Nikon D5600 vs D7500 – Find Out Which Is the Best DSLR Camera!
If you want to get a superior camera between Nikon D5600 and D7500, we highly recommend you choose the Nikon D7500.
Why We Recommend Nikon D7500?
- It has a tilting LCD screen that lets you rotate it at any angle to capture any tricky shots. While Nikon D5600’s screen is fixed which is not convenient.
- Nikon D7500 has a larger viewfinder magnification than the Nikon D5600. The viewfinder magnification of Nikon D7500 is 0.63x, and Nikon D5600’s is 0.55x. However, this device will deliver you 100% coverage so that you can capture fantastic photos.
- This camera comes with an astonishing ISO of 51,200, and Nikon D5600’s is 25,600. Moreover, Nikon D7500 also has a better low-light ISO than the Nikon D5600. Its’ low light ISO is 1483 while the low light ISO of Nikon D5600 is 1306. Therefore, you can capture awesome photos with this device in any lighting situation.
- Nikon D7500 has a faster continuous shooting speed than the Nikon D5600. Its continuous shooting speed is 8 frames per second. On the other hand, Nikon D5600’s continuous shooting speed is only 5 frames per second.
- You will get 51 focus points with Nikon D7500, while Nikon D5600 only has 39 focus points. This camera gives you more focused images compared to Nikon D5600.
- This D series camera from Nikon comes with a headphone port which is not available in Nikon D5600. Hence, you get better video control in Nikon D7500 rather than Nikon D5600.
- It has an environment-sealed feature that lets you capture photos in harsh weather. Nikon D5600 does not have this feature, that’s why using this camera in rough weather is not recommended.
- This camera’s color depth is 24.3, and D5600’s is 24.1. Therefore, you will get better color contrast in Nikon D7500 while capturing photos.
- Nikon D7500 has an anti-flicker feature that reduces the uneven color and lowers the exposure in the flickering light, which helps to get more exemplary photos in this situation. On the other hand, Nikon D5600 does not have any anti-flicker features.
- Video resolution in the Nikon D7500 is 4K (UHD) 3840 x 2160 megapixels. On the other hand, Nikon D5600’s video resolution is Full HD 1920 x 1080 megapixels. Therefore, you get way better video in Nikon D7500 than the Nikon D5600.
- The battery life of the Nikon D7500 is longer than the Nikon D5600. It can capture up to 950 shots in a single charge. On the other hand, Nikon D5600 can click 820 photos in this period. Hence, you can shoot more photos with Nikon D7500 in one event.
These are the reasons that make the Nikon D7500 a more favorable camera than the Nikon D5600.
Similar Features in Nikon D5600 vs D7500
- Nikon D5600 and D7500 come with a 3.2” wide LCD touch screen. Therefore, you would get a broad view of the screen and easy control of your camera function.
- These two cameras have a built-in flashlight and external flash shoe. They can take good photos in low light, and with an external flash, you can do flash photography with them.
- Both have the RAW support feature. As a result, you can take photos raw and then set the white balance and exposure of the photo later.
- They come with a face detection focus feature too. So, they are capable of tracking faces fast and focusing on them without any hassle.
- Nikon D5600 and D7500 have time-lapse recording features. Therefore, you can capture some excellent timelapse videos and give your videography another dimension.
Nikon D5600 vs D7500: Comparison Table
|Specification||Nikon D7500||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Rating||4.9 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||2.85 x 5.33 x 4.09 inches||4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches|
|Low Light ISO||1483||1306|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||8 fps||5 fps|
|Battery Life||950 shots||820 shots|
|LCD Screen Resolution||922k dots||1.037k dots|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160||1920 x 1080|
|Resolution||21 MP||24.2 Mp|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|UHS Card Support||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F||Nikon F|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Nikon D5600 vs D7500 Difference and Similarity
Design and Display
The Nikon D7500 is slightly bigger than the Nikon D5600. Its size is 2.85 x 5.33 x 4.09 inches. In contrast, Nikon D5600’s size is 4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches. In the situation of weight, the Nikon D7500 is way heavier than the Nikon D5600.
Nikon D7500 is 255 grams heavier than the Nikon D5600. Its weight is 720 grams, while Nikon D5600’s weight is 465 grams. Therefore, the Nikon D7500 could be a little difficult to carry around.
Both have a comprehensive display of 3.2”, which gives you a bigger view of the screen. The screens are touch screens, so they are super easy to control. Their display resolution is not the same. Nikon D7500’s display resolution is 922k dots, and Nikon D5600’s display resolution is 1037k dots.
That means you get a higher resolution on Nikon D5600’s screen. However, Nikon D7500’s screen is a tilting screen. So you can get a flexible position in shooting with it. Nikon D5600’s screen is a fixed type, so you do not have this plus point with this camera.
Their shooting performance is different. Nikon D7500 has an elegant ISO compared to Nikon D5600. The maximum ISO in Nikon D7500 is 51,200 and in Nikon D5600 is 25,600. So, Nikon D7500 has almost twice a better max ISO than the Nikon D5600. In the case of low-light ISO, Nikon D7500 wins again.
Nikon D7500’s low light ISO is 1483, and Nikon D5600’s low light ISO is 1306. That assures you would have better photos in low light with Nikon D7500.
They have a similar dynamic range of 14. Color depth is higher in Nikon D7500. So, you get a more delicate color contrast with it. In the continuous shooting part, Nikon D7500 comes first again. Its continuous shooting speed is 8 frames per second, while Nikon D5600’s continuous shooting speed is 6 frames per second.
In the matter of focus points, Nikon D7500 gives you the ultimate result with its 51 focus points. Nikon D5600 has 39 focus points. So, Nikon D7500 focuses better, and offers better photos of moving objects with its 12 more focus points.
These two digital SLR cameras are well appreciated for taking photos during long events. Nikon D7500 can take 950 pictures with a single charge, and Nikon D5600 can take 820 pictures on a single charge. So, they are both capable of covering long occasions. However, Nikon D7500 can do slightly better in this matter, as it can take 130 more photos in this same time duration.
Nikon D7500 and D5600 have non-identical video resolutions. Nikon D7500 comes with a higher video resolution which is 4K (UHD) 3840 x 2160 megapixels. However, Nikon D5600’s video resolution is Full HD 1920 x 1080 megapixels. Both have a microphone port.
They are efficient in recording time-lapse videos. Nikon D7500 and D5600 can record up to 30 minutes on a full charge. Additionally, Nikon D7500 comes with a headphone port which is not available in Nikon D5600.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
In the matter of connectivity, Nikon D7500 and D5600 perform equally. They arrive with a built-in wireless connection. They are eligible for Bluetooth connection too. Meanwhile, Nikon offers an android and iOS app called SnapBridge for its cameras. With this, you can transfer photos quickly to your devices from a Nikon camera.
Nikon offers a 1-year warranty for both Nikon D7500 and D5600. This warranty covers any manufacturing defect during this time. Also, in case of repair or replacement, Nikon provides customer care in this period.
Lastly, it is always in your hand where you would spend your money. However, if you bear in mind spending cash between these two, we suggest you go for the Nikon D7500 as it is the best decision between them. Still, if you are thinking about a budget-friendly camera, you must go with the Nikon D5600.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon D5600 vs D7500
|What is the Low Light ISO of Nikon D7500?
Nikon D7500’s low light ISO is 1483.
Does the Nikon D5600 have an external flash shoe?
Yes, the Nikon D7500 does have an external flash shoe.
Is the Nikon D7500 a weather-sealed camera?
Yes, Nikon D7500 is a weather-sealed camera.
What is the max resolution of Nikon D5600?
Nikon D5600’s maximum resolution is 24.2 megapixels.
What is the viewfinder type of Nikon D7500?
The viewfinder type of Nikon D7500 is optical.
Check out related articles from the below links –