Why is the Nikon D5300 The Preferable One?
- The Nikon D5300 comes with a 12% higher resolution than the Nikon D3500 display. The LCD screen resolution of Nikon D5300 is 1037k dots. In contrast, Nikon D3500’s screen resolution is 921k dots. That means you get a larger output size in Nikon D5300 than the Nikon D3500.
- Not only the screen resolution but also Nikon D5300’s screen size is bigger than the Nikon D5300. Nikon D5300’s display size is 3.2” while Nikon D3500’s display size is 3”. You get a wider view on Nikon D5300’s screen.
- Nikon D5300 has 39 focus points. On the other hand, the Nikon D3500 has only 11 focus points. You get super premium moving objects in photos with Nikon D5300 rather than in Nikon D3500.
- One additional feature Nikon D5300 comes with is a built-in GPS in itself. Therefore you get location-based information regarding your photos with Nikon D5300. Nikon D3500 does not come with any built-in GPS feature.
- Nikon D5300 has a microphone port attached to it. You can connect a microphone with it. You can record video with high-definition sound in Nikon D5300.Nikon D3500 does not come with any microphone port.
- The D5300 comes with a timelapse feature. You can try out high-speed cinematography with this feature. Nikon D3500 does not allow experimenting with this as it does not come with a timelapse feature.
- The flash coverage of the Nikon D3500 is 7.0m, while Nikon D5300’s flash coverage is 12.0m. That is why you get more details in photos taken with flash in Nikon D5300.
- This D series camera of Nikon also arrives with an Automatic Exposure Bracketing feature. This feature lets you take images with different exposure settings and cover more of the dynamic range. Nikon D3500 does not come with an AE bracketing feature.
- Nikon D5300 also has built-in wireless connectivity, which is not included in Nikon D3500. Therefore you get a better connectivity option with Nikon D5300.
These described reasons actively demonstrate that Nikon D5300 is a preferred digital SLR camera than the Nikon D3500. Therefore my recommendation goes to Nikon D5300.
Similar Features in Nikon D5300 and D3500
- These two have an exact resolution of 24.2 megapixels.
- Both appear with Raw support features.
- Nikon D5300 and D3500 are compatible with smartphone remotes.
- These digital SLR cameras also have the face detection focus feature.
- Both of these support UHS cards.
- Their preferable lens mount is Nikon F.
- D5300 and D3500’s continuous shooting speed is five fps.
- Nikon provides a 1-year warranty for both of these cameras.
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Nikon D5300|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.88×2.76×3.82 inches||4.92×2.99×3.86 inches|
|LCD Screen Resolution||1037k dots||921k dots|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||600 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 MP|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity Between Nikon D5300 and D3500
Design and Display
Nikon D5300 and D3500 come in different weights and sizes. Nikon D5300’s weight is 480 grams, and Nikon D3500’s weight is 395 grams. So, in the matter of weight Nikon D3500 would give you a better experience clicking photos. Their size is also not similar. Nikon D3500’s size is 4.88×2.76×3.82 inches, and Nikon D5300’s size is 4.92×2.99×3.86 inches. These cameras come with a good grip which helps to carry them comfortably.
Nikon D5300 is the winner in the display section because it comes with a better screen resolution and wider screen than the Nikon D3500. The screen size of the Nikon D5300 is 3.2”. Its screen resolution is 1037k dots which allows you to have a larger output size of your photos. Nikon D3500’s screen size is 3” and its screen resolution is 921k dots.
Nikon’s two D series cameras provide you the finest shooting performance compared to most beginners’ digital SLR cameras. The max ISO is better in Nikon D3500, unlike most features. Its max ISO is 25,600, while Nikon D5300’s max ISO is 12,800. Almost half compared to Nikon D3500. Therefore, if it is about taking photos in low light, Nikon D3500 is ready to help you. However, both have the same continuous shooting speed, and it is five frames per second.
There is a vast difference between these two cameras’ focus points. Nikon D3500 has 11 focus points, while Nikon D5300 has three times more focus points than the Nikon D3500. Nikon D5300 has 39 focus points. So, if you want to take an elegant photo of a moving object, then the Nikon D5300 would be the best choice.
Battery life is a principal matter to look at before buying a new camera. Among these two cameras, Nikon D3500 has finer battery life than the Nikon D5300. Nikon D3500 works for 1550 shots in a single charge, while Nikon D5300 only works for 600 photos at this time. So, if you are focusing on battery life, you may think of the Nikon D3500 as your camera.
Both of these cameras provide you with the same quality video recording. They record in full HD, and their video resolution is 1920×1080 pixel clips. They can record for 30 minutes without any disturbance. Additionally, with Nikon D5300’s timelapse feature, you can record for more duration of time.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
In the matter of connectivity, Nikon D5300 wins here without any doubt. It has a built-in wireless connection, and it also comes with a GPS connectivity option. So, you can use it with WiFi and track location with photos. On the other side, Nikon D3500 does not have any of these connectivity options; it only comes with Bluetooth connectivity. However, Nikon offers its app called SnapBridge for Android and iOS devices. You can quickly transfer photos with this app on your device from any of Nikon’s cameras.
Nikon takes responsibility for its camera’s manufacturing defect for one year. It also covers replacement or repair if necessary in this duration. So, you get one year of backup from the manufacturer for both of these cameras.
In conclusion, you can see how Nikon D5300 is ahead of Nikon D3500 in so many features unless it is about battery life or max ISO. Nikon D5300 is the best between these two because of its screen resolution, screen size, focus points, and connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D5300 and D3500
|Does the Nikon D5300 support WiFi?|
Yes, Nikon D5300 supports WiFi.
Does Nikon D3500 come with a Raw support feature?
Yes, the Nikon D3500 comes with a Raw support feature.
Does the Nikon D5300 come with environmental sealing?
No, Nikon D5300 does not come with environmental sealing.
What is the max ISO of Nikon D3500?
The max ISO of Nikon D3500 is 25,600.
What is the type of viewfinder in Nikon D5300?
The viewfinder type of Nikon D5300 is optical.
Read related comparison articles here.
- Nikon D3300 vs D3400
- Nikon D5300 vs D5600
- Sony a7 vs a7r
- Sony a7riii vs a7riv
- Sony a9 vs a7iii
- Fuji XT2 vs XT3