Why do we Pick the Nikon D850?
- You can capture up to 1,840 shots with this Nikon D850 device, whereas the Nikon D500 can capture 1,240 shots with a single charge. So this gonna be the best bet for you as you can click more images.
- The Max resolution is 45.7 megapixels in this camera, allowing the user to take some extraordinary frame with detail. On the other hand, D500 comes with a 20.9-megapixel resolution.
- You can create 4K and 8K time-lapse videos in this camera, but the rival device only can create a 4K video.
- Both include the same autofocus, but the D850 autofocus is extremely fast, which lets you focus on the subject quickly you want.
- It has a 0.75x viewfinder magnification which ensures a larger screen so that you can see everything clearly. At the same time, the D500 has 0.66x, so it has a slightly narrow screen.
- The CPU speed of this camera is good, in addition, the Tilt screen is awesome while for the low shooting compared to the other one.
These were the impressive features of the Nikon D850 device, making it much better than the D500.
Similar Features of the Nikon D850 and D500
- They have a 1x optical zoom feature, including 153 focus points.
- Nikon D500 and D850 built with a 3.2-inch touch screen display.
- These two combine with the NFC, BT, SnapBridge, and Wifi for the easy and fast sharing of data.
- You can use them for vlogging purposes since they include both microphone and headphone ports.
- The D500 and D850 are weather-sealed devices that make them resistant to water or dust and increase their durability.
- Both devices come with a one-year USA limited warranty.
So, both devices include many differences, and the upgraded features are available on the D850, so you can consider this one. But if you are happy with the Nikon D500 then, nothing wrong with selecting this.
Quick Comparison Between the Nikon D500 and Nikon D850
|Specifications||Nikon D500||Nikon D850|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Battery Life||1,240 shots||1,840 shots|
|Max Resolution||20.9 megapixels||45.7 megapixels|
|8K time-lapse Mode||No||Yes|
|ISO range||100-51200||64 to 25600|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||10||9|
|Video Capture Resolution||2160p||1080p|
|Focus Type||Auto Focus||Manual Focus and Auto Focus|
|Headphone & Microphone Port||Yes||Yes|
|Screen||3.2 inch||3.2 inch|
|Dimensions||5.8 x 4.6 x 3.2 inches||5.8 x 3.1 x 4.9 inches|
|Weight||1.90 lbs||2.02 lbs|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
Differences and Similarities Between the Nikon D500 and D850
Nikon D850 designed with the new sensor, which is not available on the D500. However, the camera has an Fx-format sensor with its 45.7 megapixels with the combination of the low-pass filter. This combination can capture extraordinary images, also this will enhance the light efficiency and provide faster data readout.
Nikon D500 comes with a 20.9 megapixels CMOS sensor that can capture images with detailed color and textures. This device is better for landscapes.
Talking about the video quality, these devices can capture both 4K and 8K time-lapse videos, and the resolution is 1090p for the D850 while the D500 also includes 2160p.
Though both devices can create time-lapse videos, only the Nikon D850 is capable of creating time-lapse in 8K. It uses the interval timer plus captures images with details so that you can make time-lapse.
Additionally, there won’t be any shutter vibration on the footage, plus you will get tack-sharp video.
However, since the D850 also includes advanced 8K mode, this gonna be your best bet.
You don’t need to worry about the battery life of the Nikon D850 device, as it can click 1,840 shots with just a single charge.
At the same time, the Nikon D500 allows the user to capture up to 1,240 shots approximately. But in terms of the video recording, you don’t need to worry about the battery life. Until the memory is not getting full, you can keep recording videos.
Nikon D500 provides 51200 ISO, and D850 has a 25600 ISO range. As a result, the Nikon D500 can produce better frames in the dark light or at night. If you want to capture some outstanding images, the D850 would be better.
Nikon D500 and D800s exclusive 153 focus points provide you the highest performance for fast-moving objects. You can focus on the image during the live view wherever you need it. Also, the frame would be outstanding because both include perfect focus.
Weather sealing is an important thing to consider when it comes to purchasing a DSLR camera. Fortunately, the Nikon D500 and D800 were built with a weather-sealed body. These devices are resistant to dust and water. In addition, you can take the devices on the go with you wherever you are going and capture awesome moments that you don’t wanna miss!
The devices feature built-in Wifi including the SnapBridge app, as well as NDC technology. So now, you can instantly share images to your smartphone, tablet, or iOS with others. Moreover, they have Bluetooth, which works with low energy and allow the seamless transfer.
Both cameras come up with a touchscreen display, which allows you to control the settings, focus on the image wherever you need. Capture quality images from the live view, and so on. The touch is very fast, just like the iOS devices, so you can easily use these devices.
But the D850 has a 0.75x viewfinder, whereas the D500 includes a 0.66x viewfinder, thus the D850 will provide better usability with its larger screen. Therefore, you can consider this one.
You will get a one-year limited warranty on both devices from the date you purchase them. The warranty will cover any defects due to the manufacturers, and you cannot claim the warranty if you damage anything in the device.
Nikon D850 undoubtedly better than D500 because it is full of high-quality functions. If you wanna upgrade your old camera, you should think about the D850.
But if the budget is a big issue, Nikon D500 could be your best bet. This device is also suitable, including better ISO, megapixel so this also a great choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D500 and D850
What is the D500s dimension?
The device is 5.8 x 4.6 x 3.2 inches, and its weight is 1.9 pounds.
Do they come with accessories?
Yes, both devices come with some handy accessories, such as – HDMI Cable clip, USB cable clip, and other items you need.
Will I get a USA warranty?
Yes, Nikon offers a USA warranty version for one year, which provides you with repair or replacement of the device due to manufacturer damages in the device.
Can I use the D3500 lens on the D500?
Yes, you can use the D3500 lens on this device because both have the same physical sensor size.
What is the image resolution on the D500?
Nikon D500 camera has 20.9-megapixel resolution, and the D850 resolution is 45.7 megapixels.
Find more DSLR camera related articles here –