Ring 2 and Ring Pro are a wide range of video doorbells. If you want to pick the best from these two, then I will suggest the Ring Pro because it is the upgraded version with better performance.
Why I Suggest Ring Pro?
- Both have the same 1080P camera resolution, but the main difference is in the zoom function. It lets you zoom the video so you can see the same object and the color as well. Besides, you can create custom motion zones in this device. You can only focus on what is vital to you; that’s why this doorbell could be a better option.
- These two are equipped with the two-way audio feature, but the Pro is a little advanced. Ring 2 only lets you talk and listen to the front door while you can see the front door as well in the Ring Pro. This feature makes you consider choosing this one.
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is designed with a rechargeable battery; on the other hand, it is equipped with a wired design. The user will get continuous power from this that provides the convenience of use. Simultaneously, you have to change the battery after a few months in the Ring Pro 2, which creates a little hassle.
You can see the differences which made the Ring Pro one of the best doorbells for you.
Comparison Chart: Ring 2 vs Ring Pro
|Specifications||Ring Video Doorbell 2||Ring Video Doorbell Pro|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Dimension||5.05 in x 2.50 in x 1.08 in||4.50 in x 1.85 in x 0.8 in|
|Weight||1.21 lbs||1.21 lbs|
|Camera Resolution||1080 P||1080 P|
|Custom Alert Zone||No||Yes|
|Siren||100 dB||100 dB|
|Cloud storage||Free for 60-days||Free for 60-days|
Differences and Similarities of Ring Pro and Ring 2
Ring video doorbell 2 and Pro have 1080 P camera resolution that allows the user to see, hear, and speak to the front door people. And you can do it right from your smartphone, tablet, or by selecting the echo device. They also offer traditional black and white night vision, but you can see everything clearly at night time.
Though both devices come with the same video quality, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro lets you zoom the image. If you want to see an object clearly, then zoom the item; it will also show you the color. On the other side, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 doesn’t offer this function.
Field View and Motion Detection
You will get a clear and comprehensive view from the Ring Video Doorbell Camera since these two have a 160-degree field view. But when it comes to motion detection, the Ring Pro is advanced. It allows you to create a customizable zone that you want to detect, and it will only focus on what is important to you. Additionally, the device will hit a notification to your phone while it detects any motion. And the Ring Pro 2 doesn’t let you customize the motion zone areas.
The devices are compatible with the 60-day free cloud storage. And after this period, you have to subscribe to cloud storage. However, you can store the recordings in the cloud and watch them anytime you want. Moreover, for a long time, you can keep them in USB storage.
Ring 2 and Ring Pro have a two-way audio function, plus are compatible with the Alexa and Google Assistant voice command. They have a Ring app so you can talk to the person at the door. All you need to do is, command Alexa to speak to the front door. And the Ring App will show notifications whenever they detect any motion. Furthermore, since the Ring 2 has a rechargeable battery, the app will tell you when the doorbell needs a charge.
The Ring Pro has a video function, including the audio. You can watch the front door and talk. The video and two-way audio process made the device smart and convenient, so you can consider it.
Another best thing about these two devices is, you can find they have a 100 dB siren. It helps reduce crime, like the Arlo cameras, and the doorbells will create sirens. The user can also control the siren remotely from the app.
The devices come with a one-year limited warranty. You can expect them to last for more than 4/5 years without any significant issues. And if you have any problems with the device, you can repair them free of cost. Or, you can replace the device with a new one.
Ring 2 and Ring Pro are great doorbells, but I suggest you choose the Ring Pro for you. It offers a customizable function, zoom, and some advanced features missing in the Ring 2. If you are looking for an affordable video doorbell, the Ring 2 could be your choice. And if you want an advanced function, then Ring Pro should be your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About ring video doorbell 2 vs pro
| Is Ring Doorbell weatherproof?
Yes, both of the Ring devices are weatherproof, so you can install them anywhere you want.
Do I need to pay for cloud service?
You don’t need to pay for the first 60 days, and then you have to subscribe to the cloud service.
How is the video quality at night time?
The nighttime video quality is excellent, and it provides traditional black and white vision.
Will Ring work with Siri?
No, the Ring is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, but it is not compatible with Siri.
Does the Ring come with a charger?
No, the Ring doorbell is compatible with rechargeable batteries; if it has a charger, you’ll get a USB-type cord or charger.
Check more comparisons of the ring doorbell from below.
- The expertise field of Rony Jahid is printer and grill machine. He helps people find the best items. His greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help readers to get the best for their needs under their budget.
- Grill machine2022.05.16Weber Performer Premium vs Deluxe – See which one is the best.
- Projector2021.11.03Epson 2150 vs 3100 – Check Our Recommendation!
- Projector2021.10.30Epson 4000 vs 4010 – Learn Why You Should Invest in Epson 4010!
- Doorbell2021.10.27Ring 2 vs Ring Pro – Check which Doorbell you can pick?