Why is Osprey Farpoint 55 the best?
- The Farpoint 55 has a capacity of 55 liters. While the Farpoint 40 only allows 40 liters on it. And the laptop compartment is also a larger one, compared to Osprey Farpoint 40.
- For long travel or weekend tours, large backpacks are very suitable. The Osprey Farpoint 55 has a lighter weight of 3.9 lbs. But the Osprey Farpoint 40 is slightly lightweight but not larger capacity compared to this one.
- The Osprey Farpoint 55 can easily fit into any airline. It has a remarkable fit ability along with a large capacity. On the other hand, the Farpoint 40 is also very fit but quite a small one.
- The Osprey Farpoint 40 offers you an extremely mini daypack, which is not enough. But the daypack of Farpoint 55 is more decorated.
The Farpoint 55 seems to have more gorgeous, excellent, and more essential features in every compartment. If you want to get any of these backpacks of Osprey at a lower price? Go through the button below and choose your best one.
|Specifications||Osprey Farpoint 40||Osprey Farpoint 55|
|Dimensions||21 H x 14 W x 9 D inches||25 H x 13 W x 12 D inches|
|Capacity||40 liters||55 liters (Extra 15 liters)|
|Weight||medium : 3.17 lbs||heavy: 3.9 lbs|
|Daypack||Very small||Well decorated one|
|Fittablity||It fits into all airline||Quite a fit able one|
|Direct access to the main compartment||Yes||Yes|
|Main fabric||210 D is astonishing nylon made mini Diamond Ripstop||210 D is astonishing nylon made mini Diamond Ripstop|
Comparison of features between Osprey Farpoint 40 and Osprey Farpoint 55
The Farpoint 55 comes with a large capacity for the weekend tour. Several times this bag has been considered the best travel bag ever made. The Farpoint 55 gives you a capacity of 55 liters. On the other hand, the Farpoint 40 comes with only 40 liters. That is not enough space for long travels.
The weight of the bag is not a very important issue. In the case of long traveling, you may have to carry the bag for quite a longer period on your back. Travelers have one thing in mind to carry as much as possible. Both these packs have quite a similar weight. The Osprey Farpoint 50 is the more heavy one. Also, it allows large capacity. So, the extra weight really doesn’t bother users a lot.
People often have weekend tours by Airlines. So, your backpack must fit into any airline very easily. The Farpoint 55has a fittable size in any airline. And that is an essential ability to have with your bag. On the other hand, the Osprey 40 sometimes gets fitted in all kinds of airlines very easily. If you remove the daypack from the 55, it will easily fit into all kinds of Airlines.
Both of these backpacks come with an extra daypack facility. The daypack of Osprey Farpoint 40 is quite a smaller one. It can take all the important accessories, and it is quite good too. But the Osprey Farpoint 55 comes with a more decorated day pack. It has a laptop sleeve of 15 inches, which is quite admirable.
Lockable sliders are fixed for the safety of the main compartment. Osprey-made backpacks are popular for safety and security. So, don’t think about safety. In fact, both of these bags have enough safety protection.
The laptop and the tablet space also have a lockable secured sleeve in it. It’s important having a secured sleeve on your bags. I don’t want to lose your laptop or tablet in any way.
The main fabric, 210 D nylon mini hex, was used to manufacture these bags. The fabric lasts so long and has the ability not to lose shape for any rough use. So, there is no question of durability. In fact, the Osprey brand has a good reputation for providing durable backpacks.
All the Osprey traveling packs have a repairable warranty clause. That gives users more flexibility and mobility in terms of using purpose. Moreover, you can still use these backpacks for many years without having any problems.
Frequently asked questions about Osprey Farpoint 55 backpack
|Question: Does this bag have an extra daypack?
Answer: yes, Osprey Farpoint 55has an extra daypack in it. It is quite small and pretty. You can put your emergency accessories in it. The day pack is very well decorated and quite a handy one to have.
Question: Can I travel lower airplanes with it?
Answer: yes, this backpack easily fits into all kinds of airplanes. You will not get into any trouble with this one. Sometimes, you may need to remove the daypack in traveling on lower-class Airlines.
Question: Is this bag machine-washable?
Answer: yes. You can easily wash this pack on the washing machine. But don’t forget to use cold water and avoid hot water while washing.
Question: is this bag waterproof?
Answer: In terms of light rain or water, this pack will be protected. But in terms of heavy rain, you have to use the rain cover.
Question: Does this pack have a laptop space?
Answer: Yes, you can easily fit 17 inches of a laptop in it. This laptop sleeve also has extra security protection.
Check some more backpack comparison here:
- Osprey Daylite vs Daylite plus
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Farpoint 40
- Osprey talon 22 vs Stratos 24
- osprey atmos 50 vs 65
- Osprey aura 50 vs 65
- North Face Jester vs Recon
Fahad Hasan is the author of Guidestofit.com & he has been working in the fitness industry for the last 6 years. He is dedicated to helping people to fix & choose fitness equipment. His greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people to get the best equipment for their needs under their budget.
Click the below links to find him on social media
- Nordictrack Bike2022.10.26NordicTrack S15i vs S22i – Check Why NordicTrack S22i is Best!
- Home Gym Machine2022.09.08Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2 – Check what makes Xtreme 2 Better!
- Air purifuer2022.08.31Dyson AM11 vs TP02 – What’s the main difference between them?
- Jacket2022.08.31Apex Bionic vs Apex Risor – Which one is Comfortable & Fittest?