5600?
The viewfinder magnification of Nikon D5600 is 0.55x.
Read other comparisons about cameras here –
- Nikon D3200 vs D3500
- Sony a6000 vs a6100
- Sony a9ii vs a7riv
- Fuji XH1 vs XT3
- Sony a7rii vs a7iii
- Canon 80D vs M50