The OnePlus 8T and Google Pixel 5 devices are mid-flagship smartphones. These two come with high-end features, but we suggest you invest in the OnePlus 8T.
Why do we suggest the OnePlus 8T?
- It has a Snapdragon 865 processor, which CPU speed is 3.1GHz gives the phone an extra boost while you are scrolling. Besides, the Pixel 5 combines with the Snapdragon 765G processor. Its speed is 2.2GHz. Thus, the OnePlus 8T will deliver better performance.
- This device comes with 12 GB RAM, in contrast, the rival ones include 8 GB RAM. Hence, it can render memory data faster than the other one.
- You will get 256 GB storage capacity so that you can store your favorite games or apps to everything in between in this phone. Pixel 5, by contrast, has 128 GB of internal storage. That’s why you can’t keep everything on this phone.
- The OnePlus 8T combines a 6.5 inches Full HD+ with a 120Hz refresh rate, making the device smoother for everyday use. By contrast, the Pixel 5 has a 6 inches FHD+ screen with a 90Hz refresh rate.
- This smartphone can capture brilliant images as it has a 48 MP main camera with a 16 MP front camera. Also, you can be swept to the 16 MP wide-angle mode. Whereas the Pixel 5 has a 12.2 MP main camera, and an 8 MP front camera.
- OnePlus 8T is built with a 4500 mAh battery, including a 65W fast charging feature. The device takes only 15 minutes to deliver the power for the whole day. While the Pixel 5 has a 4080 mAh battery with an 18W fast charging. But it takes 30 minutes to charge only 50%.
The OnePlus 8T smartphone is built with these fantastic features, which make it a beast. That’s why you should choose this device rather than the Pixel 5.
- The Google Pixel 5 and OnePlus 8T are 5G compatible devices. Thus, it will take your internet speed to another level than before.
- They have an excellent fingerprint sensor feature, so you can open the phone quickly.
- Both have an Android 11 OS version, which improves the security system and enhances performance.
OnePlus 8T vs Pixel 5: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||OnePlus 8T||Google Pixel 5|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Processor||Snapdragon 865||Snapdragon 765G|
|RAM||12 GB||8 GB|
|Storage||256 GB||128 GB|
|Battery||4500 mAh||4,080 mAh|
|Fast Charging||Yes, 65W||Yes, 18W|
|Display Size||6.55 inches FHD+||6 inches FHD+|
|Rear Camera||48 MP||12.2 MP|
|Front Camera||16 MP||8 MP|
|Operating System||Android 11||Android 11|
|Size||9.72 x 3.82 x 2.13 inches||5.7 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||1 pound||13.4 ounces|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities between the Google Pixel 5 and OnePlus 8T
You will get the best performance on the OnePlus 8T device because it is integrated with the Snapdragon 865 processor. Its CPU speed is 3.1GHz, so your device will perform like a beast. In addition, it ensures the phone loads data quicker than any standard phone. Also, the processor makes it a perfect device for games.
In contrast, Google Pixel 5 has a Snapdragon 765G processor, and its CPU speed is 2.2GHz. It also gives you better performance but is slightly slower than the OnePlus 8T. So, if you want to get the best performance, then grab the OnePlus 8T.
Both the OnePlus 8T and Google Pixel 5 smartphones are equipped with the Android 11 OS version. It helps in loading data quicker. Also, OS 11 enhances the device’s security. In addition, it gives you faster control over the phone which is very convenient.
The OnePlus 8T can give you longer battery life with a minimal charge when it comes to battery life. That’s because it has a 65W fast charging feature, so the device takes only 15 minutes to deliver you the power for the whole day. Furthermore, it has a 4500 mAh battery which lets you use the device for up to 48 hours on a single charge.
Google Pixel 5, on the other hand, has a 4080 mAh battery life. So it can last for 24 hours on a charge. In comparison, the 15W fast charger takes 30 minutes to charge up the device 50%. Since the OnePlus 8T has a better battery life, it is going to be your best bet.
Google Pixel 5 comes with 8 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage. However, the memory capacity is not always convenient because you cannot store all the files. But the Pixel device allows you to store files in the Google Drive folder.
The OnePlus 8T is built with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage. Thus, you will get massive storage on this phone. Moreover, it can read memory data also load data quicker. However, the OnePlus 8T gives you better storage, so you can store all of your favorite apps or games in it.
You can capture brilliant images with the OnePlus 8T device because it has a 48 MP main camera, including a 16 MP front camera. While the Pixel 5 has a 12 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera. Both devices can click awesome photos in low light. They can take DSLR quality portraits too. But the OnePlus 8T is better than the Pixel 5, so you should consider this phone.
The OnePlus 8T has a 6.5 inches FHD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate, which makes this device very responsive and gives a smooth performance. At the same time, the Pixel 5 has 6 inches FHD+ display and has a 90Hz refresh rate. As the OnePlus has a better refresh rate so you can use this device conveniently.
Both support a 5G network which takes the internet speed to the next level. It gives an extra boost to your mobile while surfing the internet. In addition, the 5G network lets you play the intensive game, watch HD videos or download a movie within seconds.
The OnePlus offers a one-year limited warranty, while the Pixel has two years. In addition, they deliver a 30-days return policy. Anyhow, if you damage any part, then the warranty won’t count it. But if the product has any defects then you can claim the warranty.
You won’t purchase a smartphone frequently, so you should make the decision wisely. Here, the OnePlus 8T is a great phone compared to the Google Pixel 5. Thus you can invest in this device. But if you want to get a Google phone, then go with the Pixel 5 device.
Frequently Asked Questions about OnePlus 8T and Google Pixel 5
Do they have dual SIM?
Yes, both OnePlus 8T and Pixel 5 devices are built with dual SIM slots.
Can I add an SD card to the OnePlus 8T?
Unfortunately, none of the OnePlus or Pixel phones have an SD card slot.
Can I use the Pixel 5 in Honduras?
Sure, the device is unlocked, so you can use it outside of the USA.
What is the battery mAh of them?
The OnePlus 8T has a 4500 mAh battery, in contrast, the Pixel 5 combines a 4080 mAh battery.
Do they offer a warranty?
Yes, the Google Pixel 5 has a two years warranty. On the other hand, the OnePlus 8T combines a one-year warranty.
Find out related articles from the below links –