The D3500 and D5600 are two stunning cameras from the Nikon D series. Nonetheless, between these two, we suggest you pick the Nikon D5600.
Why Should You Pick The Nikon D5600?
- Nikon D5600 has 39 autofocus points, whereas the opposite Nikon D3500 has only 11 autofocus points. So, it is more effortless to track and keep the focus on any moving object in D5600.
- It comes with a microphone port where you can attach a microphone and shoot video with better sound quality. On the other hand, Nikon D3500 does not have any microphone port.
- This camera gives a wider flash coverage than the Nikon D3500. The flash coverage in Nikon D3500 is 7.0m, where Nikon D5600’s is 12.0 m. So, you can get a wider vision in pictures that are clicked in the dark with flash in Nikon D5600.
- This D5600 camera also has the timelapse feature in itself. With this, you can drag your capturing skill to another level. But the Nikon D3500 does not come with this amazing option.
- Nikon D5600 has a 3.2 inches high-resolution touch display that helps to zoom and set focus easily with your fingertips. On the contrary, Nikon D3500’s display size is 0.2” smaller and it doesn’t come with a touchscreen function.
- This Digital DSLR camera comes with built-in wireless connectivity, while Nikon D3500 does not offer you any built-in wireless connectivity. That means connecting with the network is easier with Nikon D5600.
These are the particular reasons that make Nikon D5600 a better option than Nikon D3500. So, if you are looking for a finer DSLR camera, you can get Nikon D5600.
Similar Features in Nikon D3500 and D5600
- The Nikon D5600 and D3500 come with the same resolution, 24.2 megapixels.
- They come with a RAW support option.
- Both are compatible with smartphone remotes.
- These two have the face detection feature.
- They both support UHS cards.
- D5600 and D3500 are compatible with Nikon F mounting.
- These two come with a continuous shooting speed of 5 fps.
- Nikon provides a 1-year warranty with both of these D series cameras.
Nikon D3500 vs D5600: Comparision Chart
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.76×3.82 inches||12.9x6x8.9 inches|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 Mp|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||820 shots|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Nikon d5600 vs d3500: Difference and Similarity
The display in Nikon D3500 and D5600 seems similar, but the display in Nikon D560 is slightly bigger than the D3500. Their display size is 3” in D3500 and 3.2” in D5600. So, you get a slightly bigger view of the screen in Nikon D5600. In addition, Nikon D5600’s display is a touch screen one. That additional feature is not included in Nikon D3500.
These two cameras come with a slick design. They are very user-friendly cameras from Nikon. In the matter of weight, Nikon D3500 is better as it is 100 grams lighter than the Nikon D5600. Nikon D3500’s weight is 365g, and Nikon D5600 is 465g. The D3500’s size is 4.88×2.76×3.82 inches, and D5600’s is 12.9x6x8.9 inches. Their size and weight offer a rigid grip on the camera. This grip will help you to provide concentration while taking photos. All these features make it easier to continue photography for a long time with these cameras.
Autofocus points are one important feature of a digital SLR camera. Between these two, Nikon D5600 are a better camera with its 39 autofocus points. The Nikon D3500 only has 11 autofocus points. Therefore, when getting a good shot of a moving object, you get a better, finer, and smoother shot with the Nikon D5600.
Nikon D3500 stays longer with you than the Nikon D5600. The D3500 can take 1550 shots after getting a full charge. While the Nikon D5600 only stays with you for 820 shots at a time after a full charge. That means Nikon D3500 can serve you for a longer time than Nikon D5600 can not do.
These two digital DSLR cameras are capable of giving the best shooting performance for a beginner. They also provide a premium service in the continuous shooting section. Per second these two are capable of taking standard five frames. It is better than most DSLR cameras which provide 3 frames per second.
As these cameras are mainly for still photography, they can provide good quality video with them too. Both can shoot full HD quality videos for almost 30 minutes without any disturbance. These two are beginner-friendly cameras, so both do not provide 4K video quality. However, for a beginner videographer, Full HD 1920×1080 pixel clips should be enough while shooting.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
You would get a better experience with Nikon D5600 in terms of connectivity than D3500. As D5600 has built-in wireless connectivity in itself. On the other side, Nikon D3500 is only available for WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth. Nikon offers you an App ‘SnapBridge’ to connect with your iOS or Android device from your camera. This app makes your work way easier for you by uploading images on your smart device without any hassle.
Nikon offers a 1-year warranty for both D3500 and D5600. This warranty is available for any manufacturer defect for one year. You will get one long-year backup from the company as they reserve the right to replace or repair the camera for one year.
If you are looking for a fresh start as a photographer, then these two have all the features needed to capture photos. But in the long run, when you get better at capturing images, Nikon D5600 will provide more features than the Nikon D3500. So, for longer use and better experience, you should get the Nikon D5600.
Frequently of Nikon d5600 vs d3500
Does D5600 come with a battery and charger?
Yes, Nikon D5600 does come with a battery and charger.
How many lenses come with Nikon D3500?
2 lenses arrive with Nikon D3500.
Does Nikon D5600 have HDMI output?
Yes, Nikon D5600 does have HDMI output.
Can you tell me about the slowest shutter speed of the Nikon D3500?
Yes, the slowest shutter speed in the Nikon D3500 is 30 seconds.
Do Nikon D5600 and Nikon D3500 come with a memory card?
No, Nikon D5600 and Nikon D3500 do not come with a memory card. You have to buy it separately.
Read more camera comparisons here.
- Panasonic GH5 vs Sony a7iii
- Sony a6400 vs a6600
- Canon RP vs Sony a7II
- Canon M50 vs Sony a6400
- Canon T6 vs T7
- Nikon Z6 vs Sony a7 III