Osprey Poco Premium and Plus baby carrier gives you the freedom to explore local trails to make everyday tasks easier. But in terms of choosing one, this is not easy. Hence, I share the major feature differences of them for your consideration.
What Are the Differences Between Osprey Poco Premium vs Plus?
|Osprey Poco Premium||Osprey Poco Plus|
|Osprey Poco Premiums’ capacity is 34 liters.||Osprey Poco Plus’s capacity is 26 liters.|
|It has an AG suspension.||It has no AG suspension.|
|The Premium has a Removable day pack.||The Plus doesn’t combine with a Removable day pack.|
|This baby carrier has a Diaper changing pad.||This baby car seat doesn’t include a diaper changing pad.|
|Check Premium Price at Amazon||Check Plus Price at Amazon|
Why Osprey Poco Premium is Best?
- You will get a removable day pack with Osprey Poco Premium, which is advantageous for hiking purposes. On the opposite side, Osprey Poco Plus doesn’t offer this exclusive feature.
- Poco Premium possesses a capacity of 34 liters. That is a perfect holding capacity for long hiking purposes. But Osprey plus has a capacity of 26 liters, which is only capable of short day tours.
- Osprey Poco premium has an anti-gravity suspension system. Therefore, carrying this bag will not harm your back and shoulder. At the same time, Poco plus doesn’t have this feature. So, it is slightly uncomfortable.
- This carrier comes in a larger dimension compared to Poco Plus. Therefore, Osprey Poco Premium compartments are larger than Poco Plus.
- The ventilation system of Poco Premium is far better than Poco Plus. Also, the manufactured fabrics are very standard to Poco plus. Therefore, Osprey premium is very soft and a perfect suit for hiking and other activities.
From the features mentioned earlier, it is pretty clear that the Osprey Poco Premium is the best option between these two.
Similar Features of Osprey Poco Premium vs Plus
- Osprey Poco Premium and Osprey Poco Plus come with a high-quality ventilation system, which will keep you sweat-free.
- They are aluminum metal made with a very lightweight body frame, which also ensures ultimate durability.
- A big compartment under the back panel offers enough storage to keep the child’s essentials and other necessary items.
- Their dual stretch mesh pockets on the side of the cockpits allow you to put toys and bottles near the child.
Other Specifications Chart of Osprey Poco Premium vs Plus
|Specifications||Osprey Poco Premium||Osprey Poco Plus|
|Editor’s rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimensions||27H X 13W X 12D in. (without the daypack)||28.74H X 15.75W X 18.9D IN|
|Product weight||7 LBS.||7.89 LBS.|
|Gear capacity||34 liters||26 liters|
|Main fabric||Ripstop nylon/polyester||210D Nylon Diamond|
|Load range||23.89-48.5 lbs.||23-48.5 lbs|
Features and Benefits of Osprey Poco Premium vs Plus
Both these carriers come with a similar range of dimensions. The main difference is the removable day pack from Osprey Poco premium. This carrier has a dimension of 27H X 13W X 12D. Without considering the size of that removable daypack. Simultaneously, the Osprey Poco plus comes in dimensions of 28.74H X 15.75W X 18.9D IN.
I would say Osprey Poco premium gets well ahead of Osprey Poco plus in this section. The Poco premium comes in a loading capacity of 34 liters, which is entirely satisfactory for long-term hiking purposes. On the opposite side, the Osprey Poco plus comes in a capacity of 26 liters, which seems a perfect fit for short-day hiking activities.
The Osprey Poco Premium is made with high-quality ripstop nylon fabric. Therefore, this carrier is so soft and very comfortable to use. In comparison, the Poco Plus is made with 210D nylon Diamond fabric, which is still good.
But not that much quality full like the Osprey Poco premium. Therefore, my first preference is the Osprey Poco premium. Both these carriers have been made with aluminum fabric. Therefore, they are very lightweight and very comfortable to carry.
Poco premium has the most valuable features of Osprey hiking carriers. Such as the removable day pack for the benefit of the users. You can carry your baby on this day pack without taking the full cargo with you.
Another great feature of this carrier has the anti-gravity suspension system. This feature takes away all the weight off your shoulder. Therefore, carrying this carrier will not cause any harm to anyone. Also, you may not feel any weight on your shoulders.
You will also get a diaper changing pad on this carrier, which is very useful to the users. All these unique features have made this carrier an extraordinary one to carry.
But you will get some typical specialties of these carriers also. Such as the adjustable torso system. Which is a nice feature to have. Both of them are very capable of providing you with a high-quality ventilation system.
Durability and warranty
For these fantastic manufactured materials, these two carriers have become very durable. According to users’ reviews, these carriers’ durability is quite standard. Moreover, you will get a lifetime repairable warranty clause with both these carriers.
It is quite evident that the Osprey Poco Premium is the most suitable of these two. Besides, it is the most well-organized hiking baby carrier available on the market. But the Osprey Poco plus can be an excellent option for a cheap budget. These carriers mainly belong to two different series of Osprey hiking child carriers. So, go to the one which is more beneficial to you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Osprey Poco Premium vs Plus
Question: Which one comes with a larger carrying capacity?
Answer: The Osprey Poco premium has the largest carrying capacity. This carrier comes in a capacity of 34 liters. Which is the most of all the hiking carries of Osprey.
Question: Can I get a built-in sunshade with Osprey Poco plus?
Answer: Yes, this carrier offers a spectacular built-in sunshade. Adding a rain cover can also protect your baby from rain. But the sunshade of the Poco Premium is the nicest one.
Question: Can I get the AG version Osprey Poco premium carrier?
Answer: Yes, the anti-gravity version of Osprey Poco is available in the market. Which is a magnificent carrier for hiking. This unique AG feature takes away all the weight from your shoulder.
Question: Which one is the most lightweight of these two?
Answer: the Osprey Poco premium is the most lightweight of these two. Besides, it offers an anti-gravity suspension system. If you remove the daypack from this carrier, then the weight feels less.
Question: I am a woman; which one should I pick?
Answer: As both these carriers arrive in a unisex version. That is why you can take any of them, and they will not find any women-specific version from Osprey.
Question: Which item is extra suitable for long touring hiking purposes?
Answer: The Osprey Poco premium has an exclusive removable day pack. Moreover, you will find many essential pockets in this carrier. So, it is the perfect fit long term hiking purposes.
Read more comparison articles about baby carriers in the following.
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.10.25Breville Barista Pro vs Express – See why Barista Pro is Better?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs Baratza Encore – Which one to pick?
- coffee grinders2022.08.31Baratza Sette 30 vs 270 – Choose Baratza Sette 270 & Why?
- Baby Car Seat2022.08.30Chicco Nextfit vs Graco Extend2fit – Check why Nextfit is Better!