If you are confused about picking the best camera from the Panasonic GH4 and G85, we highly recommend Panasonic G85.
Why We Recommend Panasonic G85?
- Panasonic G85 can capture 800 to 900 shots with a single charge which will be enough to cover any event easily. On the other hand, its little brother is capable of capturing 500-530 shots.
- This camera integrates with a 5-Axis gyro sensor and Dual I.S. 2 that provides you a more effective handshake correction photo. On the contrary, Panasonic GH4 doesn’t have this feature.
- It can capture 9 photos per second, while the GH4 can shot 7.5 photos per second. A camera with a better continuous shooting speed can shoot any perfect moment with rich details no matter how fast the moment is!
- You can add focus points once your shooting is done with the G85 because it combines with the post focus function. At the same time, the GH4 doesn’t have this fantastic facility
If you want a handy camera plus want to upgrade your photography, you should consider the Panasonic G85 because the device will deliver you a better experience than the GH4.
Similar features of the Panasonic GH4 vs G85
- Panasonic G85 and GH5 include an effective 16-megapixel camera that allows you to take impressive photos with edge-to-edge detail.
- Both cameras come with a microphone jack, so both are also good enough for vlogging purposes.
- The GH4 and G85 have rugged splashproof/dustproof bodies, so now you don’t need to stop exploring since the device is withstood even extreme weather.
These cameras have many differences, yet you will find these similar things in them. However, still we recommend the G85 camera rather than GH4.
Quick Comparison: Panasonic GH4 vs G85
|Specifications||Panasonic GH4||Panasonic G85|
|Buywithme.org’s rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Size||5.24 x 3.31 x 3.66 inches||2.93 x 5.06 x 3.5 inches|
|Weight||1.23 lbs||1.11 pounds|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||7.5fps||9fps|
|Battery Life||500-530 shots||800 to 900 shots|
|5 Axis Gyro Sensor + Dual IS||No||Yes|
|Post Focus Mode||No||Yes|
|Camera effective pixels||16.00 Megapixels||16.00 Megapixels|
|Max Video Resolution||4K: 3840 x 2160||4K: 3840 x 2160|
|Free angle monitor||Yes, up to 180 degree||Yes, up to 180 degree|
|Warranty||1 year (Available to the USA and Puerto Rico)||1 year (Available to the USA and Puerto Rico)|
Differences and Similarities: Panasonic GH4 vs G85
Speaking about the picture quality of Panasonic GH5 and G85. Both devices are built with the same 16-megapixel resolution. You can capture stunning photos with detail from these devices because they feature a low-pass filter.
Moreover, you can take 4K photos during video recording. Just pause the video and frame the scene you want. This won’t reduce the video detail.
The G85 lets you enjoy the creativity and decide what you want to focus on after you are done shooting. The post focus mode is exclusively available on the G85, but the GH4 isn’t combined with this function.
However, once your click is finished, you just need to touch the area you want to make sharp or add focus. In addition, in just a single image you can apply focus too.
The 5-Axis image stabilization is available on the G85 which increases the image stability. Unfortunately, you won’t find this function on the GH4.
However, this will reduce the shake hand or lens shake and correct the image for all lenses. Additionally, it integrates with the Dual I.S. 2, which is the latest technology.
Professional 4K Video
The 4k video interface exclusively to create a professional video with full H.D. Both of them can record video at 100 Mbps or 200 Mbps. Also, there is no time limit until your storage is full.
The max video resolution of these cameras is 2160, which is perfect for recording YouTube videos. Since in the video quality, the GH4 and GH5 devices are the same. So you can go with the device you are impressed but we’ll suggest the G85.
If you want to click lots of images with a single charge, you should choose the G85. It can capture 800 to 900 shots, on the other hand, the Panasonic GH4 can capture 500-530 shots with a single charge
Since the G85 will provide you with a better lifespan, you can consider this device for you.
Lumix G85 and GH4 are built with tough magnesium alloy bodies that ensure these devices are durable. The cameras are withstood under extreme weather, also both of them are splash-proof and dustproof constructions. So you can take both devices anywhere to enjoy the adventure.
Contrast A.F. with DFD Technology
Panasonic G85 and GH4 come with advanced A.F. contrast technology. It helps shorten the focus time. The ultra-high-speed A.F. can be taken within 0.7 seconds.
In addition, this will create a perfect contrast image for you, and you can do all that editing within the device.
Panasonic provides a one-year limited warranty to their users, so both of them are combined within the same time period. They provide warranty to the USA and Puerto Rico only.
Panasonic will cover manufacturer issues on the device, but they won’t cover any damage due to heavy use or if there is any scratch on the device.
Hopefully, now you are clear on why we recommend the G85 rather than GH4. The camera can deliver you impressive battery life, provide you with faster continuous shooting, include the latest image stabilization technology, and so on.
Panasonic GH4, on the other hand, cannot give you these functions that’s why the GX85 would be your best bet.
Frequently Asked Questions about Panasonic GH4 vs G85
|Does the Panasonic G85 include Leica 12-60mm zoom?
No, it doesn’t include a Leica 12-60mm zoom, but it comes with a Lumix lens.
Can I connect the G85 to the P.X. while filming?
Yes, you can connect this DSLR camera to the P.C. during filming.
Do they provide the U.S. warranty version?
Generally, Panasonic combines with a one-year U.S. warranty that covers any defects on the device.
Could you please tell me about their battery life?
Panasonic GH4 can capture 500-530 shots, while the Panasonic G85 can take 800 to 900 shots per charge.
Does the 12-60mm power lens of the G85 zoom?
No, it has a manual zoom option with the autofocus feature plus built-in stabilization.
Check out related comparisons from the below links –
- Panasonic GH5 vs G9
- Panasonic G85 vs GX85
- Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii
- Nikon z7 vs Sony a7r iii
- Panasonic GH5 vs GH5s
- Nikon D5500 vs D5600
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget. In 2014, I bought my first DSLR camera, and I have worked for different agencies and travel companies. Therefore, I have to use various cameras and lenses. Nowadays, there are many kinds of cameras available in the market, so, before buying, a person has to focus on the following questions:
Here are some questions for you that will help you to buy a camera
- Ask yourself why you are buying a camera? Because Different cameras are built for different purposes. Do you want something only for better photos than your phone, or do you want to get into the photography business or just a hobby?
- What is the budget? You may not need a professional-grade DSLR camera if it is just for a hobby. You can get something that will allow you to grow into a DSLR.
- Did you compare your desired model with another popular model in the market?
If you are looking for a camera for your business or professional photography, then check the below things before making the final call:
- Types of Cameras
- DSLR vs Mirrorless
- Speed and Performance
- The MegaPixel Myth and Reality
- Interchangeable Lenses
- Image Stabilization
Check one of my articles where I describe everything in detail about how to choose a DSLR camera
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media:
- Camera2022.06.25GoPro Hero 8 Vs 9 – Why do Buywithme.org suggest the GoPro 9?
- Fujifilm2022.06.25Fujifilm X100v vs Sony RX100 vii – What’s the main differences?
- Sony2022.06.20Sony a7rii vs a7iii – Why do we suggest the a7iii than a7rii?
- Security camera2022.06.20Arlo Pro 2 vs Arlo Ultra – Check the difference & get the best