Find latest technology of the Panasonic Lumix G85
- The Lumix 85 has a robust dust / splashproof weather-sealed body that gives you flexibility so that you never stop exploring. Whereas the Lumix G7 is not combined with weather-sealed features.
- It can approximately take 800 to 900 shots, but the G7 can shoot 350-360 shots. So, choosing the G85 would be an ideal decision because you will get a better battery lifespan per charge from this device.
- Both look twins, but the G85 is slightly smaller plus lightweight. Also, it has a more ergonomic grip on top of the device more comfortable, it also maximizes your hand capacity. Besides, its little brother is slightly heavier and has a larger body plus a little tough to hold the camera.
- It has 5-axis stabilization with Dual I.S.2 that allows you to shoot sharper photos than the other one. Also, it is very effective for handshake correction. The G7, by contrast, doesn’t equip with these handy functions.
- In terms of continuous shooting speed, the G85 is slightly faster. It works at 9fps while the G7 speed is 8fps.
- You can shoot video with post focus mode on this camera. Besides, the post focus mode is not available on the G7. However, it saves you time because once your video shooting is done, you can add focus wherever you want or need it.
These were the upgraded functions of the Lumix G85 camera that you won’t find on the G7. You can not go wrong choosing this device, and we strongly suggest you select this one.
Similar features of Panasonic Lumix G7 vs G85
- Both have a 16-megapixel camera, and you can capture sharp images with a High Dynamic Range with these devices.
- Lumix G7 and G85 feature 4K Ultra HD video technology that lets you pause the video and extract that moment in a photo frame from the 4K video.
- These devices combine with a one-year limited warranty, and the warranty is only applicable for the USA and Puerto Rico.
- The Lumix G7 and G85 have wifi plus compatibility with the Panasonic Image App. Hence you can control the camera from your tablet or smartphone.
You will get these similarities and benefits from the Lumix G7 and G85 cameras. If you now think the G7 is going to be good for you, choose this one rather than the upgraded version.
Panasonic Lumix G7 vs G85 – Quick Comparison Table
|Specification||Panasonic Lumix G7||Panasonic Lumix G85|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Size||8.7 x 6.8 x 4.6 inches||2.93 x 5.06 x 3.5 inches|
|Weight||1.59 pounds||1.11 pounds|
|Battery Life||350 to 360 shots||800 to 900 shots|
|5 Axis Gyro Sensor + Dual IS||No||Yes|
|Splashproof / Dustproof||No||Yes|
|Camera effective pixels||16.00 Megapixels||16.00 Megapixels|
|Max Video Resolution||4K: 3840 x 2160||4K: 3840 x 2160|
|Warranty||1 year (Only for the USA and Puerto Rico)||1 year (Only for the USA and Puerto Rico)|
Differences and Similarities in features of the Panasonic Lumix G7 and G85
In terms of design, both look like twins. There are slight differences between both cameras. The Lumix G85 has a slimmer body than the G7. The G87 size is 8.7 x 6.8 x 4.6 inches, while the G85 is 2.93 x 5.06 x 3.5 inches. And the weight of the G7 is 1.59 pounds, whereas the G85 is 1.11 pounds.
Both devices are mirrorless plus include creative controls, cutting-edge video, audio, intelligent focus, exposure technologies.
But the Lumix G85 also includes gyro sensor control plus image stabilization that is not possible with the G7.
However, with these devices, you can perfectly capture a scene in 4K photo mode, shooting video 4K Ultra HD video as well.
Panasonic Lumix G85 includes a new Gyro sensor, which also has the power of 5-Axis image stabilization. The 5-Axis image stabilization lets you take more crisp & sharp images to correct hand-shale for all lenses. Furthermore, it works with other lenses as well, and you have to add lenses manually.
Moreover, the G85’sG85’s 5-Axis image stabilization works with both telephoto and wide photography. Also, include motion picture recording with 4K video.
Lumix G7, on the other hand, doesn’t include the latest 5-Axis image stabilization that’s why we recommend the G85 if you want to capture perfect photos or record fantastic video with clear detail.
Picture & Video Quality
Both cameras feature 16-megapixel resolution. The 16mp can capture sharper images because they include the next-generation Digital Live MOS sensor processor.
They feature 4K video technology, and they let you extract the perfect moment from the video.
Anyhow, the 4K video has 4 times better pixels compared to the Full HD videos. With these Lumix models, you can record crisp videos in full detail.
They also feature three 4K photo modes, such as 4K burst, 4K Burst S/S, and 4K Pre-Burst.
- The 4K Burst has continually shot.
- The 4K Burst S/s start and stop a burst.
- The 4K Pre-Burst is for 1 sec prior to shutter release for up to 60 frames.
You will get prolonged battery life from the Lumix G85. This camera lets you click approximately up to 800-900 images with its power-saving eye sensor.
While the Lumix G7 can capture 350 to 360 shots per charge. Since the Lumix G85 gives extended life, you can choose this one. Furthermore, the G85 also has an automatic sleep mode which is not available in the previous version.
The Lumix G85 has a rugged body. It is dustproof, also stands with a splash of water to give you flexibility. So if you choose this, you will never stop exploring your adventure.
Moreover, the device includes an ergonomically designed thick grip, so the camera will be stable even when you are shooting with one hand.
Lumix G7, on the other hand, doesn’t have a weather-sealed body. Therefore, it is not ideal for working in dust or water.
The AF function tracks the motion vector, size, color of any subject, which gives you a quick and precise focus lock. They also combine with the Depth-From-Defocus technology. This technology calculates the distance and then adjusts the focus.
But in terms of speed, the G7 gives 8-fps burst shooting when the G85 gives 9-fps.
Post Focus Mode
You will get this feature on the G85, but unfortunately, this is not available on the G7. However, with this, you can enjoy your creativity. You can shoot photos and then review and decide whether to add focus or not. It also lets you select different focus points in the same images.
Shutter Shock Reduction
Lumix G85 features a new electromagnetic drive in its shutter unit. It dramatically reduces the shutter sound. Compared to the G7, it minimizes the shutter sound by approximately 90%.
Panasonic Lumix G7 and G85 offer a limited one-year warranty. They provide a one-year labor warranty, offer a 90-days return or replacement. And on batteries, they offer a 10 days guarantee.
The warranty only covers any defects in workmanship, but if you damage the device, they won’t cover it.
After reviewing both Panasonic Lumix cameras, it is clear that the Lumix G85 is better than the older one. It features updated technology plus has an ergonomic body than the older version.
The 5-axis plus image stabilization takes this camera to the next level than G7.
So, if you are a photographer enthusiast, you should choose the G85. But if you are okay without these technologies, the G7 would be a nice choice too!
Frequently Asked Questions about the Panasonic Lumix G7 and G85
|Can I mount the G7 to a tripod?|
Yes, the camera includes a standard mount connection so that you can connect this to a tripod.
What’sWhat’s the dynamic range look like in the G85?
The dynamic range is quite amazing in the G85 plus typical for any MFT Camera. You can expand it for multiple images, but it won’t match the full-frame
Can I attach a microphone to the G7?
Yes, the camera includes an external microphone so that you can attach a microphone to this device.
Does the Lumix G85 12-60mm lens power zoom?
No, it has a manual zoom with stabilization plus autofocus, and the image quality is excellent.
Does the G7 include onboard flash?
Yes, you will find an onboard flash on the Lumix G7. There is a button located on the viewfinder, and you need to press the button to use the onboard flash.
You may want to know more comparison about cameras, find here –