Choosing the most dependable pack from the North Face Surge and Borealis is straightforward. Here I’ve mentioned their differences so that you get the best one.
What Are the Differences Between North Face Surge and Borealis?
|North Face Surge||North Face Borealis|
|North Face Surge has 31 liters capacity.||North Face Borealis has 28 liters capacity.|
|It can carry a 17-inch laptop.||It can carry a 15-inch laptop.|
|The Surge has a large tablet compartment.||The Borealis has a small tablet compartment.|
|Check Surge Price at Amazon||Check Borealis Price at Amazon|
Why is the North Face Surge the best?
- This pack has a capacity of 31 liters, which is perfect storage for a daypack. The Borealis could carry up to 28 liters in its maximum range. Therefore, you have to carry fewer items in this pack.
- The laptop compartment of the Surge is compatible with carrying a 17 inches laptop in it. Moreover, this laptop compartment is highly protective. The laptop sleeve of the Borealis is still a protective one. But it can carry only a 15 inches laptop.
- The tablet sleeve is quite large and attached to the main compartment. It is easily accessible and so protective. On the other hand, the Borealis has a small tablet space. And it doesn’t allow that much protection.
- All the compartments of the Surge are wide enough, and users have found it very comfortable. But the compartments of the Borealis are very narrow and rigid. That makes this one quite difficult to manage.
From the earlier explanation, it’s completely apparent that the Surge gets the upper hand over the Borealis. If you want to get any of these products at a reasonable price, simply click the button below.
Common features of North Face Surge vs Borealis
These daypacks share some specialties in common. Now let’s identify the top common features of these two beautiful backpacks.
- Women-specific versions of those packs are available in the market.
- The Flexvent suspension system.
- 360-degree reflective loop and removable waist belts.
- Lifetime replacement warranty benefit.
- Large, well-decorated main section for binders and books.
Other Specifications Chart
|Specifications||North Face Surge||North Face Borealis|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Dimensions||20 in. x 13.25 in. x 10.50 in.||19.75 in. x 13.25 in. x 9.75 in.|
|Weight measurement||3 Lbs 2.8 Oz||2 Lbs 11 Oz|
|Storage||31 liters||28 liters|
|Manufacturing fabric||500D Nylon Oxford, 420 D Nylon, 210D Nylon Ripstop||600D Polyester, 500D Nylon, 420D Nylon, 210D Nylon Ripstop|
|Laptop sleeve||17 inches||15 inches|
|Tablet sleeve||Well decorated||Simple|
|Sizes||One fixed size||One fixed size|
Features and Benefits of North Face Surge and North Face Borealis
Style and design
North Face Surge is one of the most gorgeous designed daypacks ever. The gorgeous outlook and well-decorated internal compartments look so fabulous.
However, the Borealis is also a good bag. But you must admire the well internal compartments of the Surge to get the upper hand here.
According to dimension, the Surge is the bigger one. It has a dimension of 20 in. x 13.25 in. x 10.50 inches. That’s why all the internal pockets are wide enough.
On the other side, the Borealis comes in slightly smaller dimensions of 19.75 in. x 13.25 in. x 9.75 inches. Therefore, the internal pockets of this bag are quite a bit narrow. Many users don’t like these narrow shapes.
Weight and storage
The Surge is slightly heavier among these bags. However, this pack offers greater capacity than the Borealis. The storage capacity of the Surge is 31 liters, which is perfect for a daypack.
The Borealis can carry 28 liters at its highest standard. However, his pack is slightly lighter in the weight section. Users mainly prefer large-capacity daypacks.
Because a large capacity day pack can hold more accessories, the Surge quickly gets in front of the public’s desired daypack.
Both these packs are made with quite similar fabric. There is a mixer of nylon and ripstop nylon fabric. The Surge is made with a mixer of 500D Nylon Oxford, 420 D Nylon, and 210D Nylon Ripstop fabric.
Simultaneously, the Borealis is made with a mixed fabric of 600D Polyester, 500D Nylon, 420D Nylon, and 210D Nylon Ripstop.
The Surge has many sleeves and pockets. The laptop sleeve is 17 inches. The most great point of this one is the direct access to its main compartment.
The tablet sleeve is also attached to the main compartment. The Borealis also has a large space in its main compartment. But the laptop sleeve of this pack is a little bit small.
And the tablet sleeve is not that good. This pack has a well-built and very useful bungee system on its upper panel.
Warranty and durability
Both these packs come with a whole-life exchangeable guarantee clause. That’s why the users get more flexibility in using these packs. The essential positive quality of these products is their durability.
Both these bags are very durable and have the long-lasting capability. After years of use, this product will not lose its shape and color.
So, after the comparison, we have already identified the better one. That’s why my recommendation is the North Face Surge. But in case of a shortage of money, you can consider the Borealis.
Frequently Asked Questions about the North Face Surge and Borealis
|Question: Can I get this one in a different color option?
Answer: Yes, this pack comes in various gorgeous colors. The primary color of this pack is Navy and meld gray.
Question: Can I make international Airline travel with this pack?
Answer: Yes, with the large storage capacity, this pack easily fits into any airline. So, you can make international travels with this pack.
Question: Explain the ventilation process of this pack.
Answer: You will get a high-quality ventilation system with this one. It has used the reported flex vent suspension system. The air passing ability of this system is so high.
Question: Can I replace my old North Face Surge pack?
Answer: Yes, this pack comes with a whole-life replacement guarantee. But just keep in mind, you must meet the eligibility to replace this pack.
Question: Will it be fittable in my short body structure?
Answer: Yes, this pack will easily fit your body. This pack comes with a fixed size for all. However, you will get adjustable shoulder straps and sternum to make this pack fit according to your body. Moreover, the removable waist belts come in handy in this situation.
Check out more comparison articles about backpack
- North Face Router vs Surge
- North Face Vault vs Jester
- Osprey Farpoint 40 vs 55
- North Face Recon vs Borealis
- North face jester vs Borealis
- Osprey porter 30 vs 46
- Md. Mehedi Hasan has 2 years of experience in the backpack industry. He is dedicated to helping people to choose different types of backpacks. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Backpack2022.08.31North Face Surge vs Borealis – Pick the most dependable one!
- Backpack2022.08.21North Face Vault vs Jester – Which one is the Right Choice?
- Backpack2022.08.20Osprey Talon 22 vs Stratos 24 – Why you should pick Stratos 24?
- Backpack2022.08.16North Face Router vs Surge – Which Backpack Is the Best & Why?