Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro contain some outstanding features. But Phantom 4 Pro comes with a few more technological improvements and it is best for both beginner and professional users. That’s why I highly suggest to pick Phantom 4 Pro.
Why Phantom 4 Pro is Better?
- The Obstacle sense is a very crucial feature for any drone. Here Phantom 4 Pro features a 5-direction obstacle sense, while Phantom 4 advanced has a two-direction sense. So, your flight will be safe on the Phantom 4 Pro; that’s why you can select this one.
- Phantom 4 Pro will provide you clear and stable signal since it is equipped with 5.8 frequencies. On the other hand, its competitor includes 2.4 GHz, and it doesn’t support a 5.8 GHz frequency band.
- You will get the mechanical shutter feature from the Phantom 4 Pro, which is not available on the Phantom 4 Advanced.
- Phantom 4 Advanced is a perfect drone device for beginners aerial shoots, as well as for professional users. And Phantom 4 Advanced is an ideal option for beginners only.
- Both have 30 minutes max flight time, but the Phantom 4 Advanced cannot fly up to 30 minutes. That’s because the battery of the Advanced Phantom is not good as the Phantom 4 Pro. In contrast, you will get up to 30 minutes of flight time from the Phantom 4 Pro, which is ideal for your aerial photography.
Both Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced have some identical features, yet the above all features make Phantom 4 Pro better than Phantom 4 Advanced. So you can consider this drone rather than Phantom 4 Advanced, and if you want to know their price, go through the buttons below.
- They share the same 20MP camera resolution.
- Both aircraft’s max flight time is 45 mph.
- Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro are compatible with DJI GO 4 app, including an RC Cable remote.
- You will get QuickShot features from them.
- They come with a one-year limited warranty.
|Specification||Phantom 4 Advanced||Phantom 4 Pro|
|Editor’s Rating||4.3 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Best For||Entry-level professional drone||Entry-level professional drone with powerful obstacle avoidance|
|Max Flight Time||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Max Flight Distance||4.3 miles||11 miles|
|Max Speed||45 mph (S-mode)||45 mph (S-mode)|
|Camera||20 Mp||20 Mp|
|Weight||1368 g||1388 g|
|Mobile App||DJI GO 4||DJI GO 4|
|Internal Storage||8 GB||8 GB|
|Remote Controller||Standard RC||Standard RC|
Similarities and Differences between Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced
The camera of both the drones is also identical. It can capture images at 20 MP in JPG or RAW DNG. The video quality of both drones is alluring. Video is available up to 4k quality at 60 fps. One attractive thing is 30 and 24 fps are also available in both of them.
Both have the same 1-inch CMOS Sensor that ensures you get professional photos. The CMOS sensor is four times effective than other devices, plus its larger screen offers you better performance. It provides you get a better quality image in low-light environments.
The performance of both products is very much similar. Both of the devices are easy to use and provide high-quality performance. In sports mode, the maximum speed of both the drones is 45 mph. With obstacle avoidance, both the drones can fly up to 31 mph.
In working with frequency, phantom 4 pro is way better than Phantom 4 advanced because it provides options for choosing. The aircraft can support both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. Moreover, in the areas where radio frequencies are very high, it can get a clearer signal. At the same time, phantom 4 advances have only 2.4 GHz and don’t support 5.8 GHz.
The maximum flight time of both the drones is 30 minutes, and the intelligent battery life of both the aircraft is 15.2V 5870 mAh. But when comparing the Phantom 4 Advanced, the Phantom 4 Pro is better because the Phantom 4 Advanced battery tends to die sooner.
In the case of obstacle avoidance, Phantom 4 pro is ahead of phantom 4 advanced because it contains 5-direction obstacle sensing. It includes three sets of the visual system to provide security behind, front, and below. Moreover, both sides have infrared sensing which is new to the industry. In contrast, phantom 4 advanced has obstacle sensors only in front and below.
The weight of Phantom 4 pro is 20g, and it’s heavier than phantom 4 advanced. But it doesn’t hinder its flight time. The maximum flight time of both the drones is the same.
Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro are compatible with DJI GO 4 app. Moreover, the device comes with smart remote control, which has a built-in screen. However, the DJI GO 4 app lets you live the aerial shoots; also, you can instantly edit the photos to share them on social media as well.
They come with a one-year limited warranty that offers you the benefits of replacement. If there is any trouble using the device then you can replace the device with a new one. Both offer the same warranty, but I highly recommend you select the Phantom 4 Pro since it is far better than its rival.
Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced are good drones to choose from. But I suggest you the Phantom 4 Pro rather than the Advanced one as it is equipped with some fantastic features to make everything easier for you. It is ideal for beginner and professional use, while the competitor is ideal for the beginner only. So, go with the Phantom 4 Pro is a wise decision for you.
Phantom 4 Advanced vs Phantom 4 Pro FAQs
|How does Phantom 4 Pro perform on indoor flights?|
You are recommended using Phantom 4 Pro for outdoor flying because it is very much powerful and tries to take off.
What is the accurate flight time of Phantom 4 Pro?
The actual flight time of Phantom 4 Pro is 22 minutes. Flight plan, speed, and wind affect its result greatly.
How can I operate these devices?
Yes, you will need a viewing device to operate Phantom 4 advanced, plus Phantom 4 Pro, such as iOS or smartphone or iPad, and so on.
Are they featured with smart control?
Yes, both Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro are compatible with the smart control device you can use under direct sunlight.
Check more drone comparisons below