Roomba 960 and i7 are two popular Robotic vacuums. Compared to Roomba 960, the iRobot Roomba i7 would be a better choice for you.
What Features Made Roomba i7 Better?
- It comes with 1700pa suction power, but the Roomba 960 has 900pa. So the i7 will clean your home better and will pick up the stubborn dirt with its premium 3-stage cleaning plus 10x lifting suction.
- Roomba i7 is guided with the iAdapt 3.0 with vSLAM navigation, while the Roomba 960 doesn’t contain this. The i7 will build personal Smart Maps since it learns the layout of your home. It will remember your house map for the next clean; you need to ask Alexa to command the robot to clean where you need it.
- This robot can run up to 120 minutes per charge; on the other side, the Roomba 960 can run only 75 minutes. Both of the devices have a resume function, and the machine will come back after charging where it left cleaning.
- Roomba i7 is upgraded with memory as well as processing power, whereas the 960 is not. Also, you can easily move this robot vacuum since it is lighter than Roomba 960.
So the above-mentioned features are the reasons I said the Roomba i7 is the best robot vacuum. It is suitable for both small and large homes.
Comparison Chart: Roomba 960 vs i7
|Specification||Roomba 960||Roomba i7|
|Editor’s Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Dimension||13.8 x 13.8 x 3.6 inches||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches|
|Weight||8.6 pounds||7.44 pounds|
|Suction Power||900 Pa||1700 Pa|
|Maximum Runtime||75 minutes||120 minutes|
|Imprint Link Technology||Yes||iAdapt 3.0 with vSLAM|
|Entire Level Cleaning||Yes||Yes|
|Virtual Wall Barrier||Yes||Yes|
Similarity & Difference Between Roomba 960 and i7
In terms of suction power, the Roomba i7 can offer you the best clean. It is built with 1700pa suction power to create 10x powerlifting. And the Roomba 960 has 900pa and can create 5x suction power. However, both of the devices have dirt-detect technology. When the device detects any mess, it will clean the mess. If you have pets and kids at home, I recommend the Roomba i7 as the machine will clean every dirt particle. And you’ll get a cleaner surface than Roomba 960.
Compared to the Roomba 960, the i7 is smart, and it allows you to schedule the cleaning time. Once you set the cleaning time, the device will start cleaning the carpet to everything properly. But you need to press the clean on the Roomba 960 to start cleaning.
Both of the machines have imprint link technology to provide the user their dream clean. The robots are smart since they have an imprint link technology that teams up with the Braava jet m6. So that they can vacuum the entire house and then mop in the perfect sequence. If you select either the Roomba 960 or i7, you don’t need to take the hassle of mopping.
Roomba i7 can run up to 120 minutes to entirely clean your house. And the 960 can run up to 75 minutes, which is a little hassle. That’s because the Roomba 960 cannot clean your home with one charge. It will need a charge to clean your house entirely. If you want to clean the house once at a time, then Roomba i7 should be your choice.
Virtual Wall Barrier
The Roomba comes with the Keep Out Zones, and you can tell the robot vacuum to stay away from the areas you want. The virtual wall barrier is helpful for the home with pets or kids. Furthermore, the Roomba i7 allows you to create a map on the device; you can also set programs where to clean. But this is not available on the Roomba i7.
Roomba 960 and i7 come with the iRobot Home App that upgrades your cleaning experience. You can start and stop the device right from the smartphone. And if you cannot find the robot, you can take help from the app. It will find out the robot if it is stuck anywhere. The best part about these two robot vacuums is, they are compatible with Alexa. If you want to use Alexa, make sure you have the speaker to command the robot.
You will get a one-year limited with the Roomba 960 and Roomba i7. The robots are made from high-quality devices, and you can use them for years to come. And if you find any manufacturer issues with the device, the company will repair it free of cost.
Roomba 960 and i7 are great robot vacuum cleaners when it comes to cleaning. But if you are looking for a convenient and advanced robot vacuum, then Roomba i7 should be your choice. It is smarter than the 960 models; also, it can give better cleaning. And if you have any budget issues, then go ahead with the Roomba 960.
Frequently Asked Questions about Roomba 960 and i7
|Can I schedule the Roomba 960?
No, it’s not smart; when you press start, the machine will start clean wherever it is. And every day, the machine rebuilds the post-cleaning map.
Can I use a Roomba i7 in 220v?
Yes, if you have a voltage converter, then you can use it in 220v. But the machine is designed for 110-120v.
Will i7 work with a virtual wall?
Yes, this device is compatible with the Dual Mode virtual wall barrier. Also, you can use the previous model.
Does Roomba need to install the battery?
No, the machine comes with an installed battery in it when it arrives; all you need to do is – unpack the machine and set up the machine.
Will Roomba 960 work without Alexa?
Though the machine is compatible with Alexa, you can still use it without the Alexa.
Check some comparisons related to the Roomba vacuum cleaner from below-
- iRobot Roomba i7+ vs 980
- iRobot Roomba 985 vs i7
- Roomba 675 vs 960
- Roomba 671 vs 675
- iRobot Roomba 677 and 675
- How To Clean Dyson Canister Filter
- How To Clean Dyson V8 Filter
- How To Clean Dyson V6
I'm Fahad Hasan author of Buywithme.org & I have been working in the fitness industry for the last 6 years, I'm dedicated to helping people to fix & choose fitness equipment. My greatest reward is being able to utilize that knowledge to help his readers to get the best equipment for their needs under their budget.
Click the below links to find him on social media
- Home Gym Machine2022.09.08Bowflex Xtreme vs Xtreme 2 – Check what makes Xtreme 2 Better!
- Air purifuer2022.08.31Dyson AM11 vs TP02 – What’s the main difference between them?
- Jacket2022.08.31Apex Bionic vs Apex Risor – Which one is Comfortable & Fittest?
- Nordictrack Bike2022.08.29NordicTrack S15i vs S22i – Check Why NordicTrack S22i is Best!