What makes the Polk RC80i Better?
- The Rubber Seal of this device will respond better and prevent moisture access, thus allowing you to use it even in the bathroom or kitchen.
- This device comes with 1-inch Aimable tweeters that will deliver you more depth in detail music than the ordinary ¾-inch tweeters of the other one.
- Polk RC80i comes in a pair means you are getting more covered area of your house by using this speaker. Polk MC80 comes with a single device.
- This ceiling speaker comes with a variant of ceiling bundle and other speakers/subwoofer, while its competitor doesn’t have any variants and comes with a single ceiling speaker.
- Polk RC80i comes with a mineral-filled polymer cone and strong composite driver baskets that will provide you a more widespread coverage of your house. So you will get every corner of your house filled with sound.
These are the unique specs that made the Polk RC80i winner in this comparison. You will get a better sound that you can listen to with your heart.
Similarities between Polk MC80 & RC80i
- They come with an effortless setup.
- Both the speakers come with 8-inch woofers.
- The speakers come with a paintable grille.
- The speakers come in a round shape and are colored white.
|Specifications||Polk MC80||Polk RC80i|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Speaker Type||Ceiling Speaker||Ceiling Speaker|
|Product Dimension||10.6 x 4.2 x 10.6 inches||12.1 x 11.8 x 9.8 inches|
|Product Weight||3.5 pounds||4.3 pounds|
|Warranty||5-Years of Warranty||5-Years of Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between Polk MC80 & RC80i
The speakers come in a slim circular shape and will fit in any ceiling of your room. The round shape speakers will disappear from your ceiling, but the sound will spread in every corner of your room. They both come in a white variant with an attractive outlook. Also, the paintable aluminum grilles can be painted or sprayed to match your interior. Thus you can make them virtually disappear.
Polk RC80i is available in multiple variants. This speaker comes in a pair that means you will get two speakers of the same model. This speaker is available in two different speaker-woofer sizes. One comes with 6.5-inch while the other one comes with 8-inch. You can choose the additional speaker or subwoofer from the variants available in this model. On the other hand, Polk MC80 comes with a single speaker variant.
The speakers require a very basic setup. You don’t need any technicians to fit them into your rooms. The speakers have a one-cut drop-in assembly system. They will be able to play after you complete three simple steps. They are designed for perfect-fit templates, and the pre-construction brackets will keep them secure in the ceiling. Polk ceiling speakers will get a vibration-free setup without any extra assembly.
Sound & Driver
Polk speakers are designed to deliver seamless audio with excellent sound reproduction. You will get a different vibe in your house by using the Polk ceiling speakers. The 8-inch woofers of Polk MC80 with the ¾-inch tweeters will surely deliver you a fantastic sound with no distortion or echo. The other one, Polk RC80i, comes with the same sized woofers but has a 1-inch tweeter. This tweeter is Aimable that will provide you a more detailed and balanced sound than the other one.
Polk RC80i comes with a mineral-filled polymer cone and a strong composite driver for wider dispersion that will provide you a better sound coverage.
As they are ceiling speakers, you may hesitate to use them in the kitchen or bathroom areas. No worries while using the Polk RC80i in such types of areas. Polk RC80i comes with a Rubber Seal that will drive you a better response and prevent moisture access. This is even suitable for a sauna or covered porch. Unfortunately, Polk MC80 doesn’t come with such a type of build quality. So it will be a wise decision to use the Polk RC80i in the mentioned areas.
Durability & Warranty
Polk is one of the most trusted names in the home audio speakers because of its craftsmanship. They are dependable, and they use cutting-edge technologies. The durable speakers will surely give you a long durable service. Polk offers a 5-year of warranty for the ceiling speakers.
The speakers are designed to provide you a balanced & lifelike sound. You will notice the change of the sound quality while using them as your ceiling speaker. Polk RC80i is the recommended one in this comparison because of the versatility and the specially designed tweeters. The MC80 can also be an option if you’re looking for standard room-purpose ceiling speakers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Polk MC80 & RC80i
|What is the advantage of a large woofer?|
The 8-inch woofer will produce a better bass than the 6.5-inch woofer.
Do they run with Bluetooth?
No. They are hard-wired.
Does the Polk MC80 come in a pair?
No. Only the Polk RC80i comes in a pair.
What is the sensitivity of the speakers?
The speaker comes with a 90dB sensitivity.
Do they have any other color variants?
No. But you can paint the aluminum grilles according to your choice.
You may be interested to learn more comparisons.
- JBL Xtreme 2 vs Sony XB43
- Marshall Acton vs Stanmore
- Jabra Speak 410 vs 510
- Bose Soundbar 500 vs Sonos Beam
- Bose Soundlink Revolve vs JBL Charge 4
- Bose Bass Module 500 vs 700
- JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3
- JBL Boombox vs Xtreme
- Megaboom vs Megaboom 3
- JBL Flip 3 vs Flip 4