See the Panasonic FZ1000 features.
- It has a 21.1mp camera resolution, while the FZ300 has a 12.1mp resolution. You can capture high-quality & clear photos with the FZ1000 rather than the earlier version.
- Panasonic FZ1000 features a 125-12800 ISO range, which is expandable to 80-25600. Panasonic FZ300 includes 100-6400 ISO range, and it is not expandable. However, the highest ISO range makes the camera more flexible, plus you can capture brighter images in a darker environment.
- Both have an electronic viewfinder, but this device has a higher contrast of 2359k dots viewfinder, and the other one has 1440k dots. Therefore, the FZ1000 delivers you higher visibility even though if you are under direct sunlight.
- You can find built-in flash in both cameras, but this one covers 13.5m, at the same time, its little brother covers 8.8m. So you can select this because it gives you better outside coverage.
Though Panasonic FZ300 and FZ1000 combine with many similarities, yet these features made the FZ1000 the best camera. Before purchasing a camera, consider these properties so that you make the best decision.
- Panasonic FZ300 and FZ1000 have 5-Axis image stabilization that reduces lens or shakes hand so that you capture stunning images.
- Both include 4K photo mode, which lets you pull out images during your video recording. Also, this won’t reduce the video detail.
- Within one second, you can click 12 photos because these come with 12fps continuous shooting speed.
- The devices feature time-lapse recording, hence you can capture lots of photos and then assemble them to create seamless footage.
- Last but not least, the devices are warranted for a one-year period which is only for the USA and Puerto Rico.
You will find these similar functionalities on the FZ300 & FZ1000 cameras. Now, if similar features attract you and you want to go with the FZ300, choose this device either.
Panasonic FZ300 vs FZ1000 – Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Panasonic FZ300||Panasonic FZ1000|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimensions||4.61 x 5.18 x 3.6 inches||5.39 x 5.16 x 3.9 inches|
|Weight||1.52 lbs||1.83 pounds|
|Camera resolution||12.1 MP||21.1 MP|
|Electronic viewfinder||1440k dot||2359k dot|
|Battery life||380 shots||360 shots|
|Video resolution||3840 x 2160||3840 x 2160|
|4K Photo Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Shutter Speed||Still Image||Still Image|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
Differences and Similarities between Panasonic FZ300 vs FZ1000
Panasonic FZ1000 delivers better picture quality because it has a 21.1mp camera resolution, and the FZ300 has a 12.1 MP resolution.
FZ1000 lets you create clear images with minimum noise. Moreover, it has a 12800 ISO range that helps produce an impressive image in a dark environment.
As the FZ1000 can deliver you better picture quality, you should consider this device.
And talking about the video quality, the device delivers full HD 4K video. They record 3840 x 2160, 30 fps which can be switched between the video and still capture.
4K Photo Mode
They have a 4k photo mode, which is impressive as you won’t miss special moments during a video recording. When you find a scene, simply pause the video and make a frame. This won’t reduce the video details. The 4K mode can capture 8-megapixel high-resolution images with edge-to-edge detail.
Both feature 5-Axis image stabilization, which allows you one-handed video shooting ability. The device will detect the 5 movement types such as – vertical-horizontal, the axis of rotation, horizontal rotation, and vertical rotation.
You can take blur-free images or videos even if the lens or hand is shaking.
If you are concerned about a weather sealing device, the FZ300 is there for you. It has a splashproof/dustproof design and has tight seals on the button, joints of the camera, and dial. This ensures the device is capable of standing in a harsh environment.
On the other hand, FZ1000 is not a weather-sealed device, and this won’t withstand every weather. That’s why you can consider the FZ300.
But if you are not planning to take your device to a windy desert or jungle, then FZ1000 would be your best bet.
Panasonic FZ300 provides up to 380 shots of battery life, while the FZ1000 gives 360 image shots. Even though there is a little difference, yet you should go for the FZ1000. But if you want a slightly upgraded battery life, you can select the FZ300.
However, when it comes to video recording, there is no time limit. You can record video until the memory is full.
These devices include an electronic viewfinder, but there is a slight difference. Panasonic FZ1000 is built with a high-resolution contrast viewfinder than FZ300.
It features a 2359k dot contrast resolution free-angle LCD, while the FZ300 comes with a 1440k dot.
So, the FZ1000 assures you a stable framing with superb visibility at a high magnification even under strong sunlight. Also, the display lets you achieve high-speed response with its minimum time lag. It also increases the resolution for color reproduction.
Post focus mode lets you enjoy the photography and then add the focus point to the image. Fortunately, the Panasonic FZ300 has post focus mode while the FZ1000 does not.
You can click the image, and while reviewing the image, simply add focal points to the place you want.
Compared to the traditional DSLR cameras, you can achieve a proper focus system from these devices. Because they feature DFD technology. It shortens the time and lets you calculate the distance of the subject with different sharp levels. As a result, you can click images within 0.09 seconds.
They feature a one-year limited warranty for the USA and Puerto Rico. This limited period will cover any manufacturer damages to the camera parts. Remember, if there is any scratch on the device or damage it due to overuse, you can’t repair it for free.
However, you can replace the product within 90-days with a new one, or return it & get a full refund.
We recommend Panasonic FZ1000 for you because this includes a better image sensor, ISO range, plus other handy things. But if you are searching for a convenient screen and weather-sealed device, Panasonic FZ300 is the right pick for you.
Both include impressive features of their own, but you should consider your personal preference to make the best decision so that you won’t regret it later.
Frequently Asked Questions about Panasonic FZ300 vs FZ1000
|What comes with Panasonic FZ300?|
The cameras include some handy accessories, such as – AC/USB cable, Li-ion battery and charger, Lens cap and hood, Software CD-ROM, Shoulder strap, and an instructional manual.
Do they support time-lapse movie creation?
Yes, both devices support time-lapse technology so that you can create a movie.
Can I switch the FZ1000 lens?
No, the device does come with an interchangeable lens. It has a fixed lens with a zoom lens, and this will cover everything.
Do they have a lens hood?
Yes, Panasonic FZ300 and FZ1000 provide a lens hood plus a cap. But you should not use the hood with the camera’s flash.
How well do they handle night photography?
Panasonic FZ1000 does better night photography because it has a better ISO range compared to the FZ300. The FZ1000 has a 125-12800 ISO range vs the FZ300 100-6400 ISO range.
Read other Panasonic camera comparisons here –