See the advanced features of the Panasonic G85?
- It gives you the flexibility to work in any weather since the device is built with a splash / dustproof rugged body. Hence, the camera will withstand the most challenging environments. But the GX85 is built with plastic plus doesn’t include the weather sealing feature.
- Both devices have a 3-inch touch LCD monitor, but the Panasonic G85 monitor is a free-angle type. You can rotate this at 180-degree, which is great when it comes to video making. In contrast, you can tilt the screen of the Panasonic GX85 up to 45 or 90 degrees.
- These two combine with the built-in 5-Axis dual stabilization, but the G85 has the latest Dual IS, which is known as the DUal IS2. It provides one step more improvement to the body shaking or lens shaking compared to the Dual IS of the GX85.
- It has a slightly faster continuous shooting speed compared to the GX85. This DSLR camera can shoot at 9fps while the other one is capable of shooting at 8fps.
- It has a built-in microphone jack, but the GX85 doesn’t include a microphone jack.
- The built-in flash of the G85 can be controlled, but the GX85 flash cannot control. However, you can remotely control the G85 flash.
Panasonic G85 is the upgraded version of the GX85 that’s why you can’t go wrong selecting this device. Also, we strongly suggest this device for you.
- Both combine with the 5 Axis Gyro Sensor, including dual IS, which is very effective for handshake correction.
- The G85 and GX85 are featured with post focus which is very handy. You can shoot now and select the focus point later on the image wherever you need.
- They let you pick the perfect moment while recording a video without pausing it, and this won’t lose the detail of your video. Also, you can shoot 4k Full HD video with AK video.
- The device comes with 16-megapixel, including no low pass filter so that you can capture more detailed and sharper images.
After knowing the similar features, if you think the Panasonic GX85 would be a good choice for you, then you should consider your personal preference and grab it.
Panasonic G85 vs GX85 – Comparison Table
|Specifications||Panasonic G85||Panasonic GX85|
|Buywithme.org’s rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Size||2.93 x 5.06 x 3.5 inches||4.8 x 2.78 x 1.73 inches|
|Weight||1.11 pounds||1.09 lbs|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||9fps||8fps|
|Max Video Resolution||4K: 3840 x 2160||2160p|
|Free angle monitor||Yes, up to 180 degree||No, it can be rotated up to 90 or 45 degree|
|Battery Life||800 to 900 shots||999 shots|
|5 Axis Gyro Sensor + Dual IS||Yes||Yes|
|Post Focus Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Camera effective pixels||16.00 Megapixels||16.00 Megapixels|
|Warranty||1 year (Only for the USA and Puerto Rico)||1 year (Only for the USA and Puerto Rico)|
Differences and Similarities between the Panasonic G85 and GX85
Panasonic G85 and GX85 are featuring a 16 MP resolution camera. The 16-megapixel has a Digital Live MOS sensor, and it has no low pass filter. So the devices will capture more detailed images that are sharper.
Furthermore, the images have excellent resolution, high contrast, plus impressive color reproduction.
Additionally, both can capture high-quality 4k video, but there is a twist. You can turn the 4K video into the 4K image by selecting a single frame sequence.
When it comes to battery life, the Panasonic GX85 is better than the latest model. It can capture up to 990 images, while the LUMIX G85 can capture 900 shots per charge.
Though there are not many differences in the battery life, yet you can go with the older version. But we recommend the G85 camera for you.
Panasonic G85 has a weather-sealed body, and it can withstand any extreme weather. Unfortunately, the GX85 has a plastic body so you cannot use it with every weather.
However, the G85 is also splash and dustproof, so you have the freedom to enjoy every challenging environment.
Both Panasonic Lumix G85 and GX85 integrate with the 5-Axis stabilization plus Dual IS. It is very effective for correcting handshaking plus compensation to shoot up to 5-stops.
The 5-Axis stabilization works perfectly for motion picture recording and telephoto photography.
These two devices include a touch-enabled tilting LCD, but the Lumix G85 is better at tilting. You can rotate the display up 180-degree to maximize the viewing in difficult framing situations.
On the other side, the GX85 display can rotate up to 45-degree or 90-degree.
Post focus function
You have the freedom to enjoy the creativity while shooting, and you can do other works on your photo or videos once you are done taking the photo.
Both exclusively feature post focus mode, when your shoot is done, review it and add the focus points wherever you need it.
In addition, focus stacking allows you to select different focus points on the same photo. The post focus is not available on other conventional devices.
Generally, Panasonic provides a one-year limited warranty to its camera devices. So they will cover any manufacturer defects on these devices for a year. Remember, if your device has any scratches or damage to any parts, the warranty will not cover it.
However, the warranty is only applicable for the USA and Puerto Rico.
As you can see, the Panasonic Lumix G85 is the upgrade model of the GX85. So, it is obvious the device will provide you a better image rather than another one. We’d recommend you consider the features once again to purchase the best buying decision.
But if you are seeking a slightly cheap camera between them, the GX85 is the right choice for you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Panasonic G85 vs GX85
|Do they have a silent shutter?|
Yes, both camera devices feature a silent shutter, also, the shutter sound is customizable, or you can also turn it off as well.
How is the image quality?
Compared to the mid-range cameras, these two Panasonic cameras deliver better quality images. You will get a smooth tone and a very sharp image with edge to edge detail.
Do they provide a US version warranty?
Yes, Panasonic provides a one-year limited US version warranty for the USA and Puerto Rico.
Do they record 4k videos?
Definitely, both cameras are capable of recording at 4K crisp video at 30fps.
Does the GX85 have a microphone jack?
No, this camera doesn’t include a microphone jack, but the G85 does have a microphone jack.
You can read other articles from the below links –