Both of these backpacks are specially designed for hiking purposes. But compared to Talon 22 the Osprey Stratos 24 will be the best choice for hikers. Because it owns some handy features which can give you more comfort and flexibility. Let’s have a look at the features which has made the Osprey Stratos 34 better than Talon 22.
Why is Osprey Stratos 24 the best?
- The Osprey Stratos 24 has a large capacity of 24 liters while Talon 22 comes with only 22 liters. That means you will get a larger space to take all the accessories for your hiking with Stratos.
- Osprey Stratos 24 is made with 210D nylon crosshatch fabric. Which makes it a more durable hiking bag compared to any other packs in the market. But the main fabric of Osprey Talon is 70D x 100D nylon mini shadow brick. And it is not that durable.
- The back panel of Osprey Stratos 24 is known as the Airspeed ventilation process. which guarantees a smell-free back. On the other hand, the Talon 22 backpack offers an Airscape mesh back panel. Which is not impressive like Osprey 24.
- The Osprey Stratos 24 backpack offers you an internal hydration sleeve. The common system of hydration sleeves and very comfortable from the user’s point of view. But the Osprey Talon offers an External hydration sleeve system. It seems a complicated system.
- Osprey Stratos 24 has decided to include an integrated expensive rain cover. With a similar amount of price as the Osprey talon, 22 doesn’t offer you the rain cover.
- The extraordinary design of Osprey Stratos 24 gives you dual side stretched mesh pockets. But the Osprey Talon 22 doesn’t come with this handy feature.
Based on the above-mentioned difference, Osprey Stratos 24 backpack seems to be a pretty convincing one. Now if you wanna know the best price just go through the button below
|Specification||Osprey Stratos 24||Osprey Talon 22|
|Dimensions||A large dimension which is 20” x 11” x 11||A small dimension which is only 22″ x 12″ x 12.”|
|Weight||It comes with a large weight of 2.75 Lbs.||But this pack offers a lightweight of 1.79 Ibs.|
|Storage||Main compartment, and secondary compartment. Dual zippered access to the main compartment. Side stretched mesh pockets.||Main compartment and external compartment. But it does not offer side stretched pockets.|
|Tools||Integrated rain cover. Internal hydration reservoir sleeve||No integrated rain cover, external hydration reservoir sleeve|
|Basic Fabric||It comes with an exclusive 210D nylon crosshatch.||Made with 70D x 100D mini nylon shadow brick|
|Capacity||24 liters||22 liters|
|Load Range||10-25 Ibs||10-20 Ibs|
Comparison of features between Osprey Stratos 24 and Osprey Talon 22
The Osprey Stratos 24 comes with a very special design and impressive shape. Has specially designed side stretch mesh pockets. It also provides tow on a go trekking pole attachment. On the other hand, the Osprey 22 is also a standard one in size and shape. But doesn’t allow you to stretch mesh side pockets.
The Osprey Stratos 24 has a large capacity compared to Osprey Talon 22. The Osprey Stratos 24 provides a capacity of 24 liters. But the Osprey Talon 22 only has a capacity of 22 liters. For hiking purposes, a larger capacity backpack is preferable.
The Osprey Stratos 24 is made with 210D nylon crosshatch fabric, which is very capable for a long term use. Also, you can use it roughly and tension-free. On the other hand, the Osprey Stratos 22 is made with 70D x 100D mini nylon shadow brick fabric, which is still a good one. But you have to use it with more care and guard.
The Osprey Stratos 24 comes with some extraordinary features. The integrated rain cover of this pack is worth the money. Also, provide an integrated hydration reservoir sleeve. Users have found more comfort with these features of this bag. But the Osprey Talon 22 comes with an external hydration reservoir sleeve. Moreover, this pack doesn’t provide valuable rain cover with it. So, Osprey Stratos 24 seems to be a better choice.
The Osprey Stratos 24 weighs 2.75 Lbs. which is slightly higher than the Osprey Talon 22. For carrying a large weight, this bag comes in a large size.
Osprey Stratos 24 comes with an Airspeed ventilation process. It works to reduce the smell of sweat on your back. It also creates a room in between your back and the bag. So your back will be sweat-free, which is pretty cool. On the other hand, Osprey Talon 22 comes with an Airscape mesh pad on the back. This is still a good ventilation process. But it is far, far behind from the impressive ventilation process of Osprey Stratos 24.
All the Osprey backpack comes with a repairable warranty package. So, use the Osprey backpacks without having any tension.
For hiking, people want a large capacity backpack. So, if you compare all the features of these two backpacks, the Osprey Stratos 24 produces impressive features at a similar price value to the Osprey Talon 22.
In my opinion, Osprey Talon 22 can be an alternative to Osprey Stratos 24. But I must admit that the Osprey Stratos easily beats all other hiking packs with its extraordinary features.
Frequently asked questions about Osprey Stratos 24
|Question: Can I put a water bottle on it? |
Answer: This bag has specially designed water bottle holders on both sides of it. So, water bottles can be easily carried in this bag.
Question: Does it provide a rain cover?
Answers: Yes, the Osprey Stratos 24 is very popular for its rain cover. The rain cover is very expensive. But you will get this rain cover without any extra cost.
Question: Can you describe the durability of this bag?
Answer: Yes. This backpack is made with an exclusive 210D nylon crosshatch fabric. This fabric is very durable. You can use this bag also for rough use.
Question: Is it fittable under the seat of the Airline?
Answer: yes, this bag easily fits under the seat of the Airline. The full bag is also very much fittable in a narrow space.
Question: Can I carry a laptop on it?
Answer: Yes. This bag comes with a laptop space in its main section. You can carry 17’’ inches of laptop easily on this bag.
Question: What is the actual capacity of this bag?
Answer: This backpack has a large capacity of 24 liters. Having a large capacity is essential in the case of hiking. It’s a low budget pack with a large capacity.
Check some more backpack comparison from below.
- Osprey atmos 50 vs 65
- Osprey Daylite vs Daylite plus
- North face jester vs Borealis
- Osprey Talon 11 vs 22
- North Face Surge vs Recon
- North Face Recon vs Borealis