Why We Suggest The Nikon D7200?
- The viewfinder magnification is larger in Nikon D7200. It has 0.63x viewfinder magnification, while Nikon D5600 has 0.55x viewfinder magnification. The viewfinder coverage is also higher in Nikon D7200. Nikon D7200 covers 100% of the viewfinder, while Nikon D5600 covers 95% of it. Therefore, you get a vast view in Nikon D7200’s viewfinder, unlike Nikon D5600.
- Color depth is higher in Nikon D7200. Nikon D5600’s color depth is 24.1. In contrast, Nikon D7200’s color depth is 24.5. So, Nikon D7200 gives a more pleasing color contrast in photos than the Nikon D5600.
- Nikon D7200 comes with more focus points than the Nikon D5600. It has 51 focus points, and Nikon D5600 has 39 focus points. Hence, you get a better focus on your pictures with Nikon D7200.
- Dynamic range is elevated in Nikon D7200. Its dynamic range is 14.6. On the opposite Nikon D5600’s dynamic range is 14. This comparison assures you get better color detail with Nikon D7200.
- This digital SLR camera comes with a premium LCD screen resolution. The screen resolution on the Nikon D7200 is 1.229k dots. On the other hand, Nikon D5600’s screen resolution is 1.037k dots. So, you can see the high-quality, crisp image with Nikon D7200.
- Nikon D7200 also has a higher low-light ISO than The Nikon D5600. Low-light ISO in Nikon D5600 is 1306, while Nikon D7200’s low-light ISO is 1333. Hence, Nikon D7200 provides you with better images in low-light than the Nikon D5600.
- Continuous shooting speed is better in this Nikon D series camera. It can take six frames in one second, while Nikon D5600 can take five frames per second. Therefore, you get a more satisfactory experience shooting in ‘Burst Mode’ with Nikon D7200.
- The battery life of these two digital SLR cameras is different. In this section, the Nikon D7200 beats the Nikon D5600 again. Nikon D7200 can shoot up to 1110 shots in a single charge, while Nikon D5600 can shoot precisely 820 pictures at this time.
- This camera comes with two storage slots, while Nikon D5600 comes with only one storage slot. That means you can store almost double the photos in Nikon D7200 than in Nikon D5600.
- In addition, the Nikon D7200 has a headphone port which is not included in Nikon D5600. If you are looking for this extra feature in your digital SLR camera, then the Nikon D7200 is your camera.
- The Nikon D7200 comes with an environmental sealing body. So, you can shoot in harsh weather conditions. Nikon D5600 does not come with an environmental sealing body, so rough weather can break down the camera.
These unique reasons make Nikon D7200 the best among these two DSLR cameras. If you want a camera with more features between these two, we strongly suggest you go for Nikon D7200.
Similar Features in Nikon D5600 and D7200
- These two cameras come with 24.2-megapixel sensor resolution. So, you get a better image quality with more detail in photos.
- Nikon D5600 and D7200 appear with a built-in flashlight along with an external flash shoe. Therefore, you can use built-in flash in low light and external flash for extended coverage.
- They appear with a microphone port. This feature is for capturing video with high-quality audio recording.
- Another identical feature in Nikon D7200 and D5600 is their Timelapse feature, allowing you to take timelapse video.
- Both have the AE Bracketing feature. That means they can select exposure by themselves.
- Nikon D5600 and D7200 come with a built-in wireless connection. So, you get better connectivity with both of them.
- They also have the Raw support option. Therefore, it is possible to take raw photos and set exposure, white balance later in photos.
- Nikon D5600 and D7200 are compatible with smartphone remotes. Hence, you can click photos through your smartphone.
- These two cameras also have the face detection focus feature, which helps find faces easily and focus on them.
|Specification||Nikon D7200||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Rating||4.9 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||5.35 x 2.99 x 4.21 inches||4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches|
|Low Light ISO||1333||1306|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||6 fps||5 fps|
|Battery Life||1110 shots||820 shots|
|LCD Screen Resolution||1.229k dots||1.037k dots|
|Resolution||24.2 MP||24.2 Mp|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Difference and Similarity Between Nikon D5600 and D7200
Design and Display
These two cameras have a user-friendly design. The Nikon D7200 is a little heavier than the Nikon D5600. Its weight is 765 grams. Nikon D5600’s weight is 465 grams. They have contrasting sizes. Nikon D5600 is 4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches, and Nikon D7200’s size is 5.35 x 2.99 x 4.21 inches. Both are two good portable DSLR cameras.
Nikon D5600 and D7200 come in a 3.2” wide display. Their display resolution is quite different. Nikon D5600’s display resolution is 1.037k dots, and Nikon D7200’s resolution is 1.229k dots. This resolution helps you get more high-quality images than the Nikon D5600. Nikon D5600’s screen is a touch screen, while Nikon D7200’s screen is not.
These two digital SLR camera’s shooting performances are not similar either. They come in different color depth and dynamic range, which makes their shooting performance dissimilar. Their max ISO is 25,600, but low light ISO is 1306 in Nikon D5600 and 1333 in Nikon D7200. So, D7200 performs better in low light. The continuous shooting speed is slightly different in these two cameras. Nikon D7200 has six frames per second, and Nikon D5600’s continuous shooting speed is five frames per second.
Nikon D7200 has 52 focus points. On the other hand, the Nikon D5600 has 39 focus points. Therefore, Nikon D7200 is more capable of clicking images with good focus. In the case of shooting a moving object, Nikon D7200 would give some outstanding performance. Nikon D5600’s 39 focus points are not that substandard either. It can supply you with well-focused pictures too. However, it is not as exclusive as the Nikon D7200.
In the battery section, Nikon D7200 wins again since it has a long-lasting battery life, unlike Nikon D5600. It can click 1110 shots with a single charge. Nikon D5600 can click only 820 images in this duration. Hence, if you are focusing on taking long event’s photos with your camera, you should go for the Nikon D7200.
These two D series cameras from Nikon come in exact video resolution. Their video resolution is Full HD – 1920 x 1080 megapixels. They are efficient at recording for 30 minutes nonstop. Nikon D5600 and D7200 have an external microphone port for high-quality audio in video clips. Additionally, Nikon D7200 has a headphone port that will help you with better video control.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
These two come with a built-in wireless connection. Nikon D5600 comes with extra Bluetooth connectivity. So, Nikon D5600 would be better for connectivity. However, Nikon has an app called SnapBridge for all of its cameras, which helps transfer photos to android and iOS devices from the camera.
The producer of these two products gives you a one-year warranty for both Nikon D7200 and D5600. This warranty is available for any manufacturer defect or if the camera needs to be repaired or replaced in this duration. Nikon reserves all the right to repair or replace these cameras.
In the end, you can see the Nikon D7200 comes with many upgraded features that are not available in Nikon D5600. So, we would recommend you go for the Nikon D7200. However, if you want to pursue a budget-friendly camera with enough features, you can go for the Nikon D5600.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D5600 and D7200
|Is the Nikon D7200 a beginner’s camera?|
Yes, Nikon is a beginner’s camera for professional photography.
Does the Nikon D5600 come with built-in wireless?
Yes, Nikon D5600 does come with a built-in wireless connection.
Is the Nikon D7200 a heavy camera?
Nikon D7200’s weight is 765 grams. It is not a heavy camera compared to most professional cameras.
Does the Nikon D5600 have a weather-sealed body?
No, the Nikon D5600 does not come with a weather-sealed body.
Does the Nikon D7200 have a built-in flash?
Yes, the Nikon D7200 does have a built-in flash.
Check out related articles here –