Nikon D5300 and D5600 share most of their features. Yet some improved functions made Nikon D5600 better than D5300.
Why Nikon D5600 is Better?
- Nikon D5600’s max ISO is 25,600, while Nikon D5300’s Max ISO is only 12,800. So, you get better photos in low light with Nikon D5600.
- Its color depth is slightly elevated than the Nikon D5300. Nikon D5600’s color depth is 24.1. On the other hand, Nikon D5300’s color depth is 24. Therefore, you get a little better color contrast on your photo with Nikon D5600.
- The dynamic range is moderately higher in Nikon D5600. Nikon D5600’s dynamic range is 14. In contrast, Nikon D5300’s dynamic range is 13.9. That assures you get better color detail in Nikon D5600.
- Nikon D5600 has an LCD touch screen, while D5300’s LCD screen is not a touch screen. Therefore it is easy to select the menu, camera settings in Nikon D5600.
- This digital SLR camera also comes with longer battery life than The Nikon D5300. It serves you 820 photos in a single charge, while Nikon D5300 only serves you 600 after getting a full charge. So, you get a longer time to take pictures with Nikon D5600.
- Nikon D5300 does not have any Bluetooth connectivity option, while Nikon D5600 does have Bluetooth compatibility. That means you can do Bluetooth-related work with Nikon D5600, which is not possible with Nikon D5300.
- The D5600 is more transportable than the Nikon D5300. Because the Nikon D5600 is lightweight than the Nikon D5300. Nikon D5600’s weight is 465 grams, where Nikon D5300 is 15 grams heavier with its 480 grams weight.
These specific reasons make the Nikon D5600 a better digital SLR camera than the Nikon D5300. You may want to pursue this one if you desire to have the best one for you.
Similar Features in Nikon D5300 and D5600
- These two cameras come with 24.2 megapixels resolution.
- Nikon D5300 and D5600 have 39 focus points.
- Both come with a microphone port.
- They are enabled to capture time-lapse videos.
- These two appear with the AE bracketing feature.
- Nikon D5300 and D5600’s flash coverage is 12.0 m.
- Both have a built-in wireless connection.
- These two appear with the face detection focus feature.
- Nikon offers a 1-year warranty for both of these cameras.
Nikon D5300 vs D5600 – Comparison Table
|Specification||Nikon D5300||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||4.92×2.99×3.86 inches||12.9x6x8.9 inches|
|Battery Life||600 shots||820 shots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 Mp|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5||5|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity Between Nikon D5300 and D5600
Design and Display
In the matter of design, the Nikon D5300 looks more elegant than the Nikon D5600. Although, Nikon D5600 comes with better features. They are slightly different in weight. Nikon D5300 is 480 grams, and Nikon D5600 is 465 grams.
These cameras are dissimilar in size too. The size of the Nikon D5600 is 12.9x6x8.9 inches, and Nikon D5300’s size is 4.92×2.99×3.86 inches.
Both have the same size of display; it is 3.2”. However, their screen resolution is also the same 1037k. One key difference between these two cameras’ displays is that Nikon D5600’s LCD screen is a touch screen while Nikon D5300’s LCD screen is not.
In the case of shooting performances, Nikon d5600 wins without any doubt. It has a higher maximum ISO, better color depth, and more dynamic range than the Nikon D5300. The maximum ISO on the Nikon D5600 is 25,600, and the maximum ISO in Nikon D5300 is 12,800. So, you get way better photos in low light with Nikon D5600 than the D5300.
Their difference in color depth and dynamic range is minimal. The color depth in Nikon D5600 is 24.1, and in Nikon D5300, it is 24. The dynamic range in Nikon D5600 is 14, while Nikon D5300’s color depth is 13.9. They come with the same continuous shooting speed, five frames per second.
Nikon D5600 and D5300 come with 39 focus points. Therefore, in the matter of taking photos of moving objects, they give you the same result. Thirty-nine focus points really help you to get the best with your cameras.
They have contrasting battery durability. Nikon D5600 is capable of taking photos up to 820 in one single charge. At the same time, Nikon D5300 can take almost 600 photos after getting a full charge. So, Nikon D5600 gives you a long time to take pictures of one event, while the Nikon D5300 may not carry on with you.
Apart from all differences, Nikon D5600 and Nikon D5300 capture the exact resolution of video and capture it for the same amount of time in one recording. Their video quality is high definition, and they can capture video for 30 minutes without any disturbance with their battery. Their video resolution is 1920×1080 pixels.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
Both come with a built-in wireless connection. They are capable of connecting with WiFi. However, Nikon D5300 does not have the Bluetooth connectivity option. So, any Bluetooth-related work can not be done with Nikon D5300. Nikon also offers an android and iSO app called SnapBridge which helps you transfer files from camera to any device quickly.
Both Nikon D5600 and Nikon D5300 have a 1-year warranty. So, you can relax with your camera for one year. They cover the manufactural defect, repair, and replacement policy for one year in this warranty.
In the end, you can see how Nikon D5600 is way better in many features than the Nikon D5300. I hope now your doubts are all clear between these two and you have already decided which one to get yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D5300 and D5600
|What is the color depth of the Nikon D5600?|
The color depth of the Nikon D5600 is 24.1.
Does the Nikon D5300 work with a smartphone remote?
Yes, Nikon D5300 is capable of working with a smartphone remote.
What is the weight of the Nikon D5600?
The weight of the Nikon D5600 is 465 grams.
Does the Nikon D5300 come with the Raw photos option?
Yes, Nikon D5300 has the Raw Support feature that allows taking raw photos.
What is the type of viewfinder magnification in Nikon D5600?
The viewfinder magnification type is optical in Nikon D5600.
You may have interest in –