Why is the Nikon D3500 More Preferable?
- The maximum sensor resolution in Nikon D3500 is 24.2 megapixels, while Canon T6’s maximum sensor resolution is 18 megapixels. So, Nikon D3500 ensures a better image quality.
- This camera has 11 focus points. In contrast, Canon T6 has only 9 focus points. So, you get 2 more focus points with Nikon D3500 so it will help to get better pictures of moving objects.
- Nikon D3500’s maximum ISO is 25,600, while Canon T6’s maximum ISO is 6,400. Therefore, you get a more adorable photo in low light with Nikon D3500, which you can not get with Canon T6.
- Canon T6’s viewfinder magnification is 0.5x. In opposite, Nikon D3500’s viewfinder magnification is 0.56x. Hence, you get a larger viewfinder magnification with Nikon D3500, which is not so much in Canon T6.
- The continuous shooting speed is 5 frames per second in Nikon D3500, while Canon T6’s constant shooting speed is 3 frames per second. So, you get two frames per second faster continuous speed in Nikon D3500.
- Nikon D3500 supports UHS cards. So, you can store your photos easily that’s why storage might get a little problematic with Canon T6 because Canon T6 does not support UHS cards.
- With the Nikon D3500, you can capture up to 1550 photos after a single charge, while Canon T6 only captures 500 photos on single battery life.
- The weight of the Canon T6 is more extensive than the Nikon D3500. The Canon T6 is 120 grams heavier than the Nikon D3500. Nikon D3500’s weight is 365 grams, while Canon T6’s weight is 486 grams.
All these mentioned reasons make Nikon D3500 a preferable camera to the Canon T6. You may want to buy a Nikon D3500 if you do not wish to make a compromise with your pursuit.
Similar Features in Nikon D3500 and Canon T6
- Both come with built-in flash. This feature lets you click the photo in the dark with its flash.
- They have a 3” LCD screen. 3” LCD is a widescreen to observe everything clearly on camera.
- These two also have external flash shoes. If you need a very long flash coverage, you can add an external flash for this feature.
- Nikon D3500 and Canon T6 have optical viewfinders. Therefore finding a camera view to click is so easy with both of them.
- They also have the Raw support feature. With this feature, you can modify the exposure, saturation, and white balance of photos after taking them.
- They have the same 921k LCD screen resolutions. You are getting a high-resolution screen in both of them.
- These cameras are compatible with smartphone remotes. Hence, you can click photos with your smartphone.
- Nikon D3500 and Canon T6 appear with a one-year warranty. That means you can be carefree with Nikon D3500 and Canon T6 for a year.
Nikon D3500 and Canon T6 shares many similarities as you can see, and now if you think the Canon M6 would be an ideal pick, you can go with this camera instead the Nikon’s D3500 model.
Nikon D3500 vs Canon T6 – Quick Comparison
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Canon T6|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches||13.5 x 8.5 x 23.5 inches|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||500 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||18 MP|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||No|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||3|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity Between Nikon D3500 and Canon T6
Design and Display
Nikon D3500 and Canon T6 come with a classic design. They come in different weights and sizes. Nikon D3500’s weight is 365 grams, and Canon T6’s weight is 485 grams. Nikon D3500 is definitely superior in the matter of weight. The Nikon D3500 is 4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches, and the Canon T6’s size is 13.5 x 8.5 x 23.5 inches. They come with a good grip. So, these are effortless to carry and click.
The size of Nikon D3500 and Canon T6’s display is 3”. They are not touch screens. Their display resolution is almost similar. Nikon D3500’s display regulation is 921k dots, and Canon T6’s display resolution is 920k dots. So, you will get a higher resolution in both of these camera displays.
In the shooting performance section, Nikon D3500 is a winner without any hesitation. The reason behind Nikon D3500 being the winner is its sensor resolution, max ISO and viewfinder magnification. The sensor resolution in Nikon D3500 is 24.2 megapixels, while Canon T6’s sensor resolution is 18 megapixels. That assures you get some high-quality photos with Nikon D3500. Max ISO of Nikon D3500 is 25,600, and in Canon T6, it is 6,400.
Therefore in low light or uneven light, Nikon D3500 saves you without any hassle. With its better viewfinder magnification, this camera helps you get better images. In the continuous shooting speed section, Nikon D3500 wins again against Canon T6. The continuous shooting speed of the Nikon D3500 is 5 frames per second, while Canon T6 is 3 frames per second. So, Nikon D3500 is capable of giving you some fabulous shots while it’s about any moving objects.
Nikon D3500 has 11 focus points; on the other hand, Canon T6 has 9 focus points. Nikon D3500, with its extra 2 focus points, can get you some good shots of moving objects. If you often take photos of moving objects, then the Nikon D3500 is your camera.
Battery life is an essential matter while you are buying a camera. It is a principal issue if you are a professional photographer or taking photos of a long event. Nikon D3500 is there for you with its 1550 shots of battery life. On the other hand, Canon T6 only can accompany you for 500 photos in a single charge. So, if you are focusing on your camera’s battery, then the Nikon D3500 is your camera.
The video quality of both of these cameras is Full HD – 1920 x 1080 megapixels. It is quite a good resolution for beginners. They can record for 30 minutes long in one single charge. That is undoubtedly a big deal for a beginner’s DSLR camera.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
The connectivity in Nikon D3500 is quite good. It has Bluetooth connectivity. Nikon also offers the SnapBridge app for all of its cameras. So, transferring photos is relatively easy with this app. On the opposite, Canon T6 does not support Bluetooth connectivity, but it has a built-in wireless connection to share images on your device.
Finally, I must say what you are looking for in your digital SLR camera Nikon D3500 comes with almost all of the features. Canon T6 may have a lack of features. However, the Nikon D3500 has almost everything you need in a beginner’s DSLR camera. So, be careful while choosing your camera. Get the best one you can have for yourself. Best wishes for your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D3500 and Canon T6
|What is the ISO of Nikon D3500?
The ISO of Nikon D3500 is 100 – 25600.
What is the weight of the Canon T6?
The weight of the Canon T6 is 485 grams.
What is the video resolution of the Nikon D3500?
The video resolution of the Nikon D3500 is Full HD – 1920 x 1080.
Does Canon T6 come with wireless connectivity?
Yes, Canon T6 does come with built-in wireless connectivity.
Does the Nikon D3500 have an AA (Anti-aliasing) filter?
No, Nikon D3500 does not have an AA (Anti-aliasing) filter.
Do you wanna read more related comparison article? Check out below –
- Fujifilm XT2 vs XT20
- Panasonic FZ300 vs FZ1000
- Panasonic GH4 vs G7
- Panasonic GH4 vs GH5
- Panasonic GX85 vs G7
- Panasonic GH4 vs G85
- Fatamatuj Johra is an expert in robot vacuum cleaners. She is dedicated to helping people to choose accessories from different items. Her greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help customers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Air purifuer2022.08.25Winix C535 vs C555 – Why C535 Should be Your Choice?
- Thermostat2022.08.14Ecobee 4 vs 5 – Check Why Ecobee 5 is the Best Thermostat!
- Air purifuer2022.08.09Winix C535 vs C545 – Check Why Winix C545 is Better than C535!
- Sewing Machine2022.02.11Singer 4423 vs 4432 – Check Why Singer 4432 is Boss!