What features made the Osprey Porter 46 Better?
- The major difference is the capacity of these begs. The Osprey Porter comes with a larger capacity of 46 liters. While the Osprey Porter provides only 30 liters of capacity with it.
- These two backpacks come in two different dimensions. The Osprey Porter has a larger dimension of 22’’ x 14’’ x 11’’. On the other hand, the Osprey Porter comes with a smaller dimension of 19.5’’ x 13’’ x 10’’.
- The laptop sleeve of these two backpacks is also said to be the same. But in reality, Osprey porter 30 comes with a fixed space of 15 inches. However, the Osprey 46 allows you an extended space for a 17’’ laptop.
- The main compartment of Osprey Porter 46 has direct access through a large panel lockable zip, which is a convenient feature. But the main compartment of the Osprey Porter is 30 smaller than this and also doesn’t allow any direct access to it.
- The durability of Osprey Porter 46 is pretty high. Because this backpack was manufactured with 420 denier nylon. The Osprey Porter 30 is also manufactured with the same fabric. Depending upon the different dimensions, the Osprey Porter 46 is more durable.
The above-mentioned differences are going very much in favor of the Osprey Porter 46. Now, if you want to have the best deal on these products, just go through the button below.
|Specifications||Osprey Porter46||Osprey Porter 30|
|Dimensions||Larger dimension: 22 inches x 14 inches x 9 inches||Smaller dimension: 19.5 inches x 13 inches x 10 inches|
|Capacity||Larger capacity: 46 liters||Medium capacity: 30 liters|
|Weight measurement||3.4 lbs (1.5 kg)||2.8 lbs (1.3 kg)|
|Main Fabric||Manufactured with 420D Ripstop Nylon||Manufactured with 420D Nylon Packcloth|
|Laptop sleeve||15.6 inches. It can be extended into 17 inches laptop space||Fixed 15.6 inches.|
|Buckles||Larger buckles||Smaller buckles|
|Warranty||Yes (Replacement)||Yes (Reparebale)|
|Origin||Manufactured: Vietnam||Manufactured: Vietnam|
Comparison of features between Osprey Porter 30 and Osprey Porter 46
Dimension and Proportion
The Osprey Porter 46 comes with a large size and dimension. This bag’s dimensions are 22 inches x 14 inches x 11 inches (56 x 36 x 28 cm). It allows larger space in every compartment. While the Osprey 30 has a dimension of 19 inches x 13 inches x 10 inches. That means this bag is quite smaller in size and shape compared to Osprey Porter 46.
The Osprey Porter 46 comes with a larger capacity of holding at least 46 liters. The capacity looks pretty convincing for traveling purposes. But the Osprey Porter 30 has the ability of only 30 liters. Sometimes you want a larger capacity for a long tour. This backpack seems to be a pretty incapable one for long tours.
The Osprey Porter 46 comes with an extended laptop sleeve. This sleeve can be extended from 15.6 inches to almost 17 inches, which is capable of carrying larger laptops in it. On the other hand, Osprey Porter 30 doesn’t have this extended feature of the sleeve. It only has a fixed laptop sleeve of 15.6 inches.
If you fill up the Osprey porter 46, you can’t carry it on lower-budget airlines. It’s worth mentioning that if you take fewer things on this bag, It can be easily squashed down into a dimension of Osprey Porter 30. So, it allows flexibility in its dimension. Isn’t it pretty impressive?
The Osprey Porter weight 46 is 1.5 kilograms. But the Osprey Porter 30 comes with a weight of 1.3 kilograms. That doesn’t mean the Osprey Porter 46 is very heavy. For the large shape, this bag actually loses its weight while carrying. So, a slight difference in weight doesn’t reflect a bad impression on Osprey Porter 46. Moreover, the large dimension works in favor of it.
The Osprey 46 has an impressive zippered top accessory pocket, which is very easily accessible for liquids and other things. On the other hand, the Osprey Porter 30 doesn’t have this extraordinary feature.
The Osprey Porter 46 has large shoulder straps compared to Osprey Porter 30. Moreover, the shoulder straps are adjustable in nature.
All the backpacks of Osprey come with a replacement and repairable warranty. The Osprey Porter comes with a replacement warranty for a certain period. But the Osprey Porter 30 comes with a repairable warranty. So, users don’t need to be worried, and you can make the best use of these two backpacks.
All the above-mentioned features demonstrate the huge difference between these two backpacks in terms of size, capacity, and shape. In my opinion, the Osprey Porter 46 allows more impressive features in a very similar price tag.
Frequently asked questions about Osprey Porter 46 backpack
|Question: Will it be appropriate for a weekend tour?|
Answer: Yes, for a weekend tour, you must have a large bag. In comparison, the Osprey allows you larger compartments for your comfort.
Question: Can I carry on a lower-budget airline?
Answer: You can not carry the full bag on the airline. But if you take fewer things, this bag can be squeezed into a small shape. And very well fitted for lower budget airlines also.
Question: Describe the laptop sleeve of this bag?
Answer: The Osprey Porter comes with an extraordinary feature of an extended laptop sleeve. As a consequence of that, you can put 17 inches of laptop on this bag.
Question: What is the actual weight of this bag?
Answer: The actual weight of this bag is only 3.4 lbs or 1.5 kilograms. Which is still comparable enough for carrying on the back.
Question: Is this bag comfortable enough?
Answer: Yes, this is a very comfortable one. The foam-padded sidewalls and the straightjacket compression stabilizers protect the extra load, which is a handy feature.
Check some more backpack comparisons from below.
- Osprey talon 22 vs Stratos 24
- Osprey Porter 46 vs Farpoint 40
- Osprey atmos 50 vs 65
- Kelty redwing 44 vs 50
- Osprey Farpoint 40 vs 55
- North Face Jester vs Recon
- North Face Router vs Surge