Nikon Z6 vs Z7 – Learn Why Nikon Z7 is the Better One!
Nikon’s two similar mirrorless cameras are Nikon Z6 and Z7. Even so, for a greater experience, we recommend you purchase Nikon Z7.
Why do We recommend purchasing Nikon Z7?
- Nikon Z7 has an elevated maximum sensor resolution of 46 megapixels that provides the finest full-frame image with more pixels to ensure extraordinary details. In contrast, Nikon Z6 comes with a 25 megapixels camera.
- There are 493 focus points in Nikon Z7 and 273 focus points in Nikon Z6. More focus points help to track the subject and maintain the focus even on a moving or fast object to capture crystal clear shots.
- Nikon Z7 comes with more color depth than Nikon Z6. As a result, Nikon Z7 is capable of giving you better color contrast to shooting realistic photos.
- The dynamic range is also higher in Nikon Z7. More dynamic ranges assure you more color detail so that you can see and capture the actual scene in any lighting situation.
- The Z7 provides a better time-lapse video as it comes with 8k time-lapse. On the contrary, the Z6 has a 6k time-lapse.
These mentioned features make Nikon Z7 an ultimate catch compared to Nikon Z6.
Similar Features of Nikon Z6 vs Z7
- Nikon Z6 and Z7 come with a long battery life of 330 shots. Among other mirrorless cameras in retail, they are overall long-lasting.
- Both have a microphone port. So, you can link an external microphone and get HD-quality audio for recording videos.
- These mirrorless cameras have the smartphone remote feature. Therefore you can control and click photos with your smartphone.
- They come with face detection focus and eye-tracking focus. So, these two cameras quickly detect faces and eyes and easily focus on them.
- Nikon Z7 and Z6 come with an environment-sealed body. Hence, they are travel friendly and available to work in any weather.
These are the same functions that you are gonna get on both Nikon Z7 and Z6. But if you want improved features to enjoy the super performance, then you have to pick Nikon Z7.
Quick Comparison: Nikon Z6 vs Z7
|Specification||Nikon Z7||Nikon Z6|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||5.3 x 2.8 x 4 inches||5.3 x 2.7 x 4 inches|
|Low Light ISO||2668||3299|
|Resolution||46 MP||25 Mp|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Nine fps||12 fps|
|Battery Life||330 shots||330 shots|
|LCD Screen Resolution||2.100k dots||2.100k dots|
|Eye Tracking Focus||Yes||Yes|
|Face Detection Focus||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z||Nikon Z|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities & Differences Between Nikon Z7 and Z6
Design and Display
Nikon Z6 and Z7 come with identical bodies and designs. Their weight is 675 grams. Nikon Z6 and Z7 are light and easy to handle. Their size is 5.3 x 2.7 x 4 inches. Their body has a good grip, so you can carry them easily and click photos. Their size and weight make them as satisfactory as portable cameras.
They come with an LCD tilting display. Their display size is 3.2”, and the display is a touch screen. Their display resolution is comparatively higher than most mirrorless cameras.
They appear with 2.100k dots display resolution. With their LCD touch screen and 2.100k dots resolution, they have the ultimate display you want to have in your camera.
They nearly appear with the same shooting performance. However, they have different ISO, color depth, and dynamic ranges. In the matter of max ISO, Nikon Z6 performs finer than the Nikon Z7.
The max ISO of the Nikon Z6 is 51,200, while Nikon Z7’s max ISO is 25,600. In the matter of dynamic range and color depth, Nikon Z7 performs better. Nikon Z7’s dynamic range is 14.6, and Z6’s dynamic range is 14.3. The color depth of Z7 is 26.3, and Z6’s is 25.3.
In the continuous shooting section, Nikon Z6 gives better performance. It shoots 12 frames in one second, while Nikon Z7 only shoots nine frames at this time. So, if you prefer a camera with better continuous shooting speed, you may choose Nikon Z6.
Nikon Z6 and Z7 have a big difference in their number of focus points. Nikon Z7 appears with 493 focus points, and Nikon Z6 with 273 focus points. Therefore, it is clear that Nikon Z7 gives a better focus on photos than the Nikon Z6. Also, in the case of capturing any moving object’s image, Nikon Z7 gives you an outstanding result, while Nikon Z6 might not give you that good result.
These two Nikon Z series cameras come with exact battery life. Nikon Z6 and Z7 can click up to 330 shots in one single charge. Compared to most mirrorless cameras, they come with quite a long-lasting battery. So, if you are thinking about a camera to click photos at any brief event, you can go with any of them. Surprisingly they will not disappoint you with their battery life.
Nikon Z6 and Z7 arrive with an excellent quality video resolution. The video resolution of both of these is 4K (UHD) – 3840 x 2160 megapixels. This resolution allows you to capture some amazing videos. Both Nikon Z6 and Z7 can capture video for up to 30 minutes with a full charge.
They also have a microphone port and a headphone port, which qualify you to have fantastic audio quality in your videos. These two are remarkable for videography and vlogging. The timelapse feature gives your videography a new dimension.
Connectivity and SnapBridge
These two are available for Bluetooth connectivity, and they appear with a built-in wireless connection. That makes them a professional camera in connectivity. It is easier to transfer photos with these two cameras. However, Nikon has an app named SnapeBridge, which helps transfer images to any Android or iOS device from Nikon Z6 and Z7 without any hassle.
Nikon offers a single-year warranty for both Nikon Z6 and Z7. They promise backup for any manufacturer defect at this time. In case of repair or replacement at this time duration, they reserve all the rights. So, the first year would be a worry-less year with these two Nikon Z series cameras.
The Nikon Z6 and Z7 are two excellent devices for capturing moments. Nikon Z7 appears with more features than the Nikon Z7, like better sensor resolution, more focus points, and higher color depth and dynamic range.
So, if you want the best one among them, then go for the Nikon Z7. In contrast, Nikon Z6 is also a standard mirrorless camera. If you are only available for a budget-friendly device, then you should go for the Nikon Z6.
Faq about Nikon z6 vs z7
|What is the weight of the Nikon Z7?
The weight of the Nikon Z7 is 675 grams.
Does the Nikon Z6 come with body stabilization?
Yes, Nikon Z6 does come with body stabilization.
What is the sensor of the Nikon Z7?
The Nikon Z7 comes with a 46MP – full-frame BSI-CMOS sensor.
Does the Nikon Z6 have a fast shutter speed?
Yes, Nikon Z6 does have a fast shutter speed which is 1/8000 sec.
What is the viewfinder type of Nikon Z7?
The viewfinder type of Nikon Z7 is electronic.
You may have an interest in –