What features made Apple TV 4K Best?
- Apple TV 4K has HDR10 and Dolby Vision that provide realistic colors with greater detail. At the same time, Roku 4K doesn’t support the HDR10 or Dolby Vision.
- It has Dolby Atmos sound quality, which is missing in its competitor. However, the system sends sounds all around and above you, and you will be fully immersed in the three-dimensional audio with Pinpoint precision.
- Apple 4K teams up with the world’s largest broadcasts so that you can get the content you are looking for. On the other hand, Roku 4K doesn’t support all the streaming networks.
- Both devices come with the built-in voice remote, but Roku 4K voice remote may not work on your viewing. In contrast, Apple 4K makes a list for you depending on your previous watching history.
- It gives a faster performance as the device features the A10X Fusion chip while the Roku 4K has an ARM Cortex A53 that works slightly slower than Apple.
- You can access the Amazon Prime from the Apple TV 4K, whereas the Roku application cannot access Amazon Prime.
- The device features 3 GB, including 32 and 64 GB storage capacity. But the Roku 4K has 1 GB and 8 GB storage that can be expandable.
These features make Apple TV 4K convenient and a better one. So, you can consider Apple 4K rather than the Roku 4K. To check their price just click the buttons below.
- Apple TV 4K and Roku 4K come with a built-in voice remote.
- They provide a one-year warranty.
- Both support the game.
- They are compatible with AirPlay.
- These devices support dual-band wifi and ethernet as well.
- They have the same 4K video quality that runs at 60 fps.
- With the HDMI port, both can be connected to any TV.
- Roku and Apple 4K provides 2 AAA batteries with the remote.
|Specifications||Roku 4K||Apple TV 4k|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||3.7 x 0.8 x 0.47 inches||5.3 x 6.4 x 2.6 inches|
|Weight||8.8 ounces||1.8 pounds|
|Processor||ARM Cortex A53||A10X Fusion|
|Memory Storage Capacity||8 GB||32 GB,64 GB|
|Standard Ram||1 GB||3 GB|
|Video Output||2160p (4K)||2160p (4K)|
|Dolby Atmos Audio||No||Yes|
|Apple AirPlay compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Batteries Included||2 AAA batteries||2 AAA batteries|
|Warranty||1-year Limited||1-year Limited|
Differences and Similarities Between Roku 4K and Apple TV 4K
Talking about the Roku 4K and Apple TV 4K design, these two are designed in round-shaped. But there are a few visual differences between them. Apple 4K is thicker than the Roku 4K. Apple comes in glossy black color, which makes it elegant. At the same time, Roku doesn’t have glossy black color.
But if you look at the side-by-side design, the Roku is versatile because it has a USB port so that you can access local media. Also, it lets you add a micro SD card. On the other hand, Apple TV 4K includes an HDMI and ethernet port. It doesn’t have any micro SD slot.
Apple 4K remote has a sleek design that is lightweight than the Roku remote. Also, Apple 4K remote has a touch panel on top, while Roku fully features button control.
Apple TV measures 5.3 x 6.4 x 2.6 inches (H x W x L). In contrast, the Roku TV is 3.7 x 0.8 x 0.47 inches. As you can see, the Roku is slightly smaller in size, but Apple 4K will give you better performance.
The setup process for these two devices is relatively the same and straightforward. You need to plug the boxes into the power outlet, and connect them to your TV. When you connect it to the TV, you need to sign in or create a new account—next, select language, locations, channels, or apps. Once the installation is done, your Tv is ready for streaming.
When it comes to interface, both devices are the same. You can find the streaming app on the big screen once your setup is done. Now, select the app or video stream you want to watch. But the Apple 4K provides a slightly better interface because you can see all the apps name with its icon as well on the big screen. While the Roku will only provide the app name, so here the Apple 4K is better.
Apple TV 4K has better video vision than the Roku. Both of them feature the 2160p 4K vision so that you can experience the brilliant picture quality of your favorite shows with stunning detail. They can stream in HD and HDR as well to provide sharp and vivid color resolution.
ON THE OTHER HAND, Apple TV 4K features Dolby Vision, HDR10, which offers more realistic colors with detail. The Apple will give better screen quality with high dynamic range and gives you crisper picture as well.
So, the Apple 4K is better when it comes to video quality you can rely on this device with your eyes closed.
Both have almost the same remote functions, but these are slightly different. Apple 4K remote includes a touchpad on top, and you just need to swipe your hand on it to change the channel or other things. Also, it looks stylish, but Roku remote is also upgraded. It has volume, tv power, instant replay feature, including Netflix, Hulu, Sling, and disnep+ buttons.
Roku 4K and Apple 4K are different in the sound system, and Apple TV provides better sound since it features Dolby Atmos. It sends sounds around and above you with pinpoint precision, and you will immerse yourself inside the action. The Atmos brings your home the complete cinematic experience, whereas Roku 4K doesn’t support Dolby Atmos, yet you will get more precise sound.
The best part about the sound is that both are compatible with the Apple and Roku app to use the app for private listening on mobile. And it won’t disturb the members in the house.
Roku 4K and Apple 4K can stream thousands of paid or free apps. Both can access Amazon Prime, HBO Now, Netflix, Hulu, Showtime, Starz. You can also access fitness, sports, or lifestyle apps too if you can watch live news as well from the streaming app. The app makes everything easier.
Apple TV 4K performs better when it comes to games since the device lets you access the latest games from the Xbox controller. It provides thousands of games for the individuals whereas also let you play games with your friends too. However, the Roku 4K is not perfect for gaming though you can found games in Roku’s different streaming channel store. Browse and install the games on your device from Roku. Still, Apple 4K is better in terms of gaming.
Both of these streaming boxes come with a one-year guarantee period. If your device has manufacturer issues, the warranty will stand with you to give you free service. Roku and Apple 4K also offer an extended warranty. For that, you’ve to pay extra, but an extended warranty doesn’t feature free service.
Both streaming devices do a fantastic job and feature the best functions. But in my review, Apple TV 4K wins the battle here. If you want the best performance, perfect for the game, and a stylish one, Apple 4K is a suitable device. Or, if you like the Roku 4K feature and its performance, that would be an ideal device for you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Roku 4K vs Apple TV 4K
|How to power the Roku?|
You can power the Roku via the USB port or with an HDMI port.
Are they AirPlay-compatible?
Yes, both devices are airplay compatible, and you can watch photos, videos on the big screen.
Can I download the Xfinity app?
Apple TV 4K and Roku 4K lets you download the Xfinity app, but you need high-speed internet to download this.
Do they provide a warranty?
Yes, both of them offer a one-year limited warranty that covers defects on the device.
Does Apple 4K compatible with the game?
Yes, the device lets you play games without buffering also allows you to share them with others.
Can Roku voice remote control command the Hulu live tv?
Unfortunately, the Roku voice remote cannot command Hulu, but it lets you navigate the app.
Find related comparisons here.
- Apple TV 4k vs Nvidia Shield
- Apple TV vs Fire Stick 4k
- Apple TV 4k vs Roku
- Apple TV 4K vs Fire Stick 4K