Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch 3 smartwatches have incredible features. And if you want to pick the best one, we highly suggest the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3.
Why Do We Suggest the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3?
- It has the latest Bluetooth version 5 while the older version has BT 4. Thus, this watch gives you smooth sharing compared to earlier devices.
- The Galaxy Watch 3 can monitor the blood oxygen level, which is crucial since it indicates how healthy you are. Besides, the Galaxy Watch does not has this feature.
- This watch has 8 GB of built-in internal storage so that you can keep your favorite apps, important files, and so on. In comparison, its rival has a 4 GB storage capacity. Hence, you can save more files or apps on this smartwatch.
- You will get the ECG technology, also the heart rate warning function in Galaxy Watch 3 device. It will send you the report for irregular heartbeats to alert you. At the same time, you won’t get these convenient functions on its little brother.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 combines these high-end features which are missing on the Galaxy Watch. Therefore, if you want to upgrade your smartwatch, this should be your best pick.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch and Watch 3 are water-resistant, dustproof, also sweat-resistant watches.
- They have an AMOLED touch screen so that you can easily operate your smartwatch.
- These two integrated with GPS, as well as heart rate monitor.
- Both can track your sleep, be capable of count calories, also detect your workout activity.
- These two smartwatches are combined with a one-year limited warranty.
Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch 3: Quick Specifications Chart
|Specifications||Galaxy Watch||Galaxy Watch 3|
|Editor’s Choice||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|OS||Tizen 4.0||Tizen OS 5.5|
|Memory||768MB + 4GB||1GB + 8GB|
|Battery||470 mAh||247 mAh|
|Battery Run-Time||80 Hours||43 Hours|
|Chipset||Exynos 9110||Exynos 9110|
|Display||360 x 360 Super AMOLED||360 x 360 Super AMOLED|
|Product Weight||2.8 ounces||7.1 ounces|
|Warranty||1-Year of Warranty||1-Year of Warranty|
Differences and Similarities between the Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Galaxy watches rely on the Tizen operating system that offers your watch the functions of an Android device or IOS.
Anyhow, Samsung Watch 3 has Tizen 5 OS while the original version includes OS 4. Thus, you can smoothly use the Watch 3 rather previous one.
Moreover, these two devices can receive calls and let you reply to messages right from the watch. In addition, you can find the call and chat history on the Watch 3 device. But the older Galaxy doesn’t have this function.
Since the Watch 3 gives you better features, you can go with this watch rather than the earlier version.
When it comes to fitness, these two are almost identical. Both will track your calorie intake, monitor your heart rate, and provide you guided meditation feature. You will also get breathing exercises on these watches. Additionally, both smartwatches will help you learning stress management that is a great addition.
But the Galaxy Watch 3 has some upgraded fitness features. For example, it is capable of measuring your blood oxygen level and improper heart rate. Furthermore, it has an ECG function, so this will notify you when your health is deteriorating.
Both will automatically track your movement whether you are moving, cycling, swimming, or doing some other workouts. And you can see the progress every month as they will record your activity.
When it comes to battery life, these watches are slightly different from each other. The Samsung Galaxy Watch has a 470 mAh battery capacity, while the Watch 3 has a slightly smaller 247 mAh.
But these two can hold battery for all day on a single charge. You can use them efficiently with GPS on and other features. However, they will slowly drain the battery.
However, if you expect a longer battery life from your Galaxy smartwatch, you can grab the older version.
Galaxy Watch has 768MB + 4GB, at the same time, the upgraded one is combined with the 1GB + 8GB.
So the Watch 3 gives you more room to keep more apps or data you want. You can either seamlessly integrated this device with your iOS or Android device to do things more smartly. Also, your data will be safe in Watch 3.
These two are integrated with music, therefore you can listen to music during a workout to make your exercise more enjoyable. Both allow you to download apps for free, also they support widgets as well. You can track your exercise since both have an exercise diary.
Samsung Watch and Watch 3 can handle a little water for a few minutes, which ensures the durability of your phone. Nevertheless, these cover a limited-one year warranty which gives you free repair for any workmanship defects. Unfortunately, however, they do not offer an international warranty.
Investing either in Galaxy Watch or Watch 3 is worth it, but you should get the Watch 3. This device has advanced features than the previous version. It is a great choice for your body since it will track your heart every time, also has ECG function. Moreover, this smartwatch will give an expanded memory capacity. That’s why we suggest you Watch 3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch 3
Do I need to update the GPS?
No, your smartwatch will detect the GPS after 10 minutes you connect your device.
Do they provide an international warranty?
Unfortunately, these smartwatches do not offer an international warranty. It is only available in the USA.
How long does the Watch 3 battery last?
It will give you all day long battery.
Will they track sleep?
Yes, both Samsung watches will track your sleep, also they will track your heart rate plus activities to everything in between.
Can I customize the workouts on these smartwatches?
Yes, both smartwatches allow you to customize the workouts. Moreover, these devices have a list of workouts, and you can add more to that list if you want.
You may have interest in –
- Samsung Galaxy Watch vs Gear S3
- Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch Active
- Fossil Gen 3 vs Gen 4
- TicWatch E2 vs S2
- Fossil Sport vs Gen 4
- Fossil Gen 5 vs 5E
I am working in the Kitchen Industry for the last five years, as well as with Baby Care items. My motive is to help readers find the best Kitchen essentials or whoever needs to purchase Baby Care Items.
I utilize my knowledge to help people get the best within their budget range.
I love trying different dishes so I have to purchase different kinds of crockeries. So, I am pretty sure I can provide you with the information on what you should look for when purchasing any Kitchen Essentials.
Before going to the market, ask yourself a few questions to make your purchasing process easier.
- How often do you need to cook?
- Do you have a large family or a small one?
- Your budget.
- Can you compare products?
And when you want to purchase any Baby Items, then ask yourself -
- How old is your baby?
- The material.
- Your budget.
You can check out some of my writings on Kitchen Items and Baby Care as well. I describe the features in detail for your convenience.
Follow or ask me anything about Kitchen or Baby Items on social media.
- Sony2022.06.01Sony a7 vs a7r – Learn Why Sony a7 is Better than a7r!
- Coffee & Espresso Machine2022.05.30Breville Infuser vs Barista Express – Check & get the best one
- Baby Monitor2022.05.30Nanit vs Nanit Plus – Check what make Nanit Plus Best Monitor!
- Cookware2022.05.30All Clad D5 vs Copper Core – Which cookware should be your pick?