Oculus Rift and Rift S have almost the same features, but still, they have some differences. If you notice them carefully, you can see some unique features at Oculus Rift S, and also, it is an updated VR. So Buywithme.org suggests you go for Oculus Rift S.
Why do I suggest Oculus Rift S?
- This device improved their optics system and reduced the screen door effect. On the Other hand, Rift is a backdated version, that’s why it’s not updating its optic system.
- It has upgraded its insight tracking system, which translates your movement on VR, with nothing to worry about which way you are facing. Hence, Oculus Rift has enabled a low-latency constellation tracking system.
- Oculus uses their updated arm controller on Rift S. Your pipe, grab and pitch show up in the VR in the realistic form and transporting your hand into the game. In contrast, Rift has a pair of controllers that provide innate hand presence in VR. You will feel like your virtual hand is almost real.
- It is lighter weight than Rift. So you can easily carry that device and enjoy it in any environment.
- You can get a top VR gaming library. Oculus Rift S lets you play a thousand games and exclusives available on the oculus site, and there are more to come. At the same time, Oculus Rift has a limited version game that depends on your PC recommendation space.
These are the new contents on Oculus Rift S that ensure your VR is more exclusive and more unique. So I think Oculus Rift S is more worth buying than Rift.
- They have Oculus touch controllers.
- Both devices are connected via Bluetooth.
- These devices have built-in audio sound systems.
- Both devices are made with an intelligent design that is light, adaptable, and comfortable.
- It needs to connect to the internet.
- Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S come with a one-year warranty.
|Specification||Oculus Rift||Rift S|
|Editors rating||4.2 out of 5 rating||4.4 out of 5 rating|
|Weight||8.8 pounds||1.87 pounds|
|Display Type||OLED||LCD (2560×1440)|
|Audio System||Built-in audio system||Built-in audio system|
|Battery||2 hour||2-3 hour|
|USB connector||Minimum 2 x USB 3.0||USB 1 x 3.0|
|Tracking||Outside in-6DOF||Inside in-6DOF|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
Differences and Similarities between Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S
Oculus Rift and Rift S both are good in design. Halo headband redesigns the Rift S with speed. This device design is so easy and comfortable to use for that’s why it takes double fast reaction. With this device, Oculus also designed two touch controllers.
On the other hand, Oculus Rift’s adaptable, pleasurable and outlook is so nice. It is designed is remarkable, just like the experience. With this device, you will get two sensors also.
Oculus Rift is based on the Windows operating system. On the other hand, Oculus Rift is based on the Android operating system, which is most useful for users. Also, the android platform is very popular for VR, and it has many more games in store.
Rift S is lighter in weight than Rift. Oculus Rift S weight is 1.87 pounds. It can be easily carried out anywhere. On the other hand, the Oculus Rift weighs 8.8 pounds. It is tough to carry in travel.
On the side of weight Oculus, Rift S is more suitable for carrying in travel. So, I think you should go for Oculus Rift S.
In the oculus rift s display type is a single fast LCD with a 2560 x 1440. Which is better for your eyes. Oculus also updated its optic system and also decreased the screen door effect. In Rift S, they also use next-generation lenses and sharper displays.
In contrast, oculus rift has advanced display technology combined with proper,low-latency, which enables the sensation of availability.
It’s more important what you hear than what you see. Both devices have built-in audio sound systems. Rift and Rift S complete sound system design to take VR plunge deeper than ever. So enjoy the oculus sound system and experience virtual reality.
On Rift S, they update their insight tracking system. It interprets your movement into VR no matter where you have been. This device produces your acceptable range without any sensor.
Hence, Oculus Rift has a pair of controllers that provide your hand existent in VR. You feel like that your actual hand goes into the VR.
In this device, you will get one headset, two touch controllers, two sensors. Sensors translate your movement into VR.
On the other hand, Oculus Rift S has some replacement accessories which can increase your VR level. With this device, you will get an impressive headset, two controllers, a 5-meter headset cable, a mini display port, and an adaptor.
At Oculus Rift needs:
- GPU: AMD R9 290 or NVIDIA GTX 970
- CPU: Intel i5 4590
- RAM: 8GB
At Oculus Rift S needs:
- GPU: AMD RX 480 or NVIDIA GTX 1060
- CPU: Intel i3 6100 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- RAM: 8GB
Oculus Rift has next-generation VR technology and gives you ultimate performances and viewing experiences.
Oculus Rift S is an updated version of Rift, so Rift s has all updated technology and the latest VR technology. Also, Rift S has an incredible display that is specially designed for VR.
Oculus Rift S has a more extensive game library than Rift, and it’s also updated daily to improve its quality to give you better gaming performances.
Oculus Rift S also has a top VR game library which is incredible for all VR gamers. Already there are hundreds of VR games and almost all games you can find in the Oculus store.
For setup, first, you need a smartphone and internet connection. it’s pretty easy to set up. You can also set this via the Oculus app.
- Download the Oculus app on your computer
- Select the device in your left menu, select the device name( Rift or Rift S), and click the full setup option.
- Read the full direction and follow them for the setup.
Oculus brand gives you a 1-year warranty. If you face any problem in this period of time, you can contact the oculus support side. They will provide you better service.
After reading all of these features, you can understand why Oculus Rift S is worth buying. Our review team suggests Oculus Rift S because it has all VR features according to our deep analysis and research.
Frequently asked essential questions about Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S.
|Do I need to pay for games?|
No, but you also have two options: one is paid games, and the other is free. Around start 20$ and the price depends on game quality.
Can I use Oculus Rift S anywhere in the world?
You can use Oculus Rift S anywhere in the world, and you need a PC that must have recommended specifications for running the VR.
Does this device have a microphone for communicating with people?
Yes, it has a built-in microphone both mounted under the VR. The sound system is impressive, and it provides a decent ambient sound quality.
Which is the best VR, Oculus Rift S or Oculus Rift?
Our analysis and proven experience review suggest Oculus Rift S because this is the updated version of Rift. So, Oculus Rift S comes with every feature of VR.
Can I use Oculus Rift s using a 2GB GPU?
Sorry to say NO. Oculus Rift S recommended specifications for GPU GTX 1060, but the minimum requirement is GTX 960 4GB.
You may have interest in similar comparisons.