See the reason.
- Panasonic GH4 has up to 530 frame battery life, while Panasonic G7 can capture 360 photos. With the GH4, you can create more than 170 photo frames.
- It has a weather-sealed rugged body, so the device is splash/dust/freezeproof plus withstands any tough weather, so you can shoot even in the tough environment. On the other hand, its competitor is built with a plastic body, so it is not ideal for all weather.
- The device gives you better video control because the camera includes a headphone port. At the same time, the G7 doesn’t come with such a port.
- Panasonic GH4 can shoot high-resolution video compared to the G7. Since the camera features a 4096 x 2160 video resolution while the G7 video resolution is 3840 x 2160. Furthermore, you will get better video quality because it has 200mbps max video bitrate, G7, by contrast, max video bitrate is 100mbps.
- The GH4 continuous shooting speed is 12fps, at the same time, the G7 includes 9fps. This camera has 5fps faster than the other one.
Panasonic GH4 combines these fantastic features that’s why Buywithme.org recommends this device. If you are impressed with these functions, you should grab this one.
Similar features between the Panasonic GH4 vs G7
- Panasonic GH4 and G7 are built with 16-megapixel camera effective pixels. Also, they have 4k photo mode. The 16mp allows you to create incredible images with detail.
- The devices have BT and Wifi features, which lets you share data effectively and faster to your smartphone or tablet.
- The GH4 & G7 provides a one-year limited warranty to the USA and Puerto Rico only.
Panasonic GH4 and G7 share a few similar features, and after reading their similar features, if you think the G7 would be good, you can choose this one instead of the GH4.
Panasonic GH4 vs G7 – Quick Comparison Table
|Specifications||Panasonic GH4||Panasonic G7|
|Buywithme.org’s rating||4.7 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Size||5.24 x 3.31 x 3.66 inches||8.7 x 6.8 x 4.6 inches|
|Weight||1.23 lbs||1.59 pounds|
|Battery Life||500-530 shots||350 to 360 shots|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||12fps||8fps|
|Max Video Resolution||4096 x 2160||3840 x 2160|
|Max Video Bitrate||200mbps||100mbps|
|LCD Screen Resolution||1.040k dots||1.036k dots|
|Camera effective pixels||16.00 Megapixels||16.00 Megapixels|
|4K Photo Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 year (Only for the USA and Puerto Rico)||1 year (Only for the USA and Puerto Rico)|
Differences and Similarities between the Panasonic GH4 vs G7
With a single charge, Panasonic GH4 can capture more than 500 photos. In contrast, the Panasonic G7 can shoot 360 photos. Since the GH4 can capture more images per charge, go with this device with your eyes closed.
Panasonic LUMIX GH4 and G7 have a 16-mp larger image sensor that features Next-generation image processors. The devices allow you to produce sharp, crisp images with full detail.
Even in low light, you can capture high-quality images because of their higher ISO range.
In addition, the devices feature 4K photo mode. It lets you extract photos from the video. Just pause the video and then extract a photo from it, and you lose the image detail.
One of the prominent features you will find on the Panasonic GH4, and G7 is, this device gives you unlimited 4K recording. The max video bitrate on the GH4 is 200mbps, while the G7 is 100mbps.
Also, the GH4 allows you to record cinematic video at 4096 x 2160 resolution in 24fps. Furthermore, both GH4 and G7 have MP4/MOV video resolution of 3840 x 2160 in 30fps.
If you want to record professional-quality videos, Panasonic GH4 is a better choice because it has a high bitrate plus better resolution than G7.
These devices come with an advanced contrast AF system that combines with the DFD technology. The DFD system shortens the time to adjust focus on the image. It determines the distance of two images at the same time from the different fields of view. Thus you can achieve high contrast images within 0.07 seconds.
Panasonic GH4 features a tough magnesium alloy rugged body which makes the device perfect for heavy field use. On every dial, joint, and button the device is constructed with a splash and dustproof material.
Panasonic G7, on the other hand, is not built with a rugged body that’s why it cannot work in tough environments.
Wifi and Bluetooth
Panasonic features BT version 4.2 and 5GHz wifi so that you can effectively transfer data to your smartphone or tablet quickly. But the Lumix GH4 also integrates with NFC technology.
Both of them also have Panasonic Image App plus remote photo and video shooting function so that you can control the cameras from your tablet or smartphone.
Durability & Warranty
They have limited warranty coverage for the USA and Puerto Rico only. If your Panasonic GH4 or G7 does not work properly due to the manufacturer’s defects in materials, the Panasonic will repair it. Or you can replace the device within 90-days you get it.
However, this limited warranty is applicable for the original product purchaser. And they won’t cover anything if there are any damages or scratches on the device.
Panasonic GH4 and G7 provide the user a high-resolution OLED LVF. It delivers high visibility even under direct sunlight, and you can adjust the display to get the optimum clarity. You can also see the settings of these devices.
They shoot silently since the GH4 and G7 include a quiet and fast AF system. It doesn’t make any shutter noise.
Both of them feature 4EV low light, allowing you to capture the subject perfectly by using the moonlight as the light source.
Panasonic GH4 and G7 are two impressive DSLR cameras that combine with a 16-megapixel camera resolution. But a few advanced features in the GH4 made it better than G7 that’s the reason we recommend it.
The GH4 can deliver you a better video quality, and it has a weather-sealed body plus other handy functions. If you want to upgrade your camera, consider the GH4 rather than G7.
But if you are impressed with G7 features, choose this one either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Panasonic GH4 vs G7
|Is there any time limit for video recording?|
No, Panasonic doesn’t set any time limit for video recording, you can record until your SD card is not full.
Can I connect a microphone to the G7?
Yes, you can connect an external microphone to the G7, but this doesn’t include a headphone port.
Do they have a built-in flash?
Panasonic GH4 and G7 have a built-in flash. The GH4 flash can cover 17mm, while the GH4 covers 9.3mm.
Are they the American version?
Yes, Panasonic provides American version cameras, also, they give a one-year warranty to the USA.
Can I pull images from the 4K video?
Yes, you can extract images from the 4K videos, which won’t reduce the video details.
Read more comparison articles from the below links –