Pixel 4 and 4a between them, Pixel 4a has upgraded software and hardware. So, you can choose Pixel 4a.
Why choose the Pixel 4a?
- It has a 3140mAh battery capacity, whereas the Pixel 4 combines with a 2800mAh battery, So you can use it longer than the Pixel 4.
- Pixel 4a has 6GB RAM, including 128GB ROM. So, the device can process data quicker than Pixel 4.As the Pixel 4 has 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM.
- This phone is lighter than the Pixel 4.It is only 5 ounces, whereas the other device is 5.7 ounces. The lightweight makes the phone more comfortable to carry.
- It has a 5.81 inches display, whereas the previous version had a 5.7 inches display. So, the large screen makes it easy to operate.
- This device features the Octa-core that works at 2 x 2.2 GHz, and On the other side, its competitor has Octa-core with 1x 2.8 GHz.Hence, Pixel 4a gives you better performance than Pixel 4.
- It has a fingerprints scanner, and it’s useful for identifying the owner. Besides, Pixel 4 does not have a fingerprints scanner.
These are the latest features of the Pixel 4a phone that make it better than the Pixel 4.If you need a high-performance phone, this phone is the best option for you.
- Pixel 4 and 4a both devices come with an 18W fast charger so that you can get a fully charged phone within a matter of time.
- Both have OLED and HDR displays that give you better display resolution.
- You will get the same 8MP front camera and 12.2MP rear camera, and you can capture stunning pictures with these devices.
- They have come with a one-year limited warranty for any type of manufacture damaged.
|Specification||Pixel 4||Pixel 4a|
|Editors Rating||4 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Weight||5.7 ounces||5 ounces|
|Dimensions||0.33 x 2.7 x 5.77 inches||5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches|
|Screen Size||5.7 inches||5.81inches|
|Display Technology||P-OLED, HDR||OLED, HDR|
|Operating System||Android 10||Android 10|
|Sensor||Face ID, gyro, compass, accelerometer, barometer, proximity||Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities Between pixel 4 VS 4a
Pixel 4a combines a 3140mAh battery capacity, whereas the Pixel 4 offers a 2800 mAh battery capacity. There are big differences in their battery power, but both devices can still be used throughout the day. Moreover, it has an intelligent feature that can save battery power.
This device comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. This massive storage increased the performance level of the phone by processing data quicker. But, unfortunately, Pixel 4a storage can not be upgradeable. On the other hand, Pixel 4 comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. Also, the storage can be upgradable to 128GB if you need it. So, Pixel 4a gives you more storage capacity; you should consider it.
These two Pixel devices offer an OLED and HDR display that will give you better screen resolution. The Pixel 4a display size is 5.81 inches, while the Pixel 4 screen size is 5 inches. But the refresh rate of Pixel 4a is 60Hz, and the other refresh rate is 90Hz. And 90Hz refresh rate makes the device perform smoothly every time, and it helps to load data more quickly.
Both devices have pro-grade cameras, so you can capture more stunning pictures. Pixel 4 and 4a both devices have the same resolution camera. They have an 8MP front camera and a 12.2Mp rear camera. These cameras are also good for video recording and it allows you to record 4k videos.
Pixel 4a is built with 5g technology that increases upload and download speed. At the same time, Pixel 4 does not support 5g technology, so it can not give you performance like Pixel 4a.
Size and weight
If you want an ideal phone, you have to think about size and weight. The Pixel 4a weighs 5 ounces, and the internal dimension is 5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches. Besides, its competitor, Pixel 4 weighs 5.7 ounces, and the external dimension is 0.33 x 2.7 x 5.77 inches. So there is a little different in their weight. If you want a lightweight phone, then you can consider Pixel 4a.
Both devices come with a one-year limited warranty. Suppose the product gets damaged during the manufacture time, then they will repair it freely. You have to make sure that the device should be purchased from the authorized shop.
Pixel 4a is better than Pixel 4 because it has more advanced upgraded features. For example, Pixel 4a has higher battery power, a bigger screen size, a better processor, and a fingerprint scanner. If you are okay with the Pixel 4 feature, then you can go for it.
Frequently asked questions about Pixel 4 VS 4a
|Do they have any official warranty?
Yes, they have a one-year limited warranty from the original date of phone purchasing.
Do Pixel 4a water and dust resistance?
No, the Pixel 4a does not have a water and dust resistance feature.
Does it have a dual sim or e-sim?
It has a single sim + an e-sim. Both can be active at the same time for phone calls & SMS. One can be active at a time for data.
Does it come with the original accessories?
The Pixel 4 and 4 XL in this listing ships with the following in box accessories:
SIM tool, Quick Switch Adapter, Power adapter (USB Type-C 18W), USB-C cable (USB 2.0).
Do they have HDR technology?
Yes, Pixel 4 and 4a both have HDR displays.
Find related articles here –