Nikon z50 and Canon m50 are top-rated cameras if you are confused between these cameras, then I will recommend you to Nikon z50.
Why do I recommend the Nikon z5?
- It comes with 209 focus points that will make it easy to track and maintain the focus of an object to capture the best quality image. But Canon m50 comes with only 143 focus points.
- Nikon z50 has an extended ISO 100-204800 that provides better shooting long exposure images. Canon m50 comes with an ISO range of 100-51200.
- Nikon z50’s large 23.5 x15.7mm sensor helps to capture high-quality images with more details. On the contrary, its competitor gives 22.3 x 14.9 mm that is not capable of capturing images like Nikon z50.
- It works with 11 fps during a continuous shot, and Canon m50 works slow while taking the same shots at 7.4 fps. The frame Nikon z50 will provide you with better graphics.
- You will have a better run-time backup on this camera as it can shoot 300 shots with a single charge. Contrary, the Nikon z50 can shoot only 235 shots per charge.
These features will provide you an advantage in every sector. You can enjoy your photograph moment.
- Both devices’ video resolution is 2160p. Better video resolution provides more sharp and quality full video footage.
- They have phase detection autofocus for videos which makes the video footage more sharp and clear.
- Both have an external memory card slot. That is to extend the storage.
|Specification||Nikon z50||Canon m50|
|Editors Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Weight||14.4 ounces||13.7 ounces|
|Product Dimension||9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches|
|Screen size||3.2 inches||3 inches|
|Optical Sensors resolution||20mp||24mp|
|Continuous shooting speed||10fps||7.4fps|
|Phase detection autofocus for videos||Yes||Yes|
|External memory slot||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between Nikon z50 and Canon m50
Weight and product size are the main factors for choosing an ideal camera. The Nikon z50 weighs 14.4 ounces, and the other one weighs 13.7 ounces. The lightweight is more comfortable to carry anywhere.Nikon z50 have external dimension is 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches and Canon m50 external dimension is 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches.Both devices have a flip-out screen feature. You can operate these cameras easily with a touch screen system. They have the same screen resolution. Both have an amazing design, but in this section, Canon m50 is best for this lightweight.
Nikon z50 screen size is 3.2 inches, and Canon m50 screen size is 3 inches. A bigger screen size gives a better experience for users. Nikon z50 is thinner than Canon m50. The lighter chassis is better, and it makes the device more portable and compact.
Nikon z50 has a big advantage in that it has a waterproof feature. It protects your camera from dust, raindrop, and water splash. In contrast, the canon m50 does not have a weather sealing feature. If you shoot all day with this camera, then you have to be careful. You can also buy a weather-sealed camera.
This camera has a 20mp APS-C sized BSI- CMOS sensor with a speed 6 processor, and the other one has a 24mp APS-C sized CMOS sensor with DEGIC 8 processors. Larger sensors give photographers more control over the depth of the field. Nikon’s z50 focus point is 209, and the Canon m50 focus point is 143. A more significant focus point gives a more quality full picture. This camera can capture 11 images per second, and Canon m50 can capture 10 images per second.
There are 23 lenses for Canon m50 Canon EF-M mount, besides Nikon z50 has 18 lenses Nikon z lens mount. Image stabilization is an essential feature for any camera. Nikon z50 has this feature, but the other one does not have this feature.
Both camera video resolution is 2160p; the higher resolution makes the video quality more beautiful. These cameras also have a phase detection autofocus system which captures the images with more details and makes the fast movement footage more smooth or sharp. These cameras also have the time-lapse option that speeds up long periods of video.
Nikon z50 gives more battery life than Canon m50. Nikon z50 can take 300 shots, and the other one can take 235 shots. Both device batteries have a battery level indicator, and they can be changeable. You can also recharge this battery. Nikon z50 battery power is 1120 mAh, and the other one’s battery power is 875 mah.
These devices can be connected with WiFi.They can also control remotely. Both devices also have external memory slots. You can buy external memory separately. It automatically syncs your data when it connects to your pc or computer.
Durability and Warranty
These cameras are made from some strong materials that make these devices more long-lasting. Both device companies provide a 1-year warranty. In this period, if the product gets damaged, then contract with the brand site.
Nikon z50 and Canon m50 are great cameras. Their images and video quality are excellent. But for the higher sensor, higher focus point, and higher ISO range, Nikon z50 is the best choice. Hence, Canon m50 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nikon z50 and Canon m50.
Will this camera support a remote?
You can use Snapbridge, and it works well.
Can this camera have a microphone and a light source on it together/
There’s only one hot shoe. Also, the camera is tiny and light. With anything but a tiny flash on top, it will be top-heavy and harder to manage, especially if you’re using the flash as a fill light and hand-holding the unit.
Does this camera come with a lens cover?
Yes, it comes with a lens cover.
How do I switch the ISO into the 51200?
It’s in the shooting settings under ISO speed, but I think the max is 25600
Read related comparison from the below links –