If you are looking for the best VR gaming headset between Oculus Quest VS Rift, we recommend selecting Oculus Quest. It comes with some new updated functions and features. Check below its features.
Why should you choose the Oculus Quest?
- Oculus Quest is 4.57 pounds, while the Rift S is 8.8pounds. So, it is lightweight, also, the device is travel-friendly.
- This device comes with a powerful battery unit of 3640mah which provides you a 3-hour backup depending on usage. Besides, the Rift can last for 2 hours.
- Any android user can use it easily. Besides, its competitor can not run with android smartphones, so you need a pc to run this device.
- This device has an insight tracking system that converts your movement among the VR except for any sensor. On the other hand, the Rift has some tracking issues. On the running game, it will get stuck like it freezes your hand. Oculus team tries to improve their tracking system on Rift.
- There is no screen door effect on Oculus Quest. Besides, other devices do not reduce their screen door effect, its colors washed out, and immersive breaking pixelation.
- It has a built-in audio sound system. Also, the sound system is extremely loud and provides ambient sound. You don’t need any additional headphones. In contrast, Rift audio is just mediocre, and the sound is so loud that other people also heard you which is very uncomfortable.
After reading all of these features and benefits, it is clear to you why I suggest the Oculus Quest.
- Both have built-in sound systems.
- The headsets have an OLED display.
- These headsets screen size is 7.
- They have two touch controllers.
- Oculus Quest and Rift set up the process so quickly. However, you are at home or somewhere new, and Oculus works with your environment and movement.
|Editors Rating||4.7 out of 5 rating||4.1 out of 5 rating|
|Weight||4.57 pounds||8.8 pounds|
|Battery Life||3 hours||2 hours|
|Controller type||Touchpad control||Touch motion-tracked controller|
|Ram||6 GB||8 GB|
|USB ports||1x USB 3.0||1x USB 3.0|
|Audio||Integrated, in-strap||Integrated over-ear headphones and microphone|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between Oculus Quest and Rift
It is an updated version of Oculus Rift. Both are stylish and easy to set up. Quest is more comfortable than the Rift. Oculus Quest and Rift are wireless VR gaming systems. Oculus Quest’s sound system is very impressive, and it has an integrated sound system. It also has surround sound technology.
Oculus Quest is the most popular VR because of its powerful VR technology and powerful performance. Another side Oculus rift is an old model VR gaming set. Rift is a pc or windows version VR gaming headset, but oculus quest gives you an android version. All people like it because of the android version.
Oculus Quest has a 3640 mAh lithium battery, which gives you 3 hours backup. This battery remains at 3.6 volts and gives the best performance.
Oculus Rift also has a rechargeable battery that provides you a 2-hour backup. If we judge in the battery unit, the oculus quest is better than the oculus rift because of the battery backup time.
If we come to the weight, then Oculus Quest is more light than the Rift. Oculus Quest’s weight is 4.57 pounds, and the Rift weight is 8.8 pounds. For the lightweight, you can easily carry oculus quests for your VR gaming.
If we judge both products basis on weight, then I will suggest you choose Oculus Quest.
Oculus controllers precisely recreate your hands, gestures, and interaction, so every game is real and easy to touch. You can control Oculus Quest by using touchpad control. But Oculus Rift is controlled by touch motion-tracked control.
Oculus Quest is an android based gaming virtual gadget, also the oculus quest controller is too comfortable for use for a long time.
It is the most durable and long-lasting rather than an oculus rift the oculus material is a matte finish and shines like something futuristic and genuine. Oculus Quest is very stable, and also the battery section is highly improved.
Rift is almost the same as Oculus Quest but not the exact, some features are very useful, and some are not, Oculus Rift is also high durability, and you can use them for a long time.
This device is based on the Android platform, which is a great and more usable feature, and you can use it daily, access it, and be more helpful in having android. Their android platform store is more updated, and you can find any games there, and you have more variation on it, need to have the same recommendation requirement specifications.
On the other hand, Oculus Rift is based on the Windows platform. This is also a very highly recommended platform for VR because windows game store updated, and you can also find content for your VR, so it depends on your need, which platform you want to go for.
With this device, you will get an original VR gaming headset, and you don’t need a pc, no wire, and no limitation. Enjoy your virtual reality gaming world. For the Rift, you can buy Oculus sensors, Oculus remote, which enhance your experience with Rift.
These devices have a 1-year worldwide warranty from the purchase date. If you buy from the EU, you can get a 2-year warranty if your product is defective and have software problems to replace it within a short time. When you find any problem with your product, visit the Oculus support site and tell them your problem, they will provide a warranty facility according to your warranty functionality. Oculus does not offer a warranty facility for any damage issue or accidental and physical damages issue for this problem.
I hope you find all information about these products, but we recommend this product because it has much more features and better display quality, if you don’t have any budget issues, then go for oculus quest. On the other hand, oculus rift is a superior product, and it’s also a value-for-money product.
Frequently Asked Important Questions About the Oculus Quest and Rift
|How long is the battery life of Oculus Quest?|
Oculus Quest has 3 hours battery life and depends on uses like brightness and sound volume as well.
Oculus Quest does have cinema mode or any options for video?
Yes, there is a built-in video feather, and you can download multiple video apps for playing your video.
Oculus Rift graphics quality is good?
Oculus has a higher resolution display, and it gives you a high frame rate as always rather than Rift, but still, it’s an excellent graphics quality.
Does Oculus Quest have an option to plug external headphones?
Yes, you can use any external headphones. It has a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Oculus Rift does support steam, or is it work for steam?
Yes, It works with steam. Oculus Rift supports steam and steam features as well, and you can download VR games from steam for Oculus Rift.
Does Oculus Rift work on Xbox One?
No, it doesn’t work on Xbox. But you can use steam for that. But New Xbox one streamed to the Rift app through the connection to your Xbox one using your home network.
Check related more virtual headsets comparison here.