Oculus Rift S and Htc Vive both have some outstanding features that give you a great VR experience. If you are confused to pick the best one between them, then We highly suggest Htc Vive.
Why We Suggest Htc Vive?
- Htc Vive has a flexible play area that allows playing the game with this VR by seating, standing, or make a room-scale play area. Moreover, Stream VR tracking gives you the most ideal experience. In contrast, Oculus Rift S has no fixable play area, so it’s lost this tracking area. Thus, it happens when this device takes off to check something.
- With this device, you will get a 360-degree controller and excellent headset that provide you realistic graphics, directional audio, and HD haptic feedback. Even, your movement throws and grabs show up in VR with an intuitive and realistic form. As a result, you enjoy more by using Htc Vive controllers. On the contrary, Oculus Rift S gives you Oculus one-touch controller that isn’t much great.
- This device gives you full safety in your playtime. It has a chaperone system that warns you when you touch the boundaries of your play area. The headset front camera gives you glimpses of the real world when you have necessary this. On the other hand, Rift S has no such system, so it does not give you full protection during playtime.
- In this VR, you will go through an immersive, cinematic video player 3D, 180 degrees, and 360-degree video save on your computer. On the other side, Oculus Rift S uses next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Its video quality is not as good as Vive.
- If we talk about the headset, then Htc Vive has adjustable straps, interchangeable inserts. This device has a front camera and fits most glasses.
Htc Vive and Oculus Rift S come with totally different stages. Htc Vive gives you the most impressive new feature we suggest you go for HTC Vive.
- They give you one pair of touch controllers that provides unrivaled accuracy & precision in your VR.
- Their compatible device is a personal computer.
- Both devices come in black color.
|Specification||Oculus Rift S||Htc Vive|
|Editors Rating||4.4 out of 5 rating||4.7 out of 5 rating|
|Platform||Oculus||Stream VR, Windows|
|Controller||Oculus touch controllers||Button control|
|Connector Type||Display port||Button control|
|Battery Life||AA Batteries required||6 hours per charge|
|USB port||1 x USB 3.0||1 x USB 2.0 or better port|
|Refresh rate||80 Hz||90Hz|
|Tracking||Insight tracking||SteamVR Tracking|
|Weight||1.87 pounds||400 grams|
|Warranty||1 Year||12 Months|
Differences and Similarities of Oculus Rift S and Htc Vive
It has a fully impressive design. A headset has adjustable straps and interchangeable inserts. It has a front-facing camera. This device design with eye relief adjustments, and it gets more glasses. The controllers exclusively design for VR. It has intuitive control and HD haptic feedback. This device also gives you a base station that has 360-degree tracking play area coverage. This base station is also wireless.
On the other side, Oculus Rift S has an ergonomic design. Halo headband redesigns it with speed in mind. It will give you a faster response, and this device is more comfortable to use. If you judge both devices based on design, then you should go for Htc Vive.
Htc Vive controller exclusively made for VR. It will give you a 360-degree controller, which offers you intuitional control and posture. On the other hand, Rift S gives you oculus touch control which is an update by Oculus. Your movement, your slash, throw everything visible in VR, which provides you with a realistic, intuitive feel.
It gives you an extra two base stations, which provides you 360-degree play area sound coverage, wireless syncing. This base station gives you the best virtual sound experience. Besides, Oculus Rift S has a built-in audio sound system. which provides you with the best audio sound quality.
Oculus Rift S gives an insight tracking process. No matter which way you face, it translates your VR movement and provides you room-scale tracking. In this device, you don’t need any exotic sensors.
Htc Vive gives you headset tracking with an original graphic, and it also gives you haptic feedback in the virtual world.
This device provides you an immersive standard VR video player,3d,180 ad 360-degree video can be saved on your computer. Rift S also gives you a good quality video player. But if we judge them on resolution, then Htc Vive is better for your eyes.
Htc Vive adds a new system in their VR. The Chaperone system gives a warning before you touch the boundaries of the play area. The headset has a font that offers glimpses of our real world. On the other hand, Rift S has no safer play system. But they opt for their optic system, which keeps your eye-safe.
Its weight is lighter than Oculus Rift S. Its weight is 400 grams, and rift s weight is 1.87 pounds. Now you can judge them well which one is best for carrying in travel.
For Htc Vive-
- choose a room with free space for easy movement.
- Choose a place for the base station.
- Connect the base station and check the audio system.
- Install link box and headset.
- Set your headset and turn on the controller
- Download stream VR and follow the instructions.
- Enjoy the VR gaming experience.
For Oculus Rift S-
- 1st you have to download Oculus Rift software
- Download the Oculus app and install it
- Read the instructions and set your device.
For Htc Vive:-
Graphics- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480, equivalent or better.
Processor- Intel® Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better
Ram- 4GB or more
For Oculus Rift S:-
Graphics-NVIDIA® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480 or greater
CPU- Intel i3 6100 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
With your Htc Vive, you will get –
- A headset
- One face cushion
- Two wireless controllers
- Two base station
- 3 in one cable
- Link box
- Cable, chargers.
- Code to redeem free content
- Free trial to VIVEPORT Subscription
Oculus Rift S give you-
- VR headset
- pair of touch controllers
- 5-meter headset cable
- Mini DisplayPort
- Display port adaptor
Oculus gives you one year warranty from the purchase date. It’s for the worldwide. You can purchase this device from Europe, then you will get two years warranty. If you face any damage situation with your product, then you can contract with an oculus helpline.
On the other site, Htc Vive gives you a 12-month warranty. If you face any damage problems, then call the Vive help center.
These two are perfect VR gaming headsets. But we suggest you select the Htc Vive. Since it has unique features missing in oculus rift s, it ensures you give a perfect experience in virtual reality games. Otherwise, the Rift S is also the best choice.
Frequently Asked Question about Oculus Rift S and Htc Vive
|Does this headset come with a base station?|
Yes, Htc Vive gives you two base stations. By manufacture of 2020. Just set this base station proper place.
Can I use them with glasses?
Yes, you can adjust the lens distance from your face by using the two gey adjustments. You need to make sure that it adjusts well enough away from your glasses. Otherwise, you will break your glasses. But you can’t Adjust Oculus Rift S lenses.
What gives in the Htc box?
Is this device fit all?
Yes, children and adults both can use it. Straps are sized to fit, so they will be fit seven years old to 30-year-old peoples.
Is Htc Vive give any warranty?
Yes, Htc Vive gives you a twelve-month warranty from the date of buying the product. You can contact their site for the details.
Why do I need a starter kit?
You have to need this kit because if you purchase the headset alone, it will not come with the base station and a pair of controllers.
Read on more virtual headset comparisons from the below links.