Why is the PowerBeats 3 the best?
- Powerbeats 3 give you up to 12 hours of listening time, while Powerbeats 2 give you 6 hours of battery life. Longer battery life gives you more listening time.
- This device is an upgraded device of the Powerbeats series. A lot of new functions are included in this device. Besides, Powerbeats 2 is the previous version of the Powerbeats series. There are a lot of bug issues that appear in this device, they are not fixed yet. So Powerbeats 3 is better than Powerbeats 3.
- This device improved their ergonomic design. Besides, its competitor has backdated in-ear hook design. Powerbeats 3 is more comfortable than Powerbeats 2.
- Powerbeats 2 give you wireless connectivity with Bluetooth technology. Powerbeats 3 also has wireless Bluetooth connectivity with Apple H1 technology. This apple H1 technology increased the device range, longer talk time.
These are the upgraded features that made the Powerbeats 3 winners in this comparison. So think carefully before buying one.
- Both devices have Bluetooth connectivity technology. It’s helpful for data transfers.
- It has a stereo speaker. It delivers better audio recording.
- It has a passive Noise Reduction system. It blocks the background noise.
- Both devices have a battery level indicator. Whenever the battery gets low, it will notify you.
|Specification||Powerbeats 3||Powerbeats 2|
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.2 out of 5|
|Battery Life||12 hours||6 hours|
|Fully charging time||120 min||90 min|
|Quick charge of 1-hour playing||5 min||15min|
|Weight||14 ounces||0.8 ounces|
|Apple Audio Chip||Apple H1||No|
|Dimension||1 x 5.94 x 1 inches||5.5 x 2.7 x 5.3 inches|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities between Powerbeats 3 and Powerbeats 2
Design: Powerbeats 2 has an in-ear hook system that does not fall during workouts or running. On the other hand, Powerbeats 3 has improved its ergonomic design. Both devices are water and sweat-resistant. Powerbeats 3 has a weather seals system, while Powerbeats 2 does not have such an option.
This device has a stereo speaker function which delivers decent sound quality on both left and right sides. It helps to create rich and better sound quality. Both earbuds are designed with the in-ear-from factor. Which makes it more comfortable.
Battery Life: The most significant difference between Powerbeats 3 and Powerbeats 2 is their battery life. During Apple’s achievement, they installed the H1 chips found in Powerbeats 3, which extended their battery life to 12 hours. While Powerbeats 2 give you up to 6 hours of battery life.
These devices used the same battery indicator light, which is visible in the status of your Powerbeats. For the battery life differences, we recommend Powerbeats 3.
Microphone: The same type of microphone is used on both Powerbeats devices, so you can call anytime when you need both hands free. You can use google assistance, Siri, to monitor your device. Siri also notifies you about the text, emails, and notes, etc.
Volume Adjust: You can control your Powerbeats volume easily; use the volume switch on the left earcup. To control call volume, you can use volume control. Both device volume control systems are so easy that you can use them in any situation.
Durability and Warranty: These headphones are created from an aluminum gunmetal structure with a black matte finish with leather earcups. These materials allow using these headphones for a long time. The Warranty period works from the date of product purchasing. The company does not cover any accident or shelf-made damaged issue.
In the box: With the Powerbeats 2, you will get –
- Wireless Powerbeats 2 headphones.
- A silicone case
- Micro USB cable
- Three pairs of ear tips.
- Cable management clip.
With Powerbeats 3 you will get-
- A silicone case
- Micro USB charging cable.
- Six pairs of ear tips for different ear sizes.
- warranty card
Final word: Both devices have the same feature except the design and the battery life. For these differences, we will strongly suggest you choose Powerbeats 3. But the Powerbeats 2 is also an excellent option for you.
FAQ about the Powerbeats 3 and Powerbeats 2
|Can Powerbeats 3 connect with 2 devices?|
You can pair your powerboats with 8 other devices. But once you are paired with your device, it will be paired automatically for further time. To connect with another device, for a few seconds simply hold the power button. If you need more info, then check the beats site.
Can you skip songs with these devices?
Press the audio/play button for once—clot two times for the next track, press three times to skip backward. Clot twice and hold on the second press to scan forward through the track.
How do I fix my Powerbeats 3 mic?
Clean the surroundings of the microphones. If it does not work, then contact the support link and get them serviced.
Can you overcharge Powerbeats 3?
At any modern electronic device, there is a charge controller that means you can not overcharge it.
Check out related comparison from the below links –
- Jaybird Vista vs Powerbeats Pro
- Powerbeats Pro vs Airpods 2
- Powerbeats Pro vs Powerbeats 3
- Beats Solo 3 VS Solo Pro
- Lightspeed Zulu 3 vs Bose A20
- AirPods Pro vs Bose SoundSport